[Support] Easy Multi Save - All-in-one save game system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_tubby1 View Post

I have attempted this but I will give it another shot. Where is the best place to load the struct information? Within the player controller or the Game mode?
    The persistent save can be accessed from everywhere. You can just use it inside the character blueprint.
    Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
    Easy Multi Save
    Mobile Touch Navigation
    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post

The persistent save can be accessed from everywhere. You can just use it inside the character blueprint.
      ok, as far as I can tell I have successfully done that. However, now when I enter the level through a doorway, it loads on "Restart Player" meaning my saved location comes into action and it moves my player there instead of using my player start system.

How can I Change it to only load these locations and such when I use the menu and not on the player validation?

Comment

ok, as far as I can tell I have successfully done that. However, now when I enter the level through a doorway, it loads on "Restart Player" meaning my saved location comes into action and it moves my player there instead of using my player start system.

How can I Change it to only load these locations and such when I use the menu and not on the player validation?
        In this case, you would just to check if the player is in the menu level or in the game level.

Marketplace Content
        Easy Multi Save
        Mobile Touch Navigation
        Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

In this case, you would just to check if the player is in the menu level or in the game level.
          After a 4 day battle, I think I have it done. Just one thing left and thats dealing with persistent level actors. I can save the game and load it and an actor will save its position etc. as it should.

But how do I save its position and load it properly with my doorway. every time I re-enter the main level, the actors I moved are back to their default position. I have tried "Save Game Actors"(Level Flag checked) and "load Game actors" (Level Flag checked) in the level blueprint, in the actor blueprint and in the game mode. It only saves the location and stuff when I save the game entirely.

Comment

After a 4 day battle, I think I have it done. Just one thing left and thats dealing with persistent level actors. I can save the game and load it and an actor will save its position etc. as it should.

But how do I save its position and load it properly with my doorway. every time I re-enter the main level, the actors I moved are back to their default position. I have tried "Save Game Actors"(Level Flag checked) and "load Game actors" (Level Flag checked) in the level blueprint, in the actor blueprint and in the game mode. It only saves the location and stuff when I save the game entirely.
            Try checking "Full Reload" when you call Load Game Actors.

Marketplace Content
            Easy Multi Save
            Mobile Touch Navigation
            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Try checking "Full Reload" when you call Load Game Actors.
              Didn't seem to work. When I enter the doorway I am only saving the level actors and persistence. Maybe that's the problem? Since, Lets call it actor 1, is in the main level, the game saves the level actors when i enter the doorway. Then I also save the level actors in the other level where Actor 1 doesn't exist, overwriting the previous level actor save. So back in the main level it has no recollection of Actor 1's location other than default.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense XD

Comment

Didn't seem to work. When I enter the doorway I am only saving the level actors and persistence. Maybe that's the problem? Since, Lets call it actor 1, is in the main level, the game saves the level actors when i enter the doorway. Then I also save the level actors in the other level where Actor 1 doesn't exist, overwriting the previous level actor save. So back in the main level it has no recollection of Actor 1's location other than default.
                EMS will overwrite all previous save data. If you enter the doorway, you could use level streaming and then just save all level Actors that are loaded and visible.
                I would have to take a direct look at your Blueprints to truly understand what you are trying to do.

Marketplace Content
                Easy Multi Save
                Mobile Touch Navigation
                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

EMS will overwrite all previous save data. If you enter the doorway, you could use level streaming and then just save all level Actors that are loaded and visible.
                  I would have to take a direct look at your Blueprints to truly understand what you are trying to do.
                  Thanks, Level streaming would have been an easy solution for all of this but I wanted to use different levels for more control of each level. Yeh I realize it's difficult without much visual. But not to worry.

I think I may have done it. I created a temporary save specific for the level actors in my level blueprint. i save every actor to it when I enter the doorway using dispatchers. Every time I enter the doorway it switches to the temporary save, saves the level actors, then sets back to my regular save. This means I can use a save slot per level. If that's a bad idea let me know but it works.

will likely be back when I hit another game breaking issue relevant to EMS but until then, thanks for responding so regularly and being patient with me. Keep up the good content

Comment

will likely be back when I hit another game breaking issue relevant to EMS but until then, thanks for responding so regularly and being patient with me. Keep up the good content
                    No problem. I'am glad to help!

Marketplace Content
                    Easy Multi Save
                    Mobile Touch Navigation
                    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                    X