No announcement yet.

MSSR ★ Modular Snap System Runtime Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, i bought MSSR, it's very great as a plugin. Is the MSS bundle blueprint in the MSSR plugin? I am really interested in this blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Tchounky View Post
      Hi, i bought MSSR, it's very great as a plugin. Is the MSS bundle blueprint in the MSSR plugin? I am really interested in this blueprint.

Hi, sorry I don't understand your question, what do you mean "MSS bundle blueprint" ?
      Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
      Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
      TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

the blueprint you use in the video

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSSR.PNG
Views:	92
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	1833752

Comment

Originally posted by Tchounky View Post
          the blueprint you use in the video
          I understand now. It wasn't really a blueprint, and unfortunately I never managed to finish it.

Comment

it looks functional though, too bad. It's a feature that I would have liked

Comment

First of all I want to thank you for this great plugin!

I have question about editing Snap Settings. I would like to use "Snap Open Only" and "Open Check Radius".

In my case I have multiple + sockets close each other (5cm) and I want attach only items with - socket to those.
              When I use Snap Open Only setting and set Open Check radius, plugin will also count + sockets to this check so plugin thinks socket is already taken even if I don't have any item attached with - socket.

So how can I edit "Open check" to count only opposite pole sockets?
              Is it possible to change preview color (for example) from green to red when you are trying to attach item to closed socket?
              Last edited by Player; 12-11-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Player View Post

I have question about editing Snap Settings. I would like to use "Snap Open Only" and "Open Check Radius".

In my case I have multiple + sockets close each other (5cm) and I want attach only items with - socket to those.
                When I use Snap Open Only setting and set Open Check radius, plugin will also count + sockets to this check so plugin thinks socket is already taken even if I don't have any item attached with - socket.

So how can I edit "Open check" to count only opposite pole sockets?
                Is it possible to change preview color (for example) from green to red when you are trying to attach item to closed socket?
                Hi, thank you! "Open Only" mode doesn't take target sockets into account, it will simply make a sphere trace in front of the source socket to see if there is any obstacle (anything overlapping the sphere), and the radius parameter is the radius of that sphere. So, for your problem, maybe you can try to modify the collision of your meshes to take that into account?

Comment

Originally posted by Player View Post

?
                  In fact, what I said above is not totally correct, sorry. The "snap open" mode will make a sphere trace in front of both potential source and target sockets. And it will discard sockets that have something in front of them. But it only checks for collision, it doesn't look if there is another socket inside the trace.

Comment

Hello, I bought the MSSR plugin and I was wondering how I go about using the physic handle to combine the mesh's. I watched the YouTube clips and downloaded the example but I do not get how to make them a single object when the snap happens with the physics handle.
                    (example)The basic idea is I have a bunch of Lego blocks that can snap to each other on and off then I want to be able 3D print them as a whole.
                    How would I go about it?
                    Would I change the snap settings or spawn all of them in the same positions but in a new location with new snap settings?

Comment

Originally posted by jeathvader View Post
                      Hello, I bought the MSSR plugin and I was wondering how I go about using the physic handle to combine the mesh's. I watched the YouTube clips and downloaded the example but I do not get how to make them a single object when the snap happens with the physics handle.
                      (example)The basic idea is I have a bunch of Lego blocks that can snap to each other on and off then I want to be able 3D print them as a whole.
                      How would I go about it?
                      Would I change the snap settings or spawn all of them in the same positions but in a new location with new snap settings?
                      You mean, you want to make a single static mesh? Maybe you can use procedural meshes? I never used this so I don't really know how it works.

Comment

Thank you, and sorry I wasn't clear enough, what I meant is how do I get them to act as one unit like in the examples for physic handles and the mini game; when they snap together I can drag the cube snapped to the cube around with out it coming off. Is that a snap setting thing, or a input thing where snapping the cubes together is not the same as grabbing them?
                        I followed the physics handle video where I can grab the objects but they lost the ability to snap to each other, but I still get the preview mesh to show up.
                        Last edited by jeathvader; 12-26-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you, and sorry I wasn't clear enough, what I meant is how do I get them to act as one unit like in the examples for physic handles and the mini game; when they snap together I can drag the cube snapped to the cube around with out it coming off. Is that a snap setting thing, or a input thing where snapping the cubes together is not the same as grabbing them?
                          I followed the physics handle video where I can grab the objects but they lost the ability to snap to each other, but I still get the preview mesh to show up.
                          Ah okay, I see. In those examples meshes are "weld" to each other, this is something UE4 has for physics objects. When you attach one cube to another there is a flag "weld simulated bodies" on the "attach actor to actor" blueprint node. It will take collision primitives from child object and merge them into parent, so it becomes one object for the physics engine.
                          You can look how the physics handle character is made, in the event graph you will find those things. If you need something similar I recommend you start from this character and add you stuff, or you copy the attach/detach parts you need to your character.

Comment

Hello again,
                            I got questions about spawning meshes with the the mssr plugin.
                            If i wanted to spawn them and have then connected/snapped to each other is there a way? i.e.(two cubes that get spawned close to each other then connect or down right connect on spawn)
                            Is is possible to spawn a group of connected meshes? i.e(i got two cubes connected can I respawn/spawn them both in another location still connected)
                            Thank you

Comment

Hello again,
                              I got questions about spawning meshes with the the mssr plugin.
                              If i wanted to spawn them and have then connected/snapped to each other is there a way? i.e.(two cubes that get spawned close to each other then connect or down right connect on spawn)
                              Is is possible to spawn a group of connected meshes? i.e(i got two cubes connected can I respawn/spawn them both in another location still connected)
                              Thank you
                              Hi, the plugin requires an actor which is already in the level to search for snap points, so you can't search before you spawn it. A workaround is to spawn it invisible, search for spawn points then if found move it there and make it visible.

Comment

Working...
                              X