Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] [SUPPORT] Public Hallway Pack

Hey Guys,

I just released my second asset pack. It's a modular kit and prop pack that I hope can work with a wide variety of projects.

Public Hallway Pack

I'm always looking for feedback, bug reports and suggestions for improvement. I'll post updates and bug fixes here.

Please post your support questions here.

VIDEO SHOWCASE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ian80; 09-05-2018, 09:55 AM.

It's common practice to have a snapshot that shows all the assets lined up next to each other in rows, so a buyer can see exactly what they are getting. It's often not easy to determine what separate and what's connected when they are presented only in a scene. Could you do that ?

Comment

Sure thing, Macw0lf. Here's two pics showing the assets.

If you go to the product page you'll see a bunch more photos there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Your asset is real nice and looks like what I'll be using it to create most of the buildings in my game, but there are a few things you could add. One would be to add walls that go with rooms or areas that have stairs leading to another floor. Another would be to have versions L, T, and X Corners that have cuts to fit doors/windows some people might like to have doors/window to be placed at the very edge of the room. Lastly you should put door handles on the other side of those Push style doors, also maybe add the door handles animate when you open/close them.

Comment

olinkalex: I can look into creating corners for windows/doors, but the sizes may not fit into the modular design. I'll take a look and update you here. I can create new door BPs with separate handles that would allow you to animate them.

As for stairs, I plan on creating an elevator/stairs add-on pack that I would sell for a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by ian80 View Post
            olinkalex: I can look into creating corners for windows/doors, but the sizes may not fit into the modular design. I'll take a look and update you here. I can create new door BPs with separate handles that would allow you to animate them.

As for stairs, I plan on creating an elevator/stairs add-on pack that I would sell for a fair price.
            Thanks for the info, do hope you do the Stairs and Elevator pack very soon

Comment

I'm having an issue with this pack. Some of the static meshes lose their material upon opening them, others don't. Some of the materials return after building, others don't.

Windows 10
              8 gigs dd2
              gtx 970
              i5 2500k

Comment

How do you add that background of the city showed in the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by BernEngine88 View Post
                  How do you add that background of the city showed in the pictures?
                  Sorry for the late response: that is just a basic plane with a flat image applied as material. Works fine for pictures. However, for in-game use, you'll generally want a better solution.

Comment

Hi ian80

I bought your pack but to my misfortune your materials have too many textures to work in our project. The problem is we are developing a VR game in Forward Rendering and as i believe you know, you have to use less textures than in in deferral rendering.
                    Is there a chance to give us a less complex versions of your materials that works with forward rendering ?

Thank you for your attention.

Comment

Hello, I'm having a slight issue. Can you help me out?Click image for larger version

Name:	20191106-14_02_08VRExpPluginExample--Unreal-Editor.png
Views:	70
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1683577

Comment

+1 to above posts, this does not work in Forward Rendering which isn't really mentioned due to going over texture sample limit. Any chance we're going to see a solution?

Comment

Hey guys, I'll have a poke around and see if I can come up with a quick solution. Give me a few days (I'm out of country atm, but will be back soon).

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm back home and have had a chance to look at the material. I've got it working in forward rendering - and have uploaded the update to Unreal. You should be able to update the plugin at your end.

Because it is an experimental solution, I didn't want to permanently change the base material. I've included a 'MAT_TerrazzoFlooring01_forwardRender' along with the original material (in 'Materials/Flooring' folder). To get it working with the base geometry, you just need to open 'INST_TerrazzoFlooring01' and change the parent material to the material mentioned above. (If you want the materials to work in the example map, you'll also need to adjust 'INST_flooringLevel01_base' the same way). You'll also find MAT_wall01_forwardRender along with the original wall material in the 'Material/Structural/Wall01' folder. Follow the same process for 'INST_wall01' and 'INST_wall02' (just update the parent material).

I only update version 4.20+ - if you need an earlier version, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                            X