Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatixl View Post
    Hi,

What would be the best way to duplicate a save into a different save slot? From what I can tell I will need to copy all the save data, set a new save slot, then copy all the data onto the persistent object/actors and save that slot. Is there an easier way?

Thanks
    The saved Actors are bound the slot, which is bound to the level. It's not really possible otherwise, because of the Actors transforms.
    It depends on what exactly you want to do. If you want to switch levels and then save and load the state for each level, you can do this:

Use one specific slot for persistent player and persistent save, which is not bound to any level. And then use a slot for each level, where you store only the data for that specific level.
    Whenever you switch levels, you also switch the slot. You would just need to call LoadGameActors mulitple times, for player and level seperately.

Maybe you can provide some more details on what you are trying to do.

Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
    Easy Multi Save
    Mobile Touch Navigation
    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Price? Licensing information? Can we use it on a commercial game product?
      Thank you!
      Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne Andlau View Post
        Price? Licensing information? Can we use it on a commercial game product?
        Thank you!
        Looks awesome!
        Sure. For EMS the sames rules apply as for every other marketplace product. You can use it in your projects as you like!
        Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
        Easy Multi Save
        Mobile Touch Navigation
        Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post

Sure. For EMS the sames rules apply as for every other marketplace product. You can use it in your projects as you like!
          Thank you very much.
          I am about to try it today or tomorrow really looking forward to it.
          I think you filled a great need :-)

Comment

Working...
          X