Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huwatron3000 View Post
    Hi there!

I can't seem to get the saving of the persistent object to work, what I have screenshotted below always returns false:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1692525

I have set the persistent save game class in the plugin settings to my custom one, so can't figure out what else the issue could be.

If you need any more info let me know, thanks in advance.

Does the Save Persistent Object function return false ? Does the float variable have SaveGame checked and does it always return 0 when you restart the level and press 2 ?
    Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
    Easy Multi Save
    Mobile Touch Navigation
    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Tsvetkov View Post

Is it possible to remember the part of your deleted code in "EMS_Pickup.uasset", which referencing to "/Game/EasyMultiSaveContent/Blueprints/Other/EMS_PlayerOwnedActor"?
      Because I didn't find any reference to that path in this blueprint actor?
      I can't recall what kind of change was made to keep this reference around. It's a UE4 issue, since there is not reference to be found in the class.

Marketplace Content
      Easy Multi Save
      Mobile Touch Navigation
      Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post

Does the Save Persistent Object function return false ? Does the float variable have SaveGame checked and does it always return 0 when you restart the level and press 2 ?
        Yeah, the Save Persistent Object funtion is always returning false. The float variable definitely has SaveGame checked, and it always reurns 0 when I restart the level and press 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Huwatron3000 View Post

Yeah, the Save Persistent Object funtion is always returning false. The float variable definitely has SaveGame checked, and it always reurns 0 when I restart the level and press 2.
          It needs the Saved/SaveGames/ folder before Save Persistent returns true. There seems to be a problem with the folder structure, i'am currently investigating and fixing this! In the meantime, just call SaveGameActors(With one checked) or Save Local Profile before you call Save Persistent.

Edit: Saving only the persistent without anything else and without having the SaveGames folder already there, will be fixed in the next version!
          Last edited by HEGI; 12-03-2019, 08:10 AM.

Marketplace Content
          Easy Multi Save
          Mobile Touch Navigation
          Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Update 1.08 has been released on the Marketplace.
            • Saving just the Persistent Object alone now works properly
            • Added "Get Named Save Slot" function, where you can get specific slot data by name. This is useful if you want to get Date/Time for multiple slots etc.
            • Cleaned up code
            Last edited by HEGI; 12-04-2019, 01:26 PM.

Marketplace Content
            Easy Multi Save
            Mobile Touch Navigation
            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

So does this mean, that for UE 4.21 and below there's no fix for "Saving just the Persistent Object alone now works properly"?

For those versions, the plugin remains as 1.06 and I've made some tests and yeah it's still broken.
              You plan on making an update for these "older" engine versions? or we'll just have to use the "Save Game Actor" at least one time before trying to use the "Save Persistent Object"?

PS. Btw I can't stop loving this plugin (without taking that bug into account xD)

Regards.
              "sic parvis magna"
              @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
                So does this mean, that for UE 4.21 and below there's no fix for "Saving just the Persistent Object alone now works properly"?

For those versions, the plugin remains as 1.06 and I've made some tests and yeah it's still broken.
                You plan on making an update for these "older" engine versions? or we'll just have to use the "Save Game Actor" at least one time before trying to use the "Save Persistent Object"?

PS. Btw I can't stop loving this plugin (without taking that bug into account xD)

Regards.
                Yea, sorry. There won't be another update for engine versions below 4.22 . There was a fix in 1.07 that required 4.22, so i cannot roll back.

But thank you very much, i'am glad you like the plugin. I hope you find a way to upgrade. There are also quite a few other fixes for EMS that are useful. See the changelog in the Documentation.

Marketplace Content
                Easy Multi Save
                Mobile Touch Navigation
                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Ok, thanks!

By the way I'm making some testings right now. I added a "Save Game Actors" before adding the "Save Persistent Object".
                  Now in the compiled game, the folders are created correctly and I think the Persistent Object is saving correctly as the "_Persistent.sav" file has been created inside the folder. But unlike in the editor, the "Save Persistent Object" keeps returning false.

I added a check where if it's true it continues with the execution flow otherwise (from the false pin in the branch) I added an small delay and then try to check again to see if it returns true now. But to my surprise this works in the editor but not on the compiled version.

Is this behavior expected?
                  "sic parvis magna"
                  @Meguido

Comment

Ok, thanks!

By the way I'm making some testings right now. I added a "Save Game Actors" before adding the "Save Persistent Object".
                    Now in the compiled game, the folders are created correctly and I think the Persistent Object is saving correctly as the "_Persistent.sav" file has been created inside the folder. But unlike in the editor, the "Save Persistent Object" keeps returning false.

I added a check where if it's true it continues with the execution flow otherwise (from the false pin in the branch) I added an small delay and then try to check again to see if it returns true now. But to my surprise this works in the editor but not on the compiled version.

Is this behavior expected?
                    The problem in this version is, that the function does not create the folder tree, since the tree is different for packaged projects, the function behaves differently. But it's still strange, that it returns false, but creates the file anyway. Can you test this again by calling Save Game Actors before Save Persistent ?

Marketplace Content
                    Easy Multi Save
                    Mobile Touch Navigation
                    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Yeah, I retested it, and it was a mistake on my end.
                      I should learn that even if I'm in a hurry to compile and test, I should make sure to connect the "True" pin of the branch to the rest of the code, otherwise it will look like it's not working LOL

Thanks for your help!
                      "sic parvis magna"
                      @Meguido

Comment

Yeah, I retested it, and it was a mistake on my end.
                        I should learn that even if I'm in a hurry to compile and test, I should make sure to connect the "True" pin of the branch to the rest of the code, otherwise it will look like it's not working LOL

Thanks for your help!
                        No problem. Glad to help!

Marketplace Content
                        Easy Multi Save
                        Mobile Touch Navigation
                        Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Good afternoon!

i am using a persistant world and was wondering how to load the save game properly when the user comes back to a new game session. I have a CONTINUE button in the main menu that is trying to call the LOAD GAME ACTORS function. However, how does it know what streaming sub level to load? If I try to call that, the function never completes.

Comment

Originally posted by WRKSGames View Post
                            Good afternoon!

i am using a persistant world and was wondering how to load the save game properly when the user comes back to a new game session. I have a CONTINUE button in the main menu that is trying to call the LOAD GAME ACTORS function. However, how does it know what streaming sub level to load? If I try to call that, the function never completes.
                            You need to save the names of the streaming levels in the Persistent Save Object and then load them accordingly, before you call Load Game Actors.

Marketplace Content
                            Easy Multi Save
                            Mobile Touch Navigation
                            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Are we sure the Persistant Save object is saving? I am not seeing that save object in the folder and I cannot read the data I just saved in there when I come back.

Comment

Originally posted by WRKSGames View Post
                                Are we sure the Persistant Save object is saving? I am not seeing that save object in the folder and I cannot read the data I just saved in there when I come back.
                                It definitely is. Did you set your custom Persistent Save in the settings ?

Marketplace Content
                                Easy Multi Save
                                Mobile Touch Navigation
                                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X