No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] AudioAnalyzer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see updates of BPM Detection, MP3 Support, and M3U support. I would definitely love to hear any ETAs about this info.

Thank you for making this plugin, I literally would by it again per update above.

I am excited and looking forward to continuing to develop on what I've made using what you made as you continue to develop!

Feel free to loop me in as a beta tester :P

Thank you,
    -Brandon

Comment

Hi

Yes, we have an update ready to be released for this week, since it is a major update we are doing some testing yet. We want to start the MP3 support development the next week.
      Here you have the changelog preview for the version 1.02

– Fixed crash on wrong sound path
      – Added channel selection mode in visualizer initialization
      Click image for larger version

Name:	channelselectionmode.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1592325
      • All in one: Accumulates all channels data into only one array
      • Select one: Returns only the channel specified in Channel option

Name:	channelselectoneopt.png
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	1592326
      • Split all: Returns each channel into one array. Use “By Channel” nodes to retrieve the results
      New amplitude analysis configuration node. Now Amplitude analysis use the same node structure as frequency spectrum and beat tracking analysis. Initialization + Getter
      – Removed GetAmplitude parameters

Name:	amplitudenodes.png
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1592327

Added multi-channel Support. Now you can retrieve the results for each channel separately, select Split_all option in “Channel selection mode” during the analysis configuration and use the “By Channel” nodes to retrieve the results.

Name:	bychannelnodes.png
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1592328

Changed GetBeatTrackingVariance node, now calculates Average and Variance with the same node. If you only need the average result you can continue using GetBeatTrackingAverage node

Name:	beattrackingvariancenode.png
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1592329

Added Beat-per-minute counters to Beat Tracking nodes, now you can track the bpm of an interval of beat tracking samples and the accumulated result.

Name:	docVisualizerFunBT.png
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1592330

Audio Analyzer
      Web | Marketplace | Support

Comment

Hi, thanks for the plugin. Anyone have guidance on how to add a smoothing function to filter input values logarithmically between changes to smooth the stream of continuous data? I'm looking to do what most VJ software does (VDMX, Resolume, Max/MSP) to smooth out the falloff of peaks. It's great to get realtime for seeing the amplitude jump up, but nice to be able to smooth out the amplitude on the way back down.
        Todd Bryant
        Postdoctoral Researcher / VR Technical Director
        Tisch School of the Arts /
        Tandon School of Engineering
        New York University

Comment

Something like the red lines of this video?

Audio Analyzer

Comment

2019-04-18 v1.03

– SDL2 library updated to 2.0.9
            – Added mp3 format support on Win64 and Android Platforms
            – Added ID3 tags support v1 and v2

Name:	metatagnode1.png
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1609595

– Added Format Test UE4 Project [UE4 Sample Projects]
            – Changed GetFolderFiles to Impure function to avoid extra calls, now must be explicitly executed by connecting exec wires.

Name:	newgetfolderfiles1.png
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1609596

– Added new player node with more options: Loop playback and Starting time.
            You can define the number of loops and bind and event for each loop end too. Each loop starts from StartTime position.

Name:	newplayoptions1.png
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1609597

– Added Audio Device selection nodes.
            Now you can select the audio device to play and capture the sound. Set default Device(s) Player/Capturer Audio node must be called before Init Player/Capturer Audio node.
            If the default audio device is not set then the system default audio device is selected.

Name:	newgetdevices1.png
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1609598

More detailed info into Documentation page

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Exactly. Thank you for the example.
              Originally posted by BYC View Post
              Something like the red lines of this video?
              Todd Bryant
              Postdoctoral Researcher / VR Technical Director
              Tisch School of the Arts /
              Tandon School of Engineering
              New York University

Comment

You can obtain this effect using the average frequency values of Get Spectrum node

On each Tick Event, take only the average values greater than the current maxAverageValue for each bar, update the bar objects, and apply a decay to all values to obtain the falling effect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190424-23_55_36Inicio.png Views:	2 Size:	213.1 KB ID:	1611782

Last edited by BYC; 04-24-2019, 06:11 PM.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Is it can calculate frequencies and amplitude only realtime? can it calculate if audio not playing, calculation in separate second? And another question: can it calculate frequencies and amplitudes in separate range?
                  Last edited by КомбоКоломбо; 05-05-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

You can obtain the analysis at specific time position using Set Playback Position + Get Amplitude / Get Spectrum nodes instead of a Play node.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190506-17_06_31Inicio.png Views:	1 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	1616069

To define a custom range of the frequency analysis yuo must use the Init Spectrum Config WLimits node instead of the Init Spectrum Config node.
                    You can set the low and high frecuency bound of the analysis bands. You only have two rules to make this list: sorted and no overlap.

So an example of valid bounds array:
                    0-10
                    11-40
                    80-100

And an example of invalid bounds array:

0-10
                    10-40 (overlap frequency 10Hz)

0-10
                    5-40 (overlap frequencies 5-10Hz)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190506-17_08_25Inicio.png Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	1616070

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Thanks a lot!!! It's Working

Comment

Hello! I want to say thank you for this plugin, its really usefull, but i have few questions.
                        First of all, what does 'total bpm' returns? Most of the time it returns zero for me for each frequency (low, high and bass);
                        Second question is more about using this plugin plus music theory. How can i get total average bpm for whole track?

Comment

Each time you call GetBeatTrackingxxxx node the analysis is calculated for a window of time centered in the current playback time of the audio, this calculates the bpm value for the actual window (Current BPM). So, if you call it multiple times you obtain the bpm results of a lot of windows during the song.
                          The Total BPM counter returns the bpm value that occur most often during all the song. (The most repeated Current BPM value of all the windows).
                          If the song has too many "silences" for the analysis band then it can result it can increase the number of windows with a BPM value of 0, positioning the bpm-zero value as the most used by the song in that band.

You can calculate the Current BPM in different positions of the song and take the average, but in my oppinion the most repeated BPM is more exact than the average BPM.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

2019-05-17 v1.04

– Fixed special characters encoding of friendly device names, no more strange chars in audio device names.
                            audio_device_selection
                            – Added GetInputDeviceNames, this node returns a list with input devices.
                            – Renamed GetAudioDeviceNames to GetOutputAudioDeviceNames
                            – Added Loopback Input, now you can capture the audio directly from the system device. You can do the analysis from the audio played from other applications. Nodes added:
                              • Init Loopback Audio
                              • Inix Loopback Audio Ex
                              • Unload Loopback Audio

doc_loopback_init_bp
                              • Get Default Device Loopback Audio
                              • Set Default Device Loopback Audio

doc_loopback_init_bp_device
                              • Start Loopback
                              • Stop Loopback
                              • Is Loopback Capturing

doc_loopback_init_bp
                              • Get Loopback Capture Time

doc_loopback_controls_bp_time
                            More detailed info into Documentation page
                            – Added new Example project: Loopback Test

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Am I missing something obvious, in the example projects for AA where are the audio initializer parameters at? I don't understand how the AA_StarterProject picks up the sample.wav file. I'm trying to integrate the plugin into my project but I can't find the classes like Init Loopback Audio when searching for them, the plugin is enabled in the plugin viewer.

EDIT: Found the Init parameters in the UI_InputSelector blueprint, StartPlayback function. Viewing the graph you can find the sample.wav file mentioned there. In order to find the Init parameter functions you need to create a blueprint based off of the AA class at the bottom when expanding all classes.

https://www.parallelcube.com/content...nput_page.html

If you could make the documentation a bit more straightforward on how and where to initialize the classes that would be great. Having some documentation on your examples for how they're built would also be much appreciated.
                              Last edited by Vallamost; 05-27-2019, 04:56 PM. Reason: found answers

Comment

Sure, we have always wanted to modify the Projects section and fix the lack of documentation in the sample projects.
                                I'm not very happy with the Documentation page but work with doxygen is a pain.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Working...
                                X