X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah okay thank you very much

Comment

Hello sorry for my bad english.

I have a question, I added "EMS Save Interface" in AI Character, but only the location is saved, when AI dies it is not maintained that it has died.
      I get an error related to making a Save Game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34344.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1722221

Comment

Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post
        Hello sorry for my bad english.

I have a question, I added "EMS Save Interface" in AI Character, but only the location is saved, when AI dies it is not maintained that it has died.
        I get an error related to making a Save Game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34344.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1722221
        As for the AI, you will need to save a bool variable and then restore the death state on the Actor Loaded Event.

The error is most likely because your character does not have a thumbnail capture component(SceneCapture2D) .

I hope this helps!
        Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
        Easy Multi Save
        Mobile Touch Navigation
        Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great addon

It's working great, but I have some inconsitancies with Map variables that have Structs as Values in blueprint (in UE 4.22.3) the keys save / load just fine but the values of the Map are not always saving it seems. The struct is just a collection of float & linear color variables for setting materials.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Helskor View Post
            Hi,

First of all thanks for the great addon

It's working great, but I have some inconsitancies with Map variables that have Structs as Values in blueprint (in UE 4.22.3) the keys save / load just fine but the values of the Map are not always saving it seems. The struct is just a collection of float & linear color variables for setting materials.

Any help would be great, thanks!
            Thanks!

Currently Maps(Tmap type) are not supported, only normal structs. I will try to add support for this in a future version.

Marketplace Content
            Easy Multi Save
            Mobile Touch Navigation
            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post

Thanks!

Currently Maps(Tmap type) are not supported, only normal structs. I will try to add support for this in a future version.
              Aha! Thanks, good to know

Comment

Another question;

"LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Object None.None'" comes up when I load from a save in the engine log output.
                I've narrow it down to some child actor components on my player's character, they load just fine (even their savedata) though
                Could this be related to the interface "Components to Save" (I added them to it)?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Helskor View Post
                  Another question;

LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Object None.None' comes up when I load from a save in the engine log output.
                  I've narrow it down to some child actor components on my player's character, they load just fine (even their savedata) though
                  Could this be related to the interface "Components to Save" (I added them to it)?

Thanks again!
                  No problem!

The components should not have the interface. This may cause the log error.

Marketplace Content
                  Easy Multi Save
                  Mobile Touch Navigation
                  Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hello there , i tried implementing this plug in into my project but it seems the load functionality only works if i have the same level open , so if i try to load from another level it won't open that level with the saved data , is this me misusing the plug in or is this how it's intended to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimatelegend18 View Post
                      Hello there , i tried implementing this plug in into my project but it seems the load functionality only works if i have the same level open , so if i try to load from another level it won't open that level with the saved data , is this me misusing the plug in or is this how it's intended to work?
                      You call Open Level and then Load Game Actors. You can use the LevelName from the Get Slot Info node to open the last saved level.
                      I hope this helps!

Marketplace Content
                      Easy Multi Save
                      Mobile Touch Navigation
                      Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post

You call Open Level and then Load Game Actors. You can use the LevelName from the Get Slot Info node to open the last saved level.
                        I hope this helps!
                        Yes i have figured that much out thank you , but where would i call the load actors? Inside the level blueprint or inside the player?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimatelegend18 View Post

Yes i have figured that much out thank you , but where would i call the load actors? Inside the level blueprint or inside the player?
                          Calling it from GameMode or PlayerController is usually fine.

Marketplace Content
                          Easy Multi Save
                          Mobile Touch Navigation
                          Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

I'm having trouble with opening a level. I am saving the game and loading it without opening any levels and everything saves so that is good. The issue arises when I attempt to open the level and then load everything. The level opens but my variables dont save. What's the trick to getting this to work?

Comment

Originally posted by the_tubby1 View Post
                              I'm having trouble with opening a level. I am saving the game and loading it without opening any levels and everything saves so that is good. The issue arises when I attempt to open the level and then load everything. The level opens but my variables dont save. What's the trick to getting this to work?
                              You need to check "Level Actors" in the Save/Load Game Actors functions. All Actors that you want to save need the EMS Save Interface added.

Marketplace Content
                              Easy Multi Save
                              Mobile Touch Navigation
                              Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hi and thanks for EMS, it's utterly useful!
                                I noticed that Load/Save operations are held suspended if the game is paused (SetGamePaused)... which I think it should not happen (?!)

Thanks for any info!

Comment

Working...
                                X