Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grapple Component (Synchronized Animation Between Characters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    Are you still working on it? I'm really interested with this plugin if it's going to have multiplayer support.
    Hi Emrehan, thank you for your interest. I'm still working on the project , which is making good progress. The Grapple Component will indeed support multiplayer.

Comment

Hello JonVD, any updates on the Grapple Component's progress thus far?

Comment

Same here any update so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Chip128434 View Post
          Hello JonVD, any updates on the Grapple Component's progress thus far?
          Originally posted by JonathanTewnes View Post
          Same here any update so far?

Hi there

The project is making good progress. I am currently in the process of finalizing some features and preparing the example content to show off the project's functionality. Making animations takes a fairly large amount of time, as it is not the main focus of the project.

I edited the first post with some more visual examples in case you are interested. I hope to send in a first version for review by Epic Games by the end of the year.

Kind regards
          JonVD

Comment

Thank you for the update, it's looking great so far! Especially the grapple to firemans carry which is exactly the sorta thing I need. Can't wait to see it on the marketplace.

Comment

Hi JonVD, love the idea of this component! Is the first version still on track to hit the marketplace by the end of the year? Could really use it on the project I'm currently working on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mewthree View Post
                Hi JonVD, love the idea of this component! Is the first version still on track to hit the marketplace by the end of the year? Could really use it on the project I'm currently working on.
                Hi there, my goal would be to send a version in for approval around the end of the year, so I expect it to only appear on the Marketplace by 2020. Most of the Component's functionality is done, but there is still work to be done on showing users how to use it. The main bottleneck is creating animations to demonstrate/test the functionality of the Component, as I am personally not an animator.

Comment

I'm always open to offers from creators willing to sell some animation assets that can be used in the project. Feel free to send me a private private message in case you are interested!

Comment

Hi JonVD, what's your progress on the component? Any news on its approval?

Comment

Originally posted by Chip128434 View Post
                      Hi JonVD, what's your progress on the component? Any news on its approval?
                      Hi there

Because the project has increased quite a bit in size, I decided to submit it to some user testing before sending it over to Epic Games. I am now working on implementing the feedback I received from said tests and will make an official submission as soon as possible.

My apoligies for the additional delay, but I want to make sure the Grapple Component is ready before sending it out to the public. I will keep you posted with further updates.

Kind regards
                      Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                      X