Trees and plants for Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
    Noticed you had talked with some people about moving it to regular billboards and such. Do you have a specific link to those directions or anything? I Will be needing some very dark nights in my game so emissives are not the best.
    We added a new section "F.A.Q". In the new section, we will publish answers to arising questions.
    Added answer to the question about dynamic lighting for billboards.
    >Our Assets, ArtStation, YouTube<

Comment

Hi, I am looking for a way to create large forests for a flight sim type of game on PC using 4.22, would you recommend this asset or your other asset Forest Trees Plants and Grass for Games ?

Player will also be able to walk around so decent quality at close distance would be better....

thanks

Fred

C++ BP Developer. working on Airland Helicopters, an helicopter rescue sim developed in Unreal https://www.helisimmer.com/airland

Comment

Originally posted by fred64 View Post
        Hi, I am looking for a way to create large forests for a flight sim type of game on PC using 4.22, would you recommend this asset or your other asset Forest Trees Plants and Grass for Games ?

Player will also be able to walk around so decent quality at close distance would be better....

thanks

Fred

Hello! "Forest Trees Plants and Grass for Games" does not contain top-view billboards and can be heavy for large forests. "Trees and plants for Mobile" includes good top-view billboards. They are great for large forests, backgrounds and are very simple. You can adjust the distance to load billboards with console commands. They look good near. But first of all, the content is focused on mobile devices. If you are satisfied with the visual quality close, I advise you to take "Trees and plants for Mobile". Check out all the screenshots and videos to see if it suits you or not.

Comment

So its hard to tell from pics , without seeing a character running around in a forest. But since these are geared for mobile , are they then not good looking enough for a pc game? I am working on a large open world game for pc, and could sure use the optimization , for larger forests, but I go for a more realistic look. Are these not good enough? your other tree assets , are they geared for pc? Are they optimized?

Comment

Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
            So its hard to tell from pics , without seeing a character running around in a forest. But since these are geared for mobile , are they then not good looking enough for a pc game? I am working on a large open world game for pc, and could sure use the optimization , for larger forests, but I go for a more realistic look. Are these not good enough? your other tree assets , are they geared for pc? Are they optimized?
            Hello! Mobile content is suitable for background and distant views on a PC. This may not be enough for close range on the PC. Our other content "Forest Trees Plants and Grass for Games" is created for high-end PCs, it has good visual quality, but is not optimized enough for large forests. In the future we are going to remake the content for the PC, providing a good optimization and visual quality, but we can’t name the specific dates right now. Unfortunately, we cannot advise now one of the contents for the PC.

Comment

Love your pack! I'm having an issue with the SM_Rock_01 and 02. When I package my Android project and push to my phone I get the error:

LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/Trees_and_plants_Mobile/Materials/M_MasterMaterial.M_MasterMaterial (MI:MI_1MasterInstances) for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.

I think because of that, whenever I try to touch the SM_Rock assets, they go black on me. Any idea what I can do to fix this? Is it just an incompatibility issue with my specific platform? I'm publishing for Android SDK 21.

Comment

Originally posted by CozyHeartPenguin View Post
                Love your pack! I'm having an issue with the SM_Rock_01 and 02. When I package my Android project and push to my phone I get the error:

LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/Trees_and_plants_Mobile/Materials/M_MasterMaterial.M_MasterMaterial (MI:MI_1MasterInstances) for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.

I think because of that, whenever I try to touch the SM_Rock assets, they go black on me. Any idea what I can do to fix this? Is it just an incompatibility issue with my specific platform? I'm publishing for Android SDK 21.
                Hello! Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the error. Please tell us the ue4 version you are using.
                What version of visual studio is installed if you are using it? If possible, please send to our mail the project or part of the project that contains the error for consideration.
                All models use the same material, this should not cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Motion View Post

Hello! Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the error. Please tell us the ue4 version you are using.
                  What version of visual studio is installed if you are using it? If possible, please send to our mail the project or part of the project that contains the error for consideration.
                  All models use the same material, this should not cause problems.
                  Before getting it all together I wanted to double check I hadn't done something wrong, so I did a fresh install of your package. Works like a charm now...I must have done something to the material at some point without realizing it. Thanks for the fast response though either way.

I'm hoping you put together more mobile based nature packages, the ones you have right now have been perfect for my AR projects. Have a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by CozyHeartPenguin View Post

Before getting it all together I wanted to double check I hadn't done something wrong, so I did a fresh install of your package. Works like a charm now...I must have done something to the material at some point without realizing it. Thanks for the fast response though either way.

I'm hoping you put together more mobile based nature packages, the ones you have right now have been perfect for my AR projects. Have a good one!
                    We are glad that everything works!

Comment

could you do a short demo so I can see what they look like walking around them on pc. they look really good in pics , but its hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X