MSSR ★ Modular Snap System Runtime Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scha View Post
    Fenix From Rus Btw, check if you don't have some invisible collision overlapping the pieces. Like some mesh with a collision which is bigger than the mesh visible shape. Automatic collision is very approximate, like for those puzzle blocks it will just put an approximate box around. You can easily show the collision in your level by pressing Alt-C
    If it's something like that then you need to make your collision manually
    Okey, thank you! Right now it's working as expected.

Best support

Comment

I was getting an error when attempting to open MSSRExample on 4.23. Get Asset by Object Path has exec pins on it but in 4.22 it doesn't, at least I think the issue is as simple as that. The final image is my attempt to plug it in, I still know very little about this plugin and BPs in general so could you verify if this should work for whatever this function does?

Also, one of the assets on example 3.D fail to load on 4.22 and 4.23
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McPhearson View Post
        I was getting an error when attempting to open MSSRExample on 4.23. Get Asset by Object Path has exec pins on it but in 4.22 it doesn't, at least I think the issue is as simple as that. The final image is my attempt to plug it in, I still know very little about this plugin and BPs in general so could you verify if this should work for whatever this function does?
        Also, one of the assets on example 3.D fail to load on 4.22 and 4.23
        It seems 4.23 added those pins, before "GetAssetByObjectPath" was a pure function. So, just connecting like you did is the correct fix, I suppose. For the mesh, I have no idea why it's not loading, it's just a sphere with a socket.

I was waiting to move examples to 4.23 because it seems many things are broken in 4.23.0, so I was waiting for 4.23.1 at least. Anyway, I think I will have to make 2 versions of the example project, 4.22 and 4.23.
        Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
        Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
        TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

How do you snap objects to themselves? I have to rotate the object upside down to snap it and since I can't name the sockes the same name i can't snap it to itself

Comment

Can the isConnected function be used to determine if a room/house has walls on all sides?
            Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

Originally posted by NobleSpoon View Post
              Can the isConnected function be used to determine if a room/house has walls on all sides?

I think it's possible. It all depends on how you define snap sockets. For example, if you have sockets on the floor to connect the walls, then you can call "getConnected" with the floor actor and it will tell you which socket has a wall connected to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NobleSpoon

I'm able to launch an Android build (Oculus Quest) with this plugin. However, it crashes anytime SnapActors is called.
                If you have a crash log, maybe we can figure out what's not working.

edit: btw, did you add android in whitelist platforms in uplugin file?
                Last edited by scha; 10-04-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post

If you have a crash log, maybe we can figure out what's not working.

edit: btw, did you add android in whitelist platforms in uplugin file?
                  Thanks, that did the trick!
                  Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

Hi. I buy your MSSR and its very good.

But I have a problem. I want connect two actors. But not like in your tutorial, Pipe_A and Pipe_B. The beginning and the endpoint is unknown and different. So I need the information about ehe snapped line and any pipes betwieen begin and and actors should have the signal from the beginning actor to the ending actor.. I have testet now some different solutions with an array from the functions IsConnectet and GetConnected. But nothing work. The array is always empty. can you help me please?

Sorry for my bad englisch, but its not my motherlanguage. But I hope you know what I mean.

I think the best way to tell you is... you have a battery, a switch and a light. now you snap some cabels from battery to the switch and from the switch to the ligt. now you have the battery anytime under energy and the cables to the switch are every time under energy too. the cables and the light have no energy. now you turn on the switch and the cables and the ligt have the energy.

you know what I mean? I hope so.

Is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomarr Sovai View Post
                      Hi. I buy your MSSR and its very good.

I think the best way to tell you is... you have a battery, a switch and a light. now you snap some cabels from battery to the switch and from the switch to the ligt. now you have the battery anytime under energy and the cables to the switch are every time under energy too. the cables and the light have no energy. now you turn on the switch and the cables and the ligt have the energy.

you know what I mean? I hope so.

Is it possible?
                      Hi. You need to use GetConnected method. This method gives you all actors "connected" to an actor. IsConnected also uses this method internally.

How you use it and when you call it depends on your implementation. For example, you can use GetConnected when you turn your battery on and then find all actors connected to the battery. I use the function like in the screenshot bellow:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation-20191014-183649.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.0 KB ID:	1673800

You call it with your battery, and it will use GetConnected recursively, then return all actors connected to the battery, directly or via other actors. Then you can filter the list to choose only the actors you are interested in, like the lights, and turn them on.

I use this to make a prototype of modular cars and drones and stuff like that. I have different motors and thrusters and then a "computer". When I turn the computer on it will use the BP above to discover all stuff it's connected to and then command them. You can check those examples on my twitter:

https://twitter.com/games_inu/status...26547329556480
                      https://twitter.com/games_inu/status...05175126126592
                      https://twitter.com/games_inu/status...06946252218368
                      https://twitter.com/games_inu/status...68511849660417

Comment

Thanks. I will test it.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I remade the example project to have all examples in one demo, with a menu to navigate between levels.

Fixed couple of issues: missing mesh and UE4.23 compatibility. Project is 4.22, as before, but now it should work with 4.23 too.

Please check it out: https://inugames.itch.io/mssr-demos

MSSRExamples.zip contains the playable demo with all example levels, and MSSRExamples_Project.zip contains the corresponding project files. VR demo is the same as before, no changes yet.

Please let me know it works fine for you.
                          Last edited by scha; 11-03-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Hello scha . I've recently bought your MSSR plugin. Thanks for creating it, it's really functional and easy to use.

I'm using it for a VR project, and the modified BP_MotionController somehow disables the hand grip animation in the default VR Template. Hand grip animation plays only if you are grabbing an object in MSSR, but it should play whenever GrabLeft or GrabRight is triggered. Do you happen to know that where the blueprint flow breaks, or does enabling the animation (grabbing nothing) contradict with the MSSR functionality?

Thanks.

Original VR template (4.23): GrabRight plays MannequinHand_Right_Grab
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_176720.png Views:	3 Size:	481.9 KB ID:	1685146

MSSRVR_Project (4.22, Jun 27, 2019): GrabRight doesn't play MannequinHand_Right_Grab unless a cube is grabbed
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	mssr_no_air_grip.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	1685145

Question 2: What exactly do "MotionControllerPawnDetach" do? Does it replace "MotionControllerPawn" as the player pawn? Mechanics I put into MotionControllerPawn don't work with MSSR at the moment.
                            Last edited by Arkhemor; 11-10-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Arkhemor

Originally posted by Arkhemor View Post
                              Hello scha . I've recently bought your MSSR plugin. Thanks for creating it, it's really functional and easy to use.

I'm using it for a VR project, and the modified BP_MotionController somehow disables the hand grip animation in the default VR Template. Hand grip animation plays only if you are grabbing an object in MSSR, but it should play whenever GrabLeft or GrabRight is triggered. Do you happen to know that where the blueprint flow breaks, or does enabling the animation (grabbing nothing) contradict with the MSSR functionality?

It seems I forgot to set bWantsToGrip, you can fix it easily if you edit BP_MotionControllerDetach Grab and Relase events, which are located in the "Grabbing" event graph. It should be like on the screenshots below:

Originally posted by Arkhemor View Post
                              Question 2: What exactly do "MotionControllerPawnDetach" do? Does it replace "MotionControllerPawn" as the player pawn? Mechanics I put into MotionControllerPawn don't work with MSSR at the moment.
                              Yes it replaces MotionControllerPawn, but it mostly the same. It uses BP_MotionControllerDetach instead of BP_MotionController. BP_MotionControllerDetach is where the bulk of MSSR code is located. in the Grabbing event graph. Basically, I modified the way objects are grabbed and releaed, but the rest of the blueprints are the original ones from the VR template.

And the "Detach" in the name is because in the beginning there was 2 VR examples. Another example simply used the DetachFromActor function, which was not really doing a good job keeping things realistic. In this version of the example there is a more complex algo that you can see in the BP_MSSRHelpers:: Detach function.

Please let me know if you have more questions

Comment

Hey,

I get Invalid File Specified error from the BP screenshots you uploaded. Can you upload them again please?

Thanks for the explanation about the Motion Controller Pawn.

I would like to use the plugin for a modified/custom VR pawn, so is there any documentation about how to implement it into a blank project or VR Template from scratch?

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Working...
                                X