No announcement yet.

Smoke and Flash Bang Grenades - Multiplayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.20 version is submitted and pending approval from Epic Games!

Comment

ok update, the smoke collision works like a charm now, even though your images wasn't working It was obvious what was to be moved. The flashbang still doesn't do the white flash effect, I removed files from vault cache and redownloaded made new project, closed it then added your asset to the project, but there was no change still no flash effect, the image is there but no white screen effect. Anyways I'm happy I got the smoke I was after too bad the collision requires it to be cpu particles but that's ok good ole fire and smoke just got to be on the cpu if you want lighting and/or collision -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Necro_ABK View Post
        ok update, the smoke collision works like a charm now, even though your images wasn't working It was obvious what was to be moved. The flashbang still doesn't do the white flash effect, I removed files from vault cache and redownloaded made new project, closed it then added your asset to the project, but there was no change still no flash effect, the image is there but no white screen effect. Anyways I'm happy I got the smoke I was after too bad the collision requires it to be cpu particles but that's ok good ole fire and smoke just got to be on the cpu if you want lighting and/or collision -_-
        Oh, I know the reason why flash bang effect doesn't work for you. Try to set post-processing settings (in Engine Scalability Settings) at least to High and all should work properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	highsettings.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1554081

Comment

4.20 version is supported now!

Comment

Mapel_DEV, 2018-11-25 12:51 am:

hey i finally have been able to buy it and guess what?, i find it truly amazing , 1 thing tho the white flash is bugging me a little; is it just like post processing stuff or a widget because i cant find either of those man i have made a system where a screencap is used then applied to the screen for like a superposition effect but i cant take out the screen whitening :/ so i mean can i remove it without destroying the effect duration setting when you spawn a flashbang? thank you in advance
            Hello, glad to hear that you like it!

If you want to disable white screen effect you should firstly open "GrenadesLibrary" blueprint:

Click image for larger version  Name:	GrenadesLibrary.JPG Views:	2 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	1555651

Then open "SetupFlashbangEffect" function:

Click image for larger version  Name:	function.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	1555653

And finally set "Max Brightness" value in "Set members in PostProcessSettings" node to 1 to completely disable white screen effect:

Click image for larger version  Name:	MaxBrightness.JPG Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	1555654
            Click image for larger version  Name:	finally.JPG Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	1555655

Also you can set "DirtMaskIntensity" to 0 if you want to disable that dirt mask texture.

Hope I've answered your question!
            Attached Files

Comment

Update is done and will be available to download soon!
              There are some bugs fixed and also new flashbang effect - FlashbangCaptureEffect implemented using ScreenCaptureComponent. Will try to add video demonstration shortly.

Comment

Update is already available to download via Epic Launcher!
                New flashbang effect video demonstration:

System tutorial was updated too.
                Last edited by TheFatCowStudio; 12-12-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hello, would you mind explaining all the logic behind the blind power calculation for me Thanks a lot.
                  TheFatCowStudio

Comment

Originally posted by RJS Jake View Post
                    Hello, would you mind explaining all the logic behind the blind power calculation for me Thanks a lot.
                    TheFatCowStudio
                    First of all we need two vectors: v1 = normalize(grenade position - character position) and v2 = character camera forward vector.
                    Let a = dot product of v1 and v2 vectors. Then -1 <= a <= 1 (because v1 and v2 are normalized). We can add 1 to this value and then multiply it by 0.5 to get some value between 0 and 1. And the more this value will be the more angle between character camera forward vector and (grenade - character) vector was (and the less blind effect should be).

Now we can interpolate this value using Lerp node where a = 0 and b = this value with FlashbangTimeline output as alpha (which is based on FlashbangCurve value) to get this fade out effect.
                    This is the basic of blind power calculation. Beside that, there is some extra math to determine obstacles between character and grenade.

Let me know if you need more detailed explanation!
                    Last edited by TheFatCowStudio; 12-13-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X