No announcement yet.

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Aaron, it's a great kit ! thanks for the documentation, I just have a question,¿ how should the use of the cursor be handled on android, is there any way to use it like on the pc ? or should I just use an alpha texture to hide it, this is my first work with android and it seems that everything gets a bit complicated, like always push an extra button, =) regards

Comment

Originally posted by 1electronik View Post
      Hi Aaron, it's a great kit ! thanks for the documentation, I just have a question,¿ how should the use of the cursor be handled on android, is there any way to use it like on the pc ? or should I just use an alpha texture to hide it, this is my first work with android and it seems that everything gets a bit complicated, like always push an extra button, =) regards
      Hey 1electronik,

Mobile device's will use touch input without the cursor by default. So "Use" in this case would simply be tapping on the object in the world, or any other action that has been enabled on the object. If you have multiple actions on a single actor, you should see a radial menu which shows the different actions available and the player.

Adding cursor support like on the PC would also be possible, but the implementation details would come down to your goals and what you would like input setup to be. Happy to help guide this if you would like to discuss this in more detail.

Quick note... There has been a regression between UE4.23 - 4.24 with some of the platform changes causing the app to crash on startup. For now it would be recommended to remove the custom software cursor entirely (from the DefaultEngine.ini) which may cause some delays/headaches if you want to add custom cursor support for your game.

Hope this helps!
      Aaron
      CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Thanks for the response, very fast and clear, I think it's a great idea to implement the menu, but I think I first have to deeply understand the use of Android and this great tool-kit, anyway I will try to do it and post my progress, Thank you again Aaron

Comment

Hi, I don't understand how to save the game. In the forest demo save but I don't have a slot. In my scene he tells me he saves, but when I go to load game I don't have any slots

Comment

Originally posted by 1electronik View Post
            Thanks for the response, very fast and clear, I think it's a great idea to implement the menu, but I think I first have to deeply understand the use of Android and this great tool-kit, anyway I will try to do it and post my progress, Thank you again Aaron
            Sounds great, 1electronik!
            Originally posted by Samusam80 View Post

Hi, I don't understand how to save the game. In the forest demo save but I don't have a slot. In my scene he tells me he saves, but when I go to load game I don't have any slots
            Hey
            Samusam80,

Saving your games progress should be as simple as calling "Autosave" (Will save game progress, e.g. between scenes, but wont permanently save to disk) or "User Save Game" (Save game progress to disk) functions in your blueprints. The Save notification which happens in the demo is a User Save Game, so progress here should output a save file in your GameProject\Saved\SaveGames\... folder.

Here is the save function call you mentioned from the demo, which can be seen in the BP_ForestDemoSceneManager:

Click image for larger version  Name:	UserSaveGameExample.JPG Views:	0 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	1720623

If you have development mode enabled in your Game Instance, the save game will be a "DevelopmentSlot.sav" game file instead of a standard "Slot#.sav". This will also allow you to load into the current scene instead of loading the last scene saved in the standard save game file.

Double check your save games folder and see if there is a save file, such as DevelopmentSlot.sav. You could also try to manually save from the game menu and see if the result is the same.

Let me know if you continue to have troubles with this.
            Aaron
            CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Hello, I put the forest demo scene manager in my scene and renamed it. I saw that in the blueprint there is a user save game, as you told me. But the problem continues that when I save and load the game I do not have the slots of the save just made. Where am I wrong?

Sorry but I haven't used unreal for a long time

Comment

the problem is in the main menu, when I go there I load the forest demo and the loading of the game refers to the forest demo scene. How do I hijack the main menu in my scene?

Comment

Hey - I was just wondering if this toolkit supported controller input as well/ instead of point and click?

I've been toying around with a prototype idea for a simple "adventure" game and have got a scene set up with player controller/ cameras etc, but your asset looks to take the functionality that I would like through the roof. You can see an example of the current protoype here as an example of the type of game I'm dabbling with
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Scroll_Small.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	1726466

Comment

Working...
                  X