[SUPPORT] AudioAnalyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have sent the update 3 days ago to the marketplace so in one week or two the update will be online

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When 4.25 support will be out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxSMoke777 View Post
    I want to add this for anyone asking in the future. If you find Audio Analyzer to be choppy on the Oculus Quest, use "Init Player Audio Ex" instead of "Init Player Audio" and the choppiness goes away. I set my Player Buffer Size to 2048.
    Thx for the feedback, I will add this device to the FAQ question.

Since Oculus Quest is an Android Device, the plugin use the android binaries. The current implementation of the low latency audio in android has some issues when the buffer is too low and is affects too to this devices.

But with the new update the SDL2 library the playback and recording is done using the OpenSL-ES, so we will obtain an smoother playback with the next plugin update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to add this for anyone asking in the future. If you find Audio Analyzer to be choppy on the Oculus Quest, use "Init Player Audio Ex" instead of "Init Player Audio" and the choppiness goes away. I set my Player Buffer Size to 2048.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi

Currently you can't apply effects to an audio file, but this is something added in the future features list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BYC Hi is there any pitch or slow down method... How can I slow down music for a while?
    Last edited by mahlukat; 04-30-2020, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I managed to get the libraries imported into the final ipa file, and the game no longer crashes in my iphone at startup. But no music plays. Do you know why it might not play in iOS ? There is simply no reaction, while building the same game for windows works like a charm. I really need to get it work in iphone somehow. Is it properly tested in iOS though ?

All the necessary .dylib files are successfully packaged in the framework folder.
    Last edited by codehawk64; 03-31-2020, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BYC View Post
    The problem is the size of the range in position 1 with that time window.

For a 0.02s window with a 44100 sample rate audio the minimal frequency bucket is:
    Num_samples = 44100 * 0.02 = 882 (now we search for a window size power 2 to fit that number samples (1024), this is the size of our FFT analysis)
    So each FFT result position represent a band of 44100 / 1024 = 43.0660 hz

Now you have a band of 120 - 90 = 30 Hz, that value falls below the band size of the FFT
    If you request a range under that minimal you obtain a 0.

With a timewindow of 0.03 you can reduce the minimal size to work with your bounds.
    44100 * 0.03 =1323 -> next power 2 value 2048
    44100 / 2048 = 21.53 hz
    So you can increase the time window by 0.03 sec to reduce the minimal range and obtain a value for all your curent bands (or you can increase the size of that band over 43)

Thanks for the quick answer! I had to read this a couple of times to understand it, but it makes sense!

I changed the range to 90 - 140. I will create sliders to directly adjust the values in the gamepreview later, so that I have direct feedback for how it looks. Then it will come in handy that I understand the problem with the timewindow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem is the size of the range in position 1 with that time window.

For a 0.02s window with a 44100 sample rate audio the minimal frequency bucket is:
    Num_samples = 44100 * 0.02 = 882 (now we search for a window size power 2 to fit that number samples (1024), this is the size of our FFT analysis)
    So each FFT result position represent a band of 44100 / 1024 = 43.0660 hz

Now you have a band of 120 - 90 = 30 Hz, that value falls below the band size of the FFT
    If you request a range under that minimal you obtain a 0.

With a timewindow of 0.03 you can reduce the minimal size to work with your bounds.
    44100 * 0.03 =1323 -> next power 2 value 2048
    44100 / 2048 = 21.53 hz
    So you can increase the time window by 0.03 sec to reduce the minimal range and obtain a value for all your curent bands (or you can increase the size of that band over 43)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi BYC

I am running into a problem when using your Plugin. I want to create a project (as basic as possible) that uses frequency ranges of a selected audio device input/output to drive different parameters of objects.

I'm not an expert on blueprints, so I took your AA_StarterProject and changed it into a "loopback-version". Well maybe you can create a short guide for a very simple setup, but with the current changed up starter project, there's a problem with the frequency range defined as array index 1.

The array indexes (frequency ranges) 0, 2 & 3 return the correct values, but index 1 stays at 0.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AA0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.6 KB ID:	1737367

Thanks! And let me know if you need any further information.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using the audio module of SDL2 library to play the sounds, and taking the raw data during the playback. It's and audio system independient of the UE4 audio, but can be used inside the ue4 projects. You can load the audio and play from the original file at runtime. I have not been able to extract the audio from the soundwave class so you can't take the audio from a soundwave and use it in the plugin.

I'm using the base library. On plugin release the version of the sdl2 included by the engine was outdated, I don't know the current version included with the engine, I prefer to use the last version, for example that version included performance improvements on Android platform and some fixes than the UE4 version didn't have, at that time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question:
    All the listed formats (mp3, wav, ogg) can be open at runtime and played inside the game ? Can get the soudwave file ?
    From some replies I notice you're using SDL2, you're using the base or Mixer ? And in the case you're using SDL2 base why aren't you using the inclued SDL2 in the engine ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BYC
    Some questions
    By str_magic on February 3, 2020 2:52 PM - Edited on February 3, 2020 4:00 PM
    Was this question helpful?
    Version: 4.22
    Cannot use AudioManager in cpp, it's too hard to make it compile, always get link errors or headers not found.

Beats detection, it seems to me not accurate, Could you please share some information (for example, how to detect beats)?
    Also (need, really detect beats accurate, like in time, clear and without noise).

Also, Could I analyse an audio file without playing? Cannont find any options.
    Thank you very much!

Originally posted by BYC
    Cannot use AudioManager in cpp, it's too hard to make it compile, always get link errors or headers not found.
    If you want to compile the plugin sources you have a guidelines here:
    https://www.parallelcube.com/content...older-versions

You can see too this tutorial about how to link and use thirdparty libraries in UE4 projects
    https://www.parallelcube.com/2018/03...obile-project/

Originally posted by BYC
    Beats detection, it seems to me not accurate, Could you please share some information (for example, how to detect beats)?
    Also (need, really detect beats accurate, like in time, clear and without noise).
    To define a custom range of the frequency analysis you must use the "Init Beat Tracking Config WLimits". To define the limits or the bounds of a band you need to use the Make Array node
    You can set the low and high frecuency bound of the analysis bands. You only have two rules to make this list: sorted and no overlap.

So an example of valid bounds array:
    0-10
    11-40
    80-100

And an example of invalid bounds array:

0-10
    10-40 (overlap frequency 10Hz)

0-10
    5-40 (overlap frequencies 5-10Hz)

In this image I have created 3 bands, the first one takes the accumulative result of frequencies from 0 Hz to 10 Hz and the second one from 11 Hz to 40 Hz..
    You can override the threshold value for all the bands at this point too. The concept of the beat tracking analysis and this parameter can be found in this tutorial
    https://www.parallelcube.com/2018/03...ion-algorithm/

Click image for larger version

Name:	InitBT.png
Views:	175
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1717953
    The output of Get Beat Tracking will be an array of 3 elements, one for each band.

Name:	BetBT.png
Views:	131
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1717954

You can override one threshold value for each band using the WThreshold node

Name:	GetBTT.png
Views:	134
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1717955

Originally posted by BYC
    Also, Could I analyse an audio file without playing? Cannont find any options.
    The plugin is focused in real time analysis so there is no node to do a full beat tracking analysis without playing. But if you only want the analysis in real time without audio output you can set the Volume of the Audio Manager to 0 using Set Playback Volume node.

For example, an audiosurf style game. If you want to generate the track in front of the player before they reach that point you need to audio managers, one to play the song with volume 0 and make the analysis, and the second one start playing the same song but with a delay of 3-5 seconds (the time of the track generated in front of the player) and without analysis.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You will need access to the root folder of your file system

The error log suggests one of this paths:
    '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/C6152FFF-E11A-49EC-8DC8-4B0C43582BD2/BallDasher.app/Frameworks/libSDL2.dylib'
    '@rpath/libSDL2.dylib'
    '/usr/local/lib/libSDL2.dylib'
    '/usr/lib/libSDL2.dylib'

The first one must be the correct path of a successfully packaging process but I think you can try anyway of that list.

I'm going to investigate why the thirdparty libraries are not packaged in the expected path.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BYC View Post
    Hi

The quick fix is to try to copy the dylib to one of the expected folders. You have the dylib in the Plugin folder \UE_4.24\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\AudioAnalyzer\Source\Thirdparty\SDL2\Libraries\IOS, you will have to copy the libs for the rest of the decoders too. You can find that in \UE_4.24\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\AudioAnalyzer\Source\Thirdparty\[decoder]\Libraries\IOS

There is some bugs with the packaging UE4 process and thirdparty plugins. For example in Android platform you will have to copy the plugin folder to your project folder to be able to package it for arm64, With armv7 the packaging is correct. So you can try to copy the plugin folder inside your project before packaging to discard a packaging problem related to their bug. If the problem continues we can try to check more things with your help.
    I can find the library files as you mentioned, but i have zero idea on where i need to copy-paste it. Can you guide me on the location to copy-paste it ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X