No announcement yet.

Japanese Modular Town House Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With this blog post 18 out of 19 pre-built examples have a proper presentation: https://inu-games.com/2019/09/02/mod...-ms_machiya_5/

Modular Japanese HousesModular Procedural Scaffold SystemModular Snap SystemModular Snap System Runtime
    BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

Today, I wrote another blog post: https://inu-games.com/2019/09/03/mod...ms_machiya_13/
      Now, all the 19 pre-built house examples have a presentation.
      For the future, I have some more ideas. I'll post about them here soon.
      Modular Japanese HousesModular Procedural Scaffold SystemModular Snap SystemModular Snap System Runtime
      BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

I finally submitted an update for UE4.23 and if everything is okay with the marketplace it should be here in few days. There are some changes that were needed for the blueprints. Here what's changed:

The problem with UE4.23 is that it introduced some backward incompatible changes and bugs.

Most important change is the GetAssetByObjectPath function, which is used in almost all Architecture related BPs (Walls, Pillars, etc.) In previous version it was a pure function, and in 4.23 it's not pure anymore, therefore it requires input and output connections. If you open one of those BPs in 4.23 you see something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191111-1621424.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1685575

and the Blueprint doesn't compile anymore.

The fix is to simply connect the node, like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191111-1621423.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1685574

This is the most important fix the 4.23 update of the Modular Japanese House Pack contains.

If you used MJH for 4.21-22 and want to use port your project to UE4.23 you can replace the MJH folder with the new one. If you cannot just replace the whole folder, for example because you modified something, then you can fix those errors yourself by connecting the node. You can download the 4.23 version to see how they should be connected. Or you can just replace the affected blueprints. Don't forget to backup them before!

Another blueprint breaking change introduced in UE4.23 concerns BP_Builder blueprint. Its parent class, Editor Utility Blueprint, was deprecated in UE4.23 and it doesn't work anymore. I had to modify it to become an Editor Utility Widget, BP_BuiderWidget.

Another problem is that some of the functions used by BP_Builder were moved by Epic to a "Scripted Editor Utilities" plugin, which comes with UE4.23 but is not enabled by default. So you have to go and enable it yourself in Plugins window. There are some more UE bugs related to this blueprint, but they apparently will not be fixed until the next version of the engine, so I put a workaround and it should work correctly now.

Here a little video to show how the BP_BuilderWidget works:

Let me know if you have any questions.
        BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

MJH 4.23 update is now available on the Unreal Marketplace. It seems to work allright with 4.24 Preview 2 too.
          Check the post above for what's changed.
          BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

Hello berguina . I really love this Japanese town kit you have created it looks marvelous. I am relatively new to unreal still learning the rope, I have a question though, if I purchase this town set of yours, is it possible to personalize some part of it by changing the MATERIALS of some of the asset? I have substance painter and the free quixel megascan.. is it possible to you use my own texture, say I want to change the ground texture to something else? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacefoux View Post
              Hello berguina . I really love this Japanese town kit you have created it looks marvelous. I am relatively new to unreal still learning the rope, I have a question though, if I purchase this town set of yours, is it possible to personalize some part of it by changing the MATERIALS of some of the asset? I have substance painter and the free quixel megascan.. is it possible to you use my own texture, say I want to change the ground texture to something else? Thanks!
              Yes, you can change the materials. I use material instances, so there you can change the textures and/or the colors for one specific material instance or add a new one.You can then add some more entries in the enums used by the BPs and be able to use your own material variations with the BPs and the builder.
              Just for further information, M/R/AO/Sp.l are organized in just one mask to save textures number and space. I did all my textures with substance painter and wrote a config to save them that way, so it shouldn't be a problem. In case you need more help/explanations with a specific case, you can write me an email and I'll help you modifying that specific material instance and clarify in details how the base material works.
              BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

MJH Modular Japanese Town House pack is participating to the Black Friday 2019 sales with 30% off.

For the occasion, I thought nice to share with you a video of some VR testing we started recently. In the following video, you can see MS_Machiya_8 in VR. This example house is a sushi bar and is inspired by the beautiful Sushi Gin bar of the Yakuza series.

There is also a playable demo of the pack on itch.io (sorry not VR there). I will probably share other videos in the next days.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating.
                BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

Another example level in VR.

This time it's a typical "machiya" (町家), i.e. a home with a shop in front. You find this one in the MS_Machiya_1 example map included in the pack.

BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

As promised, some more example level in VR. This one is for MS_Machiya_3. This house is inspired by a real machiya, you can read more about on its blog post.
                    BlogTwitterArtStation

Comment

Working...
                    X