[SUPPORT] AudioAnalyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] [SUPPORT] AudioAnalyzer

Click image for larger version  Name:	banner700store.png Views:	1 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	1573696

Audio Analyzer is a plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that allow you to visualize the waveform and frequency spectrum of an audio file in real-time. Also can detect the beats of any audio source in realtime by using frequency spectrum analysis (FFT).
    Can be used in your games or applications and make your games react to the music. It is really easy to configure.

Current features
    • Amplidute analysis
    • Frequency spectrum
    • Basic beat tracking
    • BPM tracking
    • Works with audio file, microphone and loopback input
    • Support cooked builds
    • Android Mobile friendly
    • Full source C++ included
    • Wav, mp3, ogg, flac supported
    • Loopback support (What-you-hear) (only Windows)
    Technical Details

See below documentation to a detailed explanation of the plugin integration and supported audio files.
    Number of Blueprints: 0
    Number of C++ Classes: 15
    Network Replicated: No

Supported Development Platforms:
    • Windows
    • Linux
    Supported Target Build Platforms:
    • Windows 64 bits
    • Android
    Supported Target Build Platforms:Documentation:
    API | Web | Changelog | Roadmap

Example Projects:
    Projects

Current version:

Videos

Marketplace
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Epicgameslogo.png Views:	1 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	1573697
    Last edited by BYC; 09-16-2019, 04:42 AM.

Audio Analyzer
    Web | Marketplace | Support

Can you confirm plz that this bug has no effect on this plugin on android platform? + how is the performance on android?

another question: can I get how player is loud from microphone?

To be honest , since ages i'm waiting for a plugin like this , i hope you clear all my worries by answering my questions if possible so I can buy it with confidence
    Last edited by Omar Vector; 01-21-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

This plugin uses the SDL2 library to capture and play audio, since this plugin uses an external audio system we don't have been affected by that issue.
      You can get the amplitude of the microphone input to know how loud is the sound.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Originally posted by BYC View Post
        This plugin uses the SDL2 library to capture and play audio, since this plugin uses an external audio system we don't have been affected by that issue.
        You can get the amplitude of the microphone input to know how loud is the sound.
        Mate, you dont know how awesome you are by providing this ,but u still didnt answer the performance question
        and any time range will you release it to support iOS too?

I'm asking bec, I'm going to deprecate a big part of my project to switch to your plugin, so I just want to make sure before jumping in

Comment

Well, the performance depends on what you want to draw on the mobile more than the analysis cost.

For example this 16x16 grid runs at 60 fps on a Mi4C

If you have any c++ performance test to run and compare I can pass the code by that test and give you the results.

IOS support still has no release date. At this moment we have no hardware to build and test on IOS platform and we have no room for add more changes until April, so it will have to wait at least 2 months more.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Originally posted by BYC View Post
            Well, the performance depends on what you want to draw on the mobile more than the analysis cost.

For example this 16x16 grid runs at 60 fps on a Mi4C

If you have any c++ performance test to run and compare I can pass the code by that test and give you the results.

IOS support still has no release date. At this moment we have no hardware to build and test on IOS platform and we have no room for add more changes until April, so it will have to wait at least 2 months more.
            Awesome, I hope that in short time u get the hardware to build your plugin on iOS soon.

once I get the plugin and test in on my game, I will write a full review.

Have great day.

Comment

One last technical question and I'm done, is there a delay during microphone input analyses, or its real-time?

Comment

Its real-time.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Hello, I bought a plugin, installed to 4.21, downloaded your Example, right click on the project file and selected 4.21 as Engine, it asked to rebuild the project file, it created: .vs folder, Tester_AudioAnalyzer.sln file, I clicked on the project and opened it in 4.21, click Play and tested the project, seems okay, then I exported to Windows 64 build and it stuck for 5 hours, how long do you think it's going to take to finalize the package?

Upd: After 8 hours of waiting, I had to interrupt the build. Please help
                  Last edited by smbv1; 02-07-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

The package process only take some minutes.

Can you attach the build logs to see where is stuck?
                    and your system details?

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Hello, I was able to build it after a few attempts and restarts, cleaning the Saved/Intermediate folders it built well, but the thing is, it's building not from the first time of the project run, you have to close the project and open it again to build successfully.

Can you please help with some basic tutorial? For example: Take two music files to play .wav and add one Beat to Cube SCALE and another for Cube's material OPACITY and lets them play, but the sound from those two .wav should be muted. Because the third music file is going to be the main game soundtrack. How can I do it, please? I can't figure out yet with such simple demo. Thank you.

Comment

I just added an starter project to the marketplace page.

We will add multichannel support in the next update. For current version you need to make two instances of AudioManager and use each analysis output separately. You can synchronize the playback of both managers with our player nodes.

I have prepared a basic project using two .wav files. I'm using the spectrum frequency results of the beat tracking analysis, but you can mask the values using the Beat array result to only change on beat onset. The drum .wav file change the cube scale and the piano .wav file the opacity.

Project files

To mute the playback you can use SetPlaybackVolume and set Volume to 0
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20190207-19_53_29Inicio.png
Views:	44
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1582073

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Thank you so much for demo, it working perfectly!

Comment

Hey mate, great plugin. Got a bug for ya

When there is no audio output (i.e. when a computer has no speakers connected, the little windows speaker in the taskbar has a little red x), the plugin doesn't work. I realise this may be by design, or just a scenario not yet encountered. Could you please adjust it to make it work even when there is no audio output?

Steps to reproduce - open your sample project and run as normal, with speakers disconnected (ensuring the windows taskbar speaker icon has a little red x, indicating no connected audio outputs). The UI Input Selector blueprint will print "Player Error" to the screen.

Many thanks, keep up the good work > : )

Comment

At least you can use the mic input with no speakers :P

Without a Sound Device you can't interact with a sound file so I think the behavior is correct.

In a future release I want to add a node to feed audio raw data directly to the plugin so this can be a workaround to this issue.

Audio Analyzer

Comment

Working...
                              X