No announcement yet.

[Support] Easy Multi Save - All-in-one save game system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed I did, I will do more testing on this tomorrow and will have some feedback on how it goes. Thank you for your assistance so far.

Comment

Originally posted by WRKSGames View Post
      Indeed I did, I will do more testing on this tomorrow and will have some feedback on how it goes. Thank you for your assistance so far.
      No problem. The persistent save definitely works. Are you using the newest EMS version ?
      Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
      Easy Multi Save
      Mobile Touch Navigation
      Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Ok sorry for the delay, got distracted on other things. I can confirm that persistence is working perfectly and there is no issue with loading or saving now.

Comment

Now for the load of the player character from the saved game state, do I need to save the last known location into the persistence and then manually move him to that location or does the system remember where the character was?

Comment

Originally posted by WRKSGames View Post
            Now for the load of the player character from the saved game state, do I need to save the last known location into the persistence and then manually move him to that location or does the system remember where the character was?
            If you want to save the player as persistent, you will need to move him to a desired location manually when loading.

Marketplace Content
            Easy Multi Save
            Mobile Touch Navigation
            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hmm, I'm having an issue where saving a variable on an actor is working in editor, but in a built game it suddenly doesn't save.

Basically I'm spawning a gun on my player character that starts with a number of bullets, say 10 bullets.
              Then I shoot a couple of bullets and now have 5 left and save the game.
              When I load in editor it loads the gun back, with the correct number of bullets, 5 in the gun.
              But when I do the same in a packaged build, it loads the gun with a full magazine, 10 bullets, as if no bullets were shot.

I have the SaveGame variable checked on the ammo...

EDIT1: After some debugging I see that the Event Actor Loaded is only working in editor, and not in a packaged build, at least not on the spawned gun. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT2:
              It seems that in editor the EMS load happens after the gun is spawned in the players BeginPlay event. But in the packaged game the EMS load happens before the gun is spawned in the players BeginPlay, so the gun misses out on loading the variables.
              Last edited by Sleeper.; 12-19-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper. View Post
                Hmm, I'm having an issue where saving a variable on an actor is working in editor, but in a built game it suddenly doesn't save.

Basically I'm spawning a gun on my player character that starts with a number of bullets, say 10 bullets.
                Then I shoot a couple of bullets and now have 5 left and save the game.
                When I load in editor it loads the gun back, with the correct number of bullets, 5 in the gun.
                But when I do the same in a packaged build, it loads the gun with a full magazine, 10 bullets, as if no bullets were shot.

I have the SaveGame variable checked on the ammo...

EDIT1: After some debugging I see that the Event Actor Loaded is only working in editor, and not in a packaged build, at least not on the spawned gun. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT2:
                It seems that in editor the EMS load happens after the gun is spawned in the players BeginPlay event. But in the packaged game the EMS load happens before the gun is spawned in the players BeginPlay, so the gun misses out on loading the variables.
                This is really strange, never heard of that problem before. Did you also test it with other Actors ?

EDIT:
                I have just tested it again in a packaged game with spawning a simple Actor from the Level BP. ActorLoaded is called after BeginPlay in the editor and in the packaged game. If you want, you can send me a Link for your project to HegiDev@gmail.com . So i can check this myself and may be find the issue.
                Last edited by HEGI; 12-19-2019, 09:10 AM.

Marketplace Content
                Easy Multi Save
                Mobile Touch Navigation
                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hi All,

First of all, this is absolutely awesome and saved me a lot of headaches, so thanks so much!

Problem:
                  I've been trying to get this to work for iOS and it does not seem to save or load anything. I tried the follow everything that the documentation mentions, but still failed to manage getting a single variable saved and loaded in to the iOS app.

Is there something that I'm missing or this is not supported anymore?

It would be a huge help if someone could help me out with some directions what I might be missing.

Thank you all,
                  Best.

Comment

Originally posted by GregCA00 View Post
                    Hi All,

First of all, this is absolutely awesome and saved me a lot of headaches, so thanks so much!

Problem:
                    I've been trying to get this to work for iOS and it does not seem to save or load anything. I tried the follow everything that the documentation mentions, but still failed to manage getting a single variable saved and loaded in to the iOS app.

Is there something that I'm missing or this is not supported anymore?

It would be a huge help if someone could help me out with some directions what I might be missing.

Thank you all,
                    Best.
                    Thank you, happy to hear that EMS is helping.

It should definitely work on iOS. Did you try to package the plugin alongside the project ? The documentation has this covered under "Project Based Plugin".
                    I'am not sure how iOS handles this, but maybe the plugin is just disabled if it cannot be found. But everything works on the PC in a packaged project ?

Marketplace Content
                    Easy Multi Save
                    Mobile Touch Navigation
                    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hi,
                      First of all, it's a really good plugin and it gets the work done, but it has some issues.
                      1. "Get named save slot" function is not working correctly. No matter what name i put there it always returns the current save slot.
                      2. There is a lot of problems with persistent object when saving game to different save slot. For example, let say you start a new game and create a seed for the game. Since you want to be able to access it all the time, you save it to persistent object and everything is working as intended. Until you want to save the game to a different slot. So you call a function "Set current save slot"... and you just created a new persistent object so you can't access the data you had saved previously. So, unless I'm missing something, to save a data to your new persistent object you have to: save that data to something like a game instance, create new save slot, save that data to your new persistent object and then save that persistent object. It would be great if there was an option to save persistent object to game slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrann_ View Post
                        Hi,
                        First of all, it's a really good plugin and it gets the work done, but it has some issues.
                        1. "Get named save slot" function is not working correctly. No matter what name i put there it always returns the current save slot.
                        2. There is a lot of problems with persistent object when saving game to different save slot. For example, let say you start a new game and create a seed for the game. Since you want to be able to access it all the time, you save it to persistent object and everything is working as intended. Until you want to save the game to a different slot. So you call a function "Set current save slot"... and you just created a new persistent object so you can't access the data you had saved previously. So, unless I'm missing something, to save a data to your new persistent object you have to: save that data to something like a game instance, create new save slot, save that data to your new persistent object and then save that persistent object. It would be great if there was an option to save persistent object to game slot.

1. This is already fixed for the next version. Sorry that it currently does not work as intended. It was introduced in v1.08, new stuff sometimes has issues.

2. The Persistent Object is saved to the game slot. Each Slot has it's own persistent file called "MySaveGame_Persistent.sav" .
                        In your case, you can just access the previous data by calling "Set Current Save Slot" again and set the name to the previous slot. Then you call "Get Persistent Object" , cast to your custom one and access the data.

Marketplace Content
                        Easy Multi Save
                        Mobile Touch Navigation
                        Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post
                          The Persistent Object is saved to the game slot. Each Slot has it's own persistent file called "MySaveGame_Persistent.sav" .
                          In your case, you can just access the previous data by calling "Set Current Save Slot" again and set the name to the previous slot. Then you call "Get Persistent Object" , cast to your custom one and access the data.
                          I know that. I think you don't see the problem I'm talking about, so I"ll try to explain it more.
                          Lets say, you start a new game with save file "Save 1.1" which has his own persistent object. Then you save the game to different slot "Save 1.2" and load your persistent object from "Save 1.1". You can do that with no problem UNTIL you create a new game. You don't want to ruin the progress from your previous game so you start a new game with "Save 2.1" with the new persistent object. You create different save for the second game "Save 2.2".
                          Now if you want to load "Save 2.2" it doesn't have the data in persistent object. So now what do I do to access that data? I can't hard code "Save 1.1" to store all the data because it would ruin my previous play through. Do i have to create an algorithm to detect the name of my save file to open a specific persistent object? If i do that than the player can't create his own custom named save.

It would be much easier if there where nodes like "Save game actors to save slot" and "Save persistent object to save slot"

Comment

Originally posted by Wrann_ View Post

I know that. I think you don't see the problem I'm talking about, so I"ll try to explain it more.
                            Lets say, you start a new game with save file "Save 1.1" which has his own persistent object. Then you save the game to different slot "Save 1.2" and load your persistent object from "Save 1.1". You can do that with no problem UNTIL you create a new game. You don't want to ruin the progress from your previous game so you start a new game with "Save 2.1" with the new persistent object. You create different save for the second game "Save 2.2".
                            Now if you want to load "Save 2.2" it doesn't have the data in persistent object. So now what do I do to access that data? I can't hard code "Save 1.1" to store all the data because it would ruin my previous play through. Do i have to create an algorithm to detect the name of my save file to open a specific persistent object? If i do that than the player can't create his own custom named save.

It would be much easier if there where nodes like "Save game actors to save slot" and "Save persistent object to save slot"
                            Alright, i see what you mean. I'am sure that you are able to work around it. You would just need to temporary store the persistent data from the previous game and load it for the new one.
                            So this would be the only way to do it right now. Or you can use the LocalProfile save file to store progress that is independent of the slot.

Marketplace Content
                            Easy Multi Save
                            Mobile Touch Navigation
                            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

The plugin is loading too slow, or I don't know how to load the slots properly.

Whenever I want to load the slots in the beginning of the game, the begin play in actors play before the load of the slot and then I can't use the saved variables. What I have to do is put delays so the loading is done before I use the saved variables, any clue how to load it in before all the actors begin play?

Comment

Originally posted by gnome from wow View Post
                                The plugin is loading too slow, or I don't know how to load the slots properly.

Whenever I want to load the slots in the beginning of the game, the begin play in actors play before the load of the slot and then I can't use the saved variables. What I have to do is put delays so the loading is done before I use the saved variables, any clue how to load it in before all the actors begin play?
                                The loading is always done after begin play. For Actors, you should use the Actor Loaded Event. But you can load the persistent object or the local profile in begin play.
                                Check out the example project on how to automatically load the game at the beginning of a level.

Marketplace Content
                                Easy Multi Save
                                Mobile Touch Navigation
                                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X