[Support] Easy Multi Save - All-in-one save game system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] [Support] Easy Multi Save - All-in-one save game system

Click image for larger version  Name:	Featured.png Views:	1 Size:	441.8 KB ID:	1544322

Hello,

My Plugin Easy Multi Save has been released.

Marketplace Link

The core idea was to make the most easy and convenient solution for saving complex game data in UE4.
    Here is a video demo that shows off a few things of what EMS can do.

You can also read the documentation here.
    Link to Documentation

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
    Last edited by HEGI; 10-30-2018, 05:35 PM.
    Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
    Easy Multi Save
    Mobile Touch Navigation
    Retro 3D Toolkit

Easy Multi Save is now live on the marketplace.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...asy-multi-save

Marketplace Content
    Easy Multi Save
    Mobile Touch Navigation
    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Well, I just cannot figure out how to save simple behaviors of my BP actors. For example, I have a BP actor that would change colors as the character approach and get away from it. I added the actor to one of the sample project levels. I saved the game. Then when I loaded the game, I noticed the color of the object was still the color when game began, not the one when I saved the game.

Comment

I also have a BP of a build system that I am desperate to save the building results. After I manipulated the BP actors in game (change size, location, color, etc), I could not save the results and loaded games began with default conditions of these actors.

Comment

Originally posted by fangchampaign View Post
          I also have a BP of a build system that I am desperate to save the building results. After I manipulated the BP actors in game (change size, location, color, etc), I could not save the results and loaded games began with default conditions of these actors.
          Originally posted by fangchampaign View Post
          Well, I just cannot figure out how to save simple behaviors of my BP actors. For example, I have a BP actor that would change colors as the character approach and get away from it. I added the actor to one of the sample project levels. I saved the game. Then when I loaded the game, I noticed the color of the object was still the color when game began, not the one when I saved the game.
          Do the actors have the EMS Save Interface added and the variables have the Save Game flag checked ?

The quick start chapter of the Documentation has this covered.
          Last edited by HEGI; 11-03-2018, 08:08 PM.

Marketplace Content
          Easy Multi Save
          Mobile Touch Navigation
          Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPlasmaPulse
            4.19-4.20 has a build error under your project as I was unable to package the game.
            I uninstalled VS 2015, VS 2017, and re-installed plugin in marketplace while still receiving the same error.

It should definitely work, if you build the plugin by yourself from the project folder. Not sure why exactly it does not work with the plugin build by Epic, but i will investigate the issue.

EDIT: New version has been submitted that should fix the packaging error. Should be available within the next 24 hours.
            Last edited by HEGI; 11-05-2018, 09:28 AM.

Marketplace Content
            Easy Multi Save
            Mobile Touch Navigation
            Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

I have deleted my reply as for both of the following:

1. I never knew when my comment would show up and finally see now that it does.
              2. I don't know if it was an error on my side or the Easy Multi Save, it's now packaging.

Please disregard as perhaps it was still something on my side. I made sure to ask after reading your documentation extensively as well as blueprint analysis in your example project. I also appreciate you responding as I was waiting for a moderator to approve my comment.

I will definitely let you know via PM upon receiving the new version.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPlasmaPulse View Post
                I have deleted my reply as for both of the following:

1. I never knew when my comment would show up and finally see now that it does.
                2. I don't know if it was an error on my side or the Easy Multi Save, it's now packaging.

Please disregard as perhaps it was still something on my side. I made sure to ask after reading your documentation extensively as well as blueprint analysis in your example project. I also appreciate you responding as I was waiting for a moderator to approve my comment.

I will definitely let you know via PM upon receiving the new version.

Thank you!
                Good to hear it works now.

Marketplace Content
                Easy Multi Save
                Mobile Touch Navigation
                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Update 1.03 is live. Packaging a project now works as expected.

Marketplace Content
                  Easy Multi Save
                  Mobile Touch Navigation
                  Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

EMS has been updated to work with UE 4.21.

Marketplace Content
                    Easy Multi Save
                    Mobile Touch Navigation
                    Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

The example project has been updated with new content, including save/load different possessed pawns, which is also really useful if you have vehicles in your project.

Marketplace Content
                      Easy Multi Save
                      Mobile Touch Navigation
                      Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Would I be able to use it with UE4 built from source (Oculus fork of UE4) ?

Also wondering if you tested saving on Android to see if smooth and seamless checkpoint saving / loading is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                          Would I be able to use it with UE4 built from source (Oculus fork of UE4) ?

Also wondering if you tested saving on Android to see if smooth and seamless checkpoint saving / loading is possible.
                          As long as it's at least UE 4.19, it will work.
                          Yes, for Android it depends on the power of the device and the amount of data you want to save, otherwise it's not much different from the other platforms.
                          Android has Multi-Threading, so it should definitely work on most devices to save huge amounts of data. EMS is also really really fast without Multi-Threading, though. And it also supports deferred loading of Actors.
                          Last edited by HEGI; 11-22-2018, 06:54 AM.

Marketplace Content
                          Easy Multi Save
                          Mobile Touch Navigation
                          Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Hi,

Just bought the plugin, and i am testing it on my real-time tactics game.

The way I want the load/save behavior to be is an immediate (as fast as possible) load of the game exactly the way it was when it was saved, Including the camera.
                            I added the interface to all the relevant classes, and set all the variables to SaveGame = True, i also added all components to ComponentToSave.

I currently have 3 things that don't seem the work.

1. If i pause the game after SaveGameActors start, but before SaveGameActors complete I will never reach complete. Same thing for LoadGaveActors(I am doing it to show a screen widget while the game is saving/loading).

2 . I save the game when I have an actor that is attached to another actor, however after loading, the child actor doesn't return to be attached to the parent actor it was attached to when the game was saved. both actors implement the EMS Save Interface.

3 . I have a timeline that upon loading doesn't return to the time when it was saved, even though i added the timeline as a component to ComponentToSave.

Any suggestion on how to fix this, or implement it properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Guyba7 View Post
                              Hi,

Just bought the plugin, and i am testing it on my real-time tactics game.

The way I want the load/save behavior to be is an immediate (as fast as possible) load of the game exactly the way it was when it was saved, Including the camera.
                              I added the interface to all the relevant classes, and set all the variables to SaveGame = True, i also added all components to ComponentToSave.

I currently have 3 things that don't seem the work.

1. If i pause the game after SaveGameActors start, but before SaveGameActors complete I will never reach complete. Same thing for LoadGaveActors(I am doing it to show a screen widget while the game is saving/loading).

2 . I save the game when I have an actor that is attached to another actor, however after loading, the child actor doesn't return to be attached to the parent actor it was attached to when the game was saved. both actors implement the EMS Save Interface.

3 . I have a timeline that upon loading doesn't return to the time when it was saved, even though i added the timeline as a component to ComponentToSave.

Any suggestion on how to fix this, or implement it properly?

Thanks for buying the Plugin.

1. Are you using Multi-Thread saving ? This should theoretically work during pause. Loading cannot be done during pause, because UE4 always needs to update Actors on the main game thread, while the game is running. Otherwise i suggest this blueprint flow: unpause -> save actors / show widget and wait till complete -> pause again.

2. Attachments are not automatically saved(just Transforms), you will just need to call your attachment function again on the Actor Loaded event of the Child Actor.

3. Timelines cannot be saved as components, you can just save a float variable with the current timeline position and then use Set Playback Position for the timeline on the Actor Loaded event. You can also use a struct for example to save additional timeline data, like playrate, looping etc.

I hope this helps!

Marketplace Content
                              Easy Multi Save
                              Mobile Touch Navigation
                              Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                              X