No announcement yet.

CAMERA 360 System (Blueprints)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I found why corn and plant didn't appears correctly. It's not your program, it's because I used moving material on corn and plant's mesh. These mesh was too thin and too faster for the capture. I'm really sorry.
    I replaced all mesh by flipbook texture and static texture. All is exported correctly with 4096 px render target texture. I tried more but no improvement.
    Thanks a lot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jemstoo; 01-27-2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemstoo View Post
      Hello, I found why corn and plant didn't appears correctly. It's not your program, it's because I used moving material on corn and plant's mesh. These mesh was to thin for the capture. I'm really sorry.
      I replaced all mesh by flipbook texture and static texture. All is exported correctly with 4096 px render target texture. I tried more but no improvement.
      Thanks a lot
      Good afternoon!
      I understood you. You have an amazing project. I am glad that you have found a solution. If you have any more questions, be sure to write to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ElizzaRF View Post

Good afternoon!
        I understood you. You have an amazing project. I am glad that you have found a solution. If you have any more questions, be sure to write to me.
        Hello, thank you for your compliment. I manage to do this project better and faster thank to your you. Now, I have two question :
        - Firstly, I don't need to calculate all pixel of each frame. That is to say my project will be projected on a planetarium dome so half of the picture are off frame area. Is it possible to calculate only the white part of the picture ? See picture in attachment. I think about that to minimize render time and not calculate pixel which are not necessary. By doing this, maybe we can up the size of the picture ?
        - Secondly, do you know if a 16K render will be available in the future ?
        Have a nice day
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi ElizzaRF,
          the latest changes are very useful, I really appreciate your activity.
          I have a problem with the latest update: one of the two two eyes makes the floor sink!
          I'm checking the image on oculus quest!

I send you the image by email...

Comment

Hello, thank you for your compliment. I manage to do this project better and faster thank to your you. Now, I have two question :
            - Firstly, I don't need to calculate all pixel of each frame. That is to say my project will be projected on a planetarium dome so half of the picture are off frame area. Is it possible to calculate only the white part of the picture ? See picture in attachment. I think about that to minimize render time and not calculate pixel which are not necessary. By doing this, maybe we can up the size of the picture ?
            - Secondly, do you know if a 16K render will be available in the future ?
            Have a nice day
            Hi, Jemstoo!

1. Can you send a full frame and indicate areas that you do not need? I find it difficult to navigate the image, is this a complete picture? You can note the value of Debug Border, so that I can easily navigate?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Debug_Border__.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1713717
            2. The maximum image size is limited by the Unreal engine. Maximal image size for 360 in HighResShot = 16384x16384 px for 1:1 or 16384x8192 for 2:1 aspect ratio.
            If you need the maximum value of the image, do not forget to increase the Render Target Texture (Quality Texture = example 5000-8000)

Note: If you render 1: 1, you may notice the picture may be clearer (this option captures more pixels), this is another option how to improve image quality.

Comment

Originally posted by alb3360 View Post
              Hi ElizzaRF,
              I have a problem with the latest update: one of the two two eyes makes the floor sink!

Good afternoon, alb3360!
              I will now check the images on HTC Vive and check.
              I can't figure out what it means to sink the floor
              I need to check. I'll write to You later.

Comment

Originally posted by alb3360 View Post
                Hi ElizzaRF,

Hi, alb3360!

I checked your image, you're right Yes, I'm working on it now to fix it. This is because all the cameras are offset to display the stereo correctly, but the seam artifact appears in the right eye in all the cameras, and this is especially observed at the bottom.

Can you try raising the camera higher?

I hope to fix this in the next update.
                Last edited by ElizzaRF; 01-27-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Hi, Jemstoo!

1. Can you send a full frame and indicate areas that you do not need? I find it difficult to navigate the image, is this a complete picture? You can note the value of Debug Border, so that I can easily navigate?

Name:	Debug_Border__.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1713717
                  2. The maximum image size is limited by the Unreal engine. Maximal image size for 360 in HighResShot = 16384x16384 px for 1:1 or 16384x8192 for 2:1 aspect ratio.
                  If you need the maximum value of the image, do not forget to increase the Render Target Texture (Quality Texture = example 5000-8000)

Note: If you render 1: 1, you may notice the picture may be clearer (this option captures more pixels), this is another option how to improve image quality.
                  Hi ElizzaRF, you will find in attachement the picture with debug border. The blue area is the one I don't need to calculate. I took a screenshot to capture black picture with debug border so I'm not sure that is correct. Anyway, for the previous picture: the red zone is the blue one here, and its size is the final export (4096x2048)
                  I'm glad to know 16k export is already available. I thought UE can't do it. However, my computer can't do it. Probably because of my 8 GB memory graphic card

Comment

Hi ElizzaRF, you will find in attachement the picture with debug border. The blue area is the one I don't need to calculate. I took a screenshot to capture black picture with debug border so I'm not sure that is correct. Anyway, for the previous picture: the red zone is the blue one here, and its size is the final export (4096x2048)
                    I'm glad to know 16k export is already available. I thought UE can't do it. However, my computer can't do it. Probably because of my 8 GB memory graphic card
                    Hi, Jemstoo!

1. I checked the rendering of 360 images.

Rendering time frame 360 = 20-30 sec.
                    Size output png = 16384x8192px
                    Render Quality = 6000 px.
                    Aspect ratio:2:1.
                    The Raytracing value must be activated. This reduces the memory load.
                    Size output image: 187 mb.
                    and please see image settings:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Settings_16384px.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.5 KB ID:	1714030
                    Image example.
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K2...ggy4GZ4BpDydOf

My computer specifications:
                    Videocard: RTX 2080ti
                    CPU: Core i7 7700k
                    HDD: SSD

2. You can turn off the camera and be able to reduce the load.
                    Try the following:

1. Open Camera Rec 360 actor;
                    2. Find Render Quality

Name:	RenderQuality.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	1714042

3. Find SceneCapture 6 and change render quality 1 px.

Name:	RenderQuality_1px.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	1714043

Write to me, did the solution help you?

Last edited by ElizzaRF; 01-28-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Perfect, almost : I can't do rendering after 8192 px. I think it's about my computer specifications :

Videocard: RTX 2080 Duke 8 GB
                      CPU: Core i7 6700 3.40 Ghz

But it's fine, pictures are awesome already, all the bottom are one pixel rendered : )

- rendering of 360 images :

Rendering time frame 360 = 17 sec.
                      Size output png = 8192x4096px
                      Raytracing value activated.
                      Size output image: 42 mb.

I have one more question : what is "delay next frame" ? It's 2 in your settings but 0.5 by default
                      Last edited by Jemstoo; 01-28-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Perfect, almost : I can't do rendering after 8192 px. I think it's about my computer specifications :

Videocard: RTX 2080 Duke 8 GB
                        CPU: Core i7 6700 3.40 Ghz

But it's fine, pictures are awesome already, all the bottom are one pixel rendered : )

- rendering of 360 images :

Rendering time frame 360 = 17 sec.
                        Size output png = 8192x4096px
                        Raytracing value activated.
                        Size output image: 42 mb.

I have one more question : what is "delay next frame" ? It's 2 in your settings but 0.5 by default
                        And in which version of the engine do you render?
                        I did in version 4.24 and 4.23. They change very often and sometimes in newer ones everything will work out?

Delay next frame.
                        This is the delay between frames. Try 2-5 seconds, then after the screenshot, nothing happens for 2-5 seconds, all the cameras are deactivated, then a new frame starts and all the cameras are activated, a screenshot is taken, and so on.
                        This allows you to avoid loading the video card with a fast stream of frames.

My settings = 2 seconds, if 0,5 for 16384px (very big size) => engine crashed.

Comment

Hello, I'm using 4.24.1 version. Change delay between frames is a good idea and a nice tool. You did a really great job. Me and my RTX graphic card thanks you. However, I can't render picture beyond 8192 x 8192 px. UE crash each time I try to do more

Comment

Hello, I'm using 4.24.1 version. Change delay between frames is a good idea and a nice tool. You did a really great job. Me and my RTX graphic card thanks you. However, I can't render picture beyond 8192 x 8192 px. UE crash each time I try to do more
                            Unfortunately, Yes, a lot depends on the engine and video card. In the future, I will think about implementing faster and less expensive rendering of heavy images, including Raytracing. Try again, RenderTarget 3000-4096 and specify 16384x8192. try different options.

Comment

News 01/30/2020. Unreal Engine 4.22.2 Raytracing working for Camera 360.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image_00648.jpg Views:	0 Size:	543.1 KB ID:	1714809
                              Video Full dynamicly raytracing shadows and reflections.
                              Camera 360 : https://youtu.be/JqpWKbZyb-c
                              Video Original: https://youtu.be/ky2oJd3cBes

The rendering was performed on RTX2080ti. Unfortunately, now rendering 360 raytracing is very demanding on hardware.
                              Last edited by ElizzaRF; 01-29-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

News 01/20/2020. Update sent to store. New update 1.13 Fix 6.

Please see new stereo image.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qr...Cf8RsmxUEARRCa

In the new update, the stereo modes 180 and 360 are fixed.

1. Mode 180 stereo.
                                - Camera Left and Right now the eyes form a greater stereo effect.
                                - Camera Top and Bottom unchanged.

2. Mode 360 stereo.
                                - Fixed looks stereo for camera Front, Back, Left and Right cameras. Now the stereo effect does not break. When turning in 360, now the eyes are not inverted.
                                - Camera Top and Bottom - I had to remove the stereo for these cameras. To avoid problems with stereo and cornering.

I looked through many possible solutions, while this is more or less a working option for 360 video in stereo format.

I added a little debug mode. The display of the right and left eye in debug mode, starts when a simulation or game.

Click image for larger version Name:	Devug_Stereo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.0 KB ID:	1710902

1. The red zone - if your object falls into the red zone, this is a very bad stereo for the eyes. Comfortable distance for stereo outside the red zone.
                                2. You can see, when debug is activated, see in which areas there may be problematic seams for the stereo mode.
                                Click image for larger version Name:	Devug_Stereo2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.3 KB ID:	1710903

Result for stereo - RIGHT Eye:
                                Click image for larger version Name:	Devug_Stereo3_seams.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.7 KB ID:	1710904

This happens because all the cameras are shifted to display the stereo correctly, but a seam artifact appears in the right eye.
                                I think considering that the left eye without seams, to some extent with the help of video editors, you can gloss over the seam, but for now it's hard for me to say for sure.

Looking up and down, I ruled out stereo so that there was no problem with inverting the image until I came up with some new working way.

Please let me know if this update helps you. If there are errors, be sure to let me know.
                                News 01/30/2020 Update 1.13 fix 5 returned.
                                Please close Epic Launcher and update camera 360.

After testing 360 stereo, I found some additional problems.
                                I will return Update 1.13 version. fix5. As I fix everything, I will send the updated correct stereo Update 1.13 fix 6.
                                Last edited by ElizzaRF; 01-30-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X