Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grapple Component (Synchronized Animation Between Characters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonVD View Post
    I'm always open to offers from creators willing to sell some animation assets that can be used in the project. Feel free to send me a private private message in case you are interested!
    Here are these new hand to hand combat finisher animations on the marketplace:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...volume/reviews

Comment

Hi Everybody

Thank you for your continued interest. While implementing the feedback I received from testers, it turned out that a lot of things still had to be done. Many of those things had to do with cleaning up the project and making it more comprehensible for users.

Based on the to-do list i drafted for myself, i would expect to be done around august.

I would once like to apologise for the delay. I really want the Grapple Component to be of sufficient quality before making it available on the Marketplace.

As some people have suggested, I have been thinking about releasing an early build of the project for those who are interested. Getting some users involved early could improve the quality of the final product. Some sort of pre-release build could especcialy be interesting because most of the functionality is there, but it would involve a lot of reverse engineering for users, because the documentation is very rudimentary in its current state. Publishing a WIP-build seems like a fair thing to do, because I originally expected the project to be ready much earlier.

Kind regards
      Jonathan

Comment

Great to know you are taking your time on it. If I can help with feedback I would be glad to help

Comment

Certainly eager to get a look myself. Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

Thanks for the update John! Looking forward to your hard work!

Comment

I would also like to say thank you - I'll buy it as soon as it comes out!

Comment

My heart longs for this to be completed for all the reasons you've listed. It's nice to look at Sekiro or the Smash Bros grapples and think "oh they're just playing animations!" But there is so much more going on.

Comment

This looks fantastic would love to see if this could be integrated into combat systems like AFC https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-rpg-creator or possibly Ultimate Character https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...mate-character this system is everything both those systems lack and would be a great addition to either one of those systems.

Comment

I. Cannot. Wait. For. This! Take all of my money.

Comment

As an avid creative person and practitioner of martial arts, this brings me one step closer to all of the things that hollywood and video games are missing. Intricate grappling + striking. Allows for much more controller depth and skill ceiling. Can't wait to see what can be achieved with it. Awesome work.

Comment

Any updates

Comment

Originally posted by JonVD View Post
                          Hi Everybody

Thank you for your continued interest. While implementing the feedback I received from testers, it turned out that a lot of things still had to be done. Many of those things had to do with cleaning up the project and making it more comprehensible for users.

Based on the to-do list i drafted for myself, i would expect to be done around august.

I would once like to apologise for the delay. I really want the Grapple Component to be of sufficient quality before making it available on the Marketplace.

As some people have suggested, I have been thinking about releasing an early build of the project for those who are interested. Getting some users involved early could improve the quality of the final product. Some sort of pre-release build could especcialy be interesting because most of the functionality is there, but it would involve a lot of reverse engineering for users, because the documentation is very rudimentary in its current state. Publishing a WIP-build seems like a fair thing to do, because I originally expected the project to be ready much earlier.

Kind regards
                          Jonathan
                          Hey JonVD.. Was wondering if you put this out anywhere or if you're willing to opensource it if you lost interest in it? Hope you're doing well

Comment

Would also love an update. It's been 2 years since I first posted interest and I still would definitely love to see it come out.

Comment

Hi everybody

Once again, thank you all for your continued support. I am still working on the project on a daily basis. While I realize that many of you might find it frustrating that the project takes this long to develop, I want to release the project in the most usable state possible. Especially some aspects related to networking and replication have needed a lot of fine tuning.

You can find a summary of the completed and remaining tasks below.

DONE
                              • Sequence Camera
                              • Input
                              • BeginPlay Setup
                              • Tick Events
                              • Animation Matching
                              • Animation
                              • Blendspace Animation
                              • Animation Matching
                              • Movement
                              • Grapple Attempt
                              • Enter/Exit Grapple Seuqence
                              • Damage
                              • State Tags and State Tag Manager
                              • 'Change Mesh' functionality
                              • Scene Collision Actor
                              • Repositioning
                              • Debug Settings
                              • Fede Objects
                              • Object Conversion Blueprint
                              • Replication
                              TO DO (these features are mostly done, but need some work to be sufficiently polished)
                              • Finishing up the Character Push Component
                              • Finishing up the sample content
                              • Quick Reference (Toturial) Object
                              • Finishing up Documentation
                              • Publication / Marketing Material
                              CANCELLED
                              • Creating Additional Sample Content

In the attachment of this post, you can find the current version of the Documentation for the Grapple Component ( Documentation.pdf ). It might provide some context for the concepts i mentioned above.

The project should be done in September or October, but I cannot make any promises as to a concrete deadline. Keep in mind that the approval proccess of the Marketplace will also take the time, given the scope of the project. If anything were to go wrong and the Project does not end up on the Marketplace, it will be made available to the communityn in another way.

Kind regards
                              Jonathan

Comment

Thanks for the update Jon! Keep up the great work. All my money is ready for you when it's released.

Comment

Working...
                                X