Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Support] Easy Multi Save - All-in-one save game system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Thank you for a wonderful plugin.
    There is one thing I want you to tell me.
    I have set many variables in PlayerState.
    However, your plugin could not save those variables.
    Of course I did setup as exactly as described in QuickStart.
    Also, I confirmed that the variables set in PlayerController and GameState are saved correctly.

    If you have a way to save PlayerState variables, please let me know.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by dunterg View Post
      Thank you for a wonderful plugin.
      There is one thing I want you to tell me.
      I have set many variables in PlayerState.
      However, your plugin could not save those variables.
      Of course I did setup as exactly as described in QuickStart.
      Also, I confirmed that the variables set in PlayerController and GameState are saved correctly.

      If you have a way to save PlayerState variables, please let me know.
      Hello.

      There was indeed a small bug with loading the playerstate. I will submit a fix in the coming days. Sorry and many thanks for letting me know. I'am glad you like the plugin otherwise.


      EDIT: Update has been submitted. Will usually take a few days until Epic approves the update.
      Last edited by HEGI; 01-11-2019, 02:02 PM.
      Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

      Marketplace Content
      Easy Multi Save
      Mobile Touch Navigation

      Comment


        #18
        The 1.05 update is now live and playerstates do save/load as expected.
        Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

        Marketplace Content
        Easy Multi Save
        Mobile Touch Navigation

        Comment


          #19
          Got a problem using this plugin with allright rig plugin enabled, i get a lot of "Async task: Missing Function" on load / save / full reload and data used in some nodes of this plugin, seems there is a compatibility issues between allright rig and EMS

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Imaginalex View Post
            Got a problem using this plugin with allright rig plugin enabled, i get a lot of "Async task: Missing Function" on load / save / full reload and data used in some nodes of this plugin, seems there is a compatibility issues between allright rig and EMS
            Does it work when you just disable the alright-rig plugin, without doing anything else ?
            Could you send screenshots or a video to HegiDev@gmail.com ? I'am glad to help out on the issues and i'am sure we will get this solved.
            Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

            Marketplace Content
            Easy Multi Save
            Mobile Touch Navigation

            Comment


              #21
              in my game all variables are stored in a game instance.
              is it possibe to save and load all variables stored in it ?
              kind regards
              stucki
              www.ofpawnsandkings.de

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by stucki View Post
                in my game all variables are stored in a game instance.
                is it possibe to save and load all variables stored in it ?
                kind regards
                stucki
                Saving the Game Instance directly is currently not supported by EMS, there were some issues with multiplayer, so the feature has been disabled for now until there is a complete solution.

                EMS saves Game Mode, Game State, Level BP and all placed/Spawned Actors. But you can still easily save those variables for your Instance.
                You can just use the EMS Persistent Save Game to store variables that need to be available everywhere and then use them in your Instance.
                And you have control if your variables should be overridden when loading a new level. Another option is to use persistent game mode / state.

                I hope that helps.

                Best Regards
                Michael
                Last edited by HEGI; 06-09-2019, 05:56 PM.
                Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

                Marketplace Content
                Easy Multi Save
                Mobile Touch Navigation

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by HEGI View Post

                  Does it work when you just disable the alright-rig plugin, without doing anything else ?
                  Could you send screenshots or a video to HegiDev@gmail.com ? I'am glad to help out on the issues and i'am sure we will get this solved.
                  Yeah it does work only when Allright Rig plugin is disabled it goes back to "normal" and you can use it again.

                  I'm going to send you a screenshot of the errors right now.

                  ----------------------------------------------
                  Ok so i tried to recreate and refresh the nodes one or two times, it works for 3/4 of the functionnalities, some are still broken even going through all the blueprints and actualizing / refreshing, using print strings as a multimeter to try to catch where it works where it doesn't, you know, the empyrean way of checking stuff, and sometimes i would completely recreate and call functions from the library again and setting them up as they were before in the blueprint, it works in a clunky way and only for the active session, because even if you "repair" some of it, when you launch the editor with allright rig plugin still active, all these errors pop back up and mess the nodes again (My guess is that some c++ libraries or names might be the same between these plugins ? ) :
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Imaginalex; 06-10-2019, 03:36 AM.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Imaginalex View Post

                    Yeah it does work only when Allright Rig plugin is disabled it goes back to "normal" and you can use it again.

                    I'm going to send you a screenshot of the errors right now.

                    ----------------------------------------------
                    Ok so i tried to recreate and refresh the nodes one or two times, it works for 3/4 of the functionnalities, some are still broken even going through all the blueprints and actualizing / refreshing, using print strings as a multimeter to try to catch where it works where it doesn't, you know, the empyrean way of checking stuff, and sometimes i would completely recreate and call functions from the library again and setting them up as they were before in the blueprint, it works in a clunky way and only for the active session, because even if you "repair" some of it, when you launch the editor with allright rig plugin still active, all these errors pop back up and mess the nodes again (My guess is that some c++ libraries or names might be the same between these plugins ? ) :

                    I will investigate this. Most importantly, try to create a new, empty project with UE 4.22 and enable both plugins, then use one of the EMS functions and see if you still get errors. Just to make sure, this is related to the plugins at all.

                    Edit: I have done some tests now with Alright Rig + EMS enabled. I did not see any errors so far.
                    Last edited by HEGI; 06-10-2019, 09:52 AM.
                    Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

                    Marketplace Content
                    Easy Multi Save
                    Mobile Touch Navigation

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Imaginalex View Post
                      Yeah it does work only when Allright Rig plugin is disabled it goes back to "normal" and you can use it again.
                      Here is a little video, showing EMS working as intented in the Alright Rig example level. Both plugins are enabled. Tested with UE 4.20, 21, 22 .
                      I did not see any error messages so far and everything works as you would expect it to.

                      Last edited by HEGI; 06-10-2019, 10:13 AM.
                      Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

                      Marketplace Content
                      Easy Multi Save
                      Mobile Touch Navigation

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X