Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] ArcadeVS - update is here! new realistic vehicle and animation system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] [SUPPORT] ArcadeVS - update is here! new realistic vehicle and animation system!

v1.1 is here!

For the details of the new features, it's here: https://poyoworks.github.io/ArcadeVS...11_update.html
    As always, any feedback welcome!

------------------------------------------------------------------

So what is Arcade Vehicle System (ArcadeVS)?

It's a lightweight C++ physics based Vehicle System. Its goal is to be super easy to setup and configure and most of all to make fun to drive vehicles. It also support drifting, which can be configured to be realistic or completely Arcade like (Mario Kart / Sega All-Stars Racing).

Features:
    • Full Vehicle System logic in C++ for high performances
    • RayCast Suspension system with compression, damping and adherence tuning
    • Acceleration, braking and reverse, turning
    • Customizable drifting mechanic
    • Jumps!
    • In air stabilization setting for either roll overs or arcade like super stabibility
    • Center of mass offset, adherence force offset and many other nice parameters
    • Blueprints API, events for all state changes. Accelerate Start/Stop, Can Drift, Drift Start/Stop, etc.
    • All vehicle state values and forces exposed to Blueprints
    • All functions can be overriden in C++, easily add your own logic or change the default one
    Blueprints:
    • Kart Vehicle, fully textured mesh with materials, VFXs, Blueprint animations. Super stable with infinite drifting!
    • Test Vehicle with regular vehicle default settings. Simply replace the vehicle mesh and you're ready to go!
    • 2 Skeletal Mesh Animation Blueprints, handle suspension compression, wheels direction and rotation, and drift movement.
    • 1 Player Controller class

I really want to improve it so don't hesitate to comment and give some feedback, features request are also welcomed! thx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Poyoworks; 07-25-2019, 08:49 AM.

Hi I am on 4.21. I have setup my vehicle exactly as shown in your documentation and it works fine (however, you should change the instructions from Blockall collision to Pawn - took me hours to figure out why it wasn't working, until I copied your collision settings from the kart). I have been tweaking the blueprint values and it seems I have an issue - to make the car leave the ground (without pressing jump) I adjust the ray cast length to be just above the target suspension height and this works fine - at speed I leave the ground, like expected. But whenever I land, the car stops like it hit something and then continues at speed - the car does not continue moving along the ground with the momentum it had in air. How to fix? All the other UE4 car mechanics I have got allow the car to land at speed without stopping and either skid a bit if landing at an angle, or just continue driving like a normal car would if landing straight - please hep - I really like th plugin otherwise - I don't want to have to go back to the UE4 vehicle template I have been using previously... Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi moody.by.name, thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll update the documentation.I see the problem you're having, when landing jumps it feels like you hit a wall when the vehicle hits the ground. I remember experiencing this issue with some settings but though I got it fixed. Could you PM me a screenshot of your vehicle settings so that I can reproduce that easily ? Also I'm almost finished working on the next update which adds a nice animation system and many improvements, I'll update this post with a new video soon!

Comment

When is the 4.22.2 update coming? Poyoworks

Comment

Hi e3pojedi, I've just submited the build so it should be available in ~2 weeks hopefully! I've updated the documentation and detailed everything that's coming in the update, feel free to have a look, it's here: https://poyoworks.github.io/ArcadeVS_DemoProject/. Thanks.

Comment

Looks good! Is there a way to compile the current plugin for 4.22? I have a deadline of 2 weeks for a prototype showcase, and I would really like to get the vehicles improved before the deadline hits. Poyoworks
            Thanks!

Comment

@e3pojedi I've sent you the needed modifications, you should be able to compile the plugin for 4.22, tell me if you have any other issue!

Comment

It looks very promising for my game, but dude, update the documents.
                https://poyoworks.github.io/ArcadeVS...iclesetup.html

Put that you have to add arcadeVSAnimator component ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	arcad.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1634491

I went crazy until I discovered why the wheels of my car wheels not moving

Comment

This plugin is crazy amazing, but I need a few features more...

I need more control in reverse, because is hard back to the road after a hit, I guess if I could completely vary the behavior when it's in reverse it would be nice
                  - Reverse acceleration
                  - Max angular velocity reverse
                  - Reverse Brake

Can add brake to drift
                  - Drift brake

and also how can I leave the car stopped while the countdown begins for the race? or when cross the finish line?
                  if there is a bit of slope, the car moves only, I try set disable "enable movement", brake to 1, disable "simulate physic", nothing work.

"enable movement" look like disable input, but not stop the car. or am I missing something?

A handbrake can be useful in this cases, because set brake to 1 make to the car reverse
                  - Boolean Handbrake
                  - Handbrake force

Bug
                  Disable tick in car crash the engine
                  Last edited by DomusLudus; 06-24-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Hi DomusLudus, I'm super happy to know that you like the plugin! I've sent you an email where I've tried to answer all your questions

Comment

Hey Poyoworks , thanks for making this plugin and the support you gave me! The demo went really well! The only issue there was is the lack of physics sub stepping below 30FPS - when will this be patched? Thanks!

Comment

Look promising, but I meet some problems that will probably solved in future update (like when I break without releasing accelerate button, and then I release brake, the car don't accelerate again, I have to re-press accelerate to move forward again or when I brake and the car go backward, I can't turn anymore, for exemple) I just have 2 suggestions for now to help to fine tune a car: an helper to show where is the "Center of Mass Offset" and same for "Traction Offset" in the blueprint viewport will be perfect!

And, I can't access to the ArcadeVS Content folder in the demo content, I can't found the folder, even if I use Browse to Asset in Content Folder, nothing happen, so I can't see your exemple...

Comment

I found something very strange: I make a ramp, if the car don't take the ramp perfectly, the car become stuck on the ramp, I can't move anymore

Like here: https://i.imgur.com/GR0Ic3A.jpg or here: https://i.imgur.com/35G2TtH.jpg

The car completely stop (in some case, even if I come very fast) and i'm unable to move even if one of more tire touch something

Comment

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback on the plugin!

e3pojedi glad to know your demo went well I've got substeping on the list of feature for next releases. Its not the top priority right now but I'll take care of it. Meanwhile if its a real show stopper for you I could help investigate why you're getting frame drops under 30.

nynjardin yes I know the way accelerating/braking worst in terms of priority is not perfect right now and can lead to some weird behaviors. For the helper you mentioned, I have the visualizer component that's supposed to do that (it currently supports center of mass and traction offset), do you find it useless or would you have preferred something different? For the acceleration / brake, do you have an idea on how you would like those settings to be exposed on the vehicle system or how you'd like to be able to configure them?

I've checked your screenshots and yeah that's not normal. Did you check the parameter for the number of wheels to be considered OnGround?
                            When you have this issue, you can press F8 to unpossess the vehicle, then click on it and select the VehicleSystemComponent. From there you should be able to check all the current settings, this should show you if its considered OnGround and if the suspension HitCasts are working properly.
                            Also you should activate the visualizer it will help you understand better what's going wrong with the ramp

Comment

Originally posted by Poyoworks View Post
                              Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback on the plugin!

nynjardin yes I know the way accelerating/braking worst in terms of priority is not perfect right now and can lead to some weird behaviors. For the helper you mentioned, I have the visualizer component that's supposed to do that (it currently supports center of mass and traction offset), do you find it useless or would you have preferred something different? For the acceleration / brake, do you have an idea on how you would like those settings to be exposed on the vehicle system or how you'd like to be able to configure them?

I've checked your screenshots and yeah that's not normal. Did you check the parameter for the number of wheels to be considered OnGround?
                              When you have this issue, you can press F8 to unpossess the vehicle, then click on it and select the VehicleSystemComponent. From there you should be able to check all the current settings, this should show you if its considered OnGround and if the suspension HitCasts are working properly.
                              Also you should activate the visualizer it will help you understand better what's going wrong with the ramp
                              Thanks for the answer!

For the vehicle stuck, all look good: https://i.imgur.com/YIMcetp.jpg I will investigate further later.

For the center of mass, I have activated everything needed to see it and when I play with parameters the little yellow sphere don't move, I have supposed that wasn't an helper, but it is. I'm little confuse to have so many strange behavior starting with my inability to found content folder in your exemple project : https://i.imgur.com/GkgIecg.jpg

I start thinking that can come from my UE4 installation, but before performing a complete reinstall, I want to check with you if I messed something?

For accelerating/braking, I think all exposed settings are enough, for what I think I need, a least for now, I'm just frustrated that I can turn when backing and can't change the center of mass (for now )

Thanks for what you've done, look very promising and help me a lot on my project!

EDIT: I solve the turn when brake control problem, I use the third person template for testing Arcade VS, and I have to reconfigure all input

EDIT 2 : Poyoworks since I can't see what you have done in exemple project, can you provide better animation BP in your documentations that I can reproduce ?

EDIT 3 : I think the ramp problem come from that the animation is not set, I do some play with the demo project and the behavior look to be different (I can't replace demo project cars by mine, so, I can't perform more test for now)
                              Last edited by nynjardin; 07-30-2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X