No announcement yet.

Logic Driver - Easily Design Gameplay Systems with State Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was just brought to my attention that 4.24 did NOT receive the Logic Driver 2.1 update, but 4.23 and 4.25 did. If anyone is still on 4.23 and planning to update to 4.24 check the Logic Driver version you have installed first. If it's 2.0.1 or less you're fine, if it's 2.1 you should hold off until this is resolved or contact support@recursoft.net.

I have asked to Epic to rebuild / redistribute the 4.24 version.
    Logic Driver - Easily Design Gameplay Systems - Version 2.0 Now Available!

Comment

Wow, Epic fixed this fast. The 2.1 update is now available for UE 4.24.

Comment

Hey everyone! Just an FYI that because of the 2.0 update, the original Logic Driver product is now considered PRO, and a new LITE version is available.

Everything in Lite is already part of Pro. No need to buy anything else.

Comment

Version 2.1.1 is out for 4.23-4.25 with some bug fixes.

Patch Notes

Comment

Logic Driver is absolutely the right thing for my project, I was keeping finding a proper FSM plugin in UE4 environment. After several days using, I found that there is a limitation about reusing the 'State'. According the design now, I need put all the logic in one state node. But in our game project, there are various logic unit in a state, such as, add buff to some players, open a door somewhere, set a timer and disable AI and so on. All these logic unit may be reused in anytime and anywhere. Game designers could use these logic units to make all kinds of gameplay. As time goes by, we could accumulate many logic units, the more logic units we developed the less work we will do in the future, and the more stable of the game logic.
            So in Logic Driver, I think there should have a logic unit(we can call it Action) under the state object. An action object contains all the generic logic. It can expose some config fields display in the UE details panel so that the designers can adjust gameplay by changing these fields. Maybe you have realized that it is the same thing with Playmaker in Unity. Yes it is.

Please could this feature in the future updates ? I would provide more detail information in your email

Comment

In case anyone missed the Discord announcement,

Version 2.2 is now available!
              Patch Notes

Currently in development: Parallel States

And what yinpsoft suggested is also being worked on, most likely by allowing multiple state classes to be stacked per state node.

Comment

Working...
              X