Parkour Movement System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello! I have messaged you through forum private message and also sent you an email. I love your work. Looking forward to your assistance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by alvarofer0020 View Post

Hey

Regarding the 2nd issue, this happens becouse by default, when performing an horizontal wall run the system takes your camera and "centers it " so if you are looking a certain distance away from the wall it corrects it, most of this logic is handled in the UpdateHorizontalWallRun function, There you can disable / remove the camera changes ( let me know if you need more help with this )

Regarding your 1st issue this is due to the camera animations that are played for each move, you can open the BPC_ParkourMovement, go to the variables panel in the left and in each move category ( Horizontal Wall Run, Vertical wall run etc ) you can disable the camera animations there trough the bPlay(MoveNameHere)CameraAnim
    This was very appreciated that you provided support. You are First Class!
    Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Daffrendo View Post
    I have this pack is awesome. I am able to copy to other characters fine, but I am trying and cannot figure out some things.

I notice the BP_ExampleParkourCharacter always faces away from screen, like a First Person POV.

Now, in my project, I am using a 3rd Person default character, who can face all directions on-screen, just like the 3rd Person default character does.

But when I copy BP Parkour components to my 3rd Person default, it works and my character at first can do everything and face all directions, but these 2 things happen:

(1) when my 3rd Person default character performs a vault, it zooms in suddenly and then backs away, but I had no First Person Camera attached. I think it may be something with collision or tracing, or maybe it is a genuine visual glitch....but I am lost to fix it.

(2) when I do a horizontal wall run, then afterwards the 3rd Person default character now permanently looks towards center of screen like the BP_ExampleParkourCharacter. But when the session started it does not, which is what I want. So, I would like it to stay that way even after doing the horizontal wall run where I could continue to face all directions on screen.

I am trying to solve, these ones have me stumped.
    Would it be possible to describe a template for a character who can face in all directions, but without the (1) zoom-in on vault and without the (2) the permanent POV-lock after a horizontal wall run.

Thank you for your help!

Hey

Regarding the 2nd issue, this happens becouse by default, when performing an horizontal wall run the system takes your camera and "centers it " so if you are looking a certain distance away from the wall it corrects it, most of this logic is handled in the UpdateHorizontalWallRun function, There you can disable / remove the camera changes ( let me know if you need more help with this )

Regarding your 1st issue this is due to the camera animations that are played for each move, you can open the BPC_ParkourMovement, go to the variables panel in the left and in each move category ( Horizontal Wall Run, Vertical wall run etc ) you can disable the camera animations there trough the bPlay(MoveNameHere)CameraAnim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have this pack is awesome. I am able to copy to other characters fine, but I am trying and cannot figure out some things.

I notice the BP_ExampleParkourCharacter always faces away from screen, like a First Person POV.

Now, in my project, I am using a 3rd Person default character, who can face all directions on-screen, just like the 3rd Person default character does.

But when I copy BP Parkour components to my 3rd Person default, it works and my character at first can do everything and face all directions, but these 2 things happen:

(1) when my 3rd Person default character performs a vault, it zooms in suddenly and then backs away, but I had no First Person Camera attached. I think it may be something with collision or tracing, or maybe it is a genuine visual glitch....but I am lost to fix it.

(2) when I do a horizontal wall run, then afterwards the 3rd Person default character now permanently looks towards center of screen like the BP_ExampleParkourCharacter. But when the session started it does not, which is what I want. So, I would like it to stay that way even after doing the horizontal wall run where I could continue to face all directions on screen.

I am trying to solve, these ones have me stumped.
    Would it be possible to describe a template for a character who can face in all directions, but without the (1) zoom-in on vault and without the (2) the permanent POV-lock after a horizontal wall run.

Thank you for your help!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im tempted to purchase but is replication supported yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They arent in yet as most of my time has been taken by other projects, once the movement overhaul is complete ill update this tread and the changelog on the first page

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this update have the improvements you mentioned in the tweets?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lillbrorsan View Post
    Any idea when the update will be pushed?
    Would be nice to have the issues I mentioned before sorted
    The update is alredy submitted and live as of the 07-23 (You can also check the changelog on the first page )

The tracing fixes have also been submitted for UE4 4.20

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've not posted on here for a while - I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the updates. It's really useful for me

(I'd still love to have using ladders supported if you can!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any idea when the update will be pushed?
    Would be nice to have the issues I mentioned before sorted

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's live before I finish my project and it doesn't require a higher version than 4.22, I'll be first in line.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The update isnt live yet as currently me schelude is completely filled, As soon as i have some time ill fix the remaining issues and submit it ( as well as update this tread when i do so )

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by alvarofer0020 View Post
    The player also now ramps up his speed from 0 rather than going at full speed instantly and chaining moves together increases your momentum / velocity up to a max speed

https://twitter.com/alvarofer0020/st...13019937988608
    https://twitter.com/alvarofer0020/st...20029674934279
    https://twitter.com/alvarofer0020/st...98498021318657
    https://twitter.com/alvarofer0020/st...25688238362625

These videos are to the current version as an E3 gameplay demo is to actual gameplay. Is it live, and what UE version is it for? I would gladly redo the work I did under the hood if it can control like that out of the box.
    Last edited by Menelin; 09-10-2019, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AndreasG View Post
    Hi alvarofer0020,

I'm considering to buy your asset and have two questions before I can do that.

1) I read in the change log that you added animation placeholders which sounds great!
    Are there any special requirements for these kind of animations, or, do you know a suitable Animation Set that would work well with your system?

2) I also read here in this thread that network support should be possible but it would still need more work.
    So, is this a feature you are working on for a future update?

Ok, I have three questions, I guess.

3) Do you have a roadmap of potential new features you would like to add?

Thanks!
    Hey

I was actually provided with an animation set so im working on implementing these with the kit and of course uploading a tutorial / video on the setup

Networking support is planned but its not something im currently working on

There is no roadmap as of yet it is a good idea though. Currently my schelude is completely filled so i havent had much ( if any ) time to work on the parkour movement system, but in terms of updates and whats coming you can see my tweets above , in short i re-wrote all of the movement handling and velocity from scratch to make use of player-momentum (rather than artificially setting the player speed ) this has the added benefit of making moves feel much more natural and actually tied to the player speed (Also tweaking the existing camera animations and slide logic )

i.e if you start a wall run with a lot of momentum you can run longer on the wall before your momentum starts decreasing to the point where you fall off, same applies to wall climbing / vertical wall runs and such

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi alvarofer0020,

I'm considering to buy your asset and have two questions before I can do that.

1) I read in the change log that you added animation placeholders which sounds great!
    Are there any special requirements for these kind of animations, or, do you know a suitable Animation Set that would work well with your system?

2) I also read here in this thread that network support should be possible but it would still need more work.
    So, is this a feature you are working on for a future update?

Ok, I have three questions, I guess.

3) Do you have a roadmap of potential new features you would like to add?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X