X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packaging for submission / input mappings

Hi all,

maybe i just oversaw something, but….

So, i got some Blueprints/Sample Levels/Materials/whatever that i want to submit to the marketplace, fine. I export these from the Content-Folder (Migrate or with any other method), zip it and then i'm finished.

Though, if i provide a sample level, i also want to provide the controls already setup correctly for the sample (i.e. map the MouseWheelUp to ZoomIn - Action). These are usually stored outside of the Content folder inside input.ini in the config subdirectory.

How am i supposed to submit that one with my assets? Should i zip the whole project folder excluding the temporary stuff? Or am i just "allowed" to submit anything below "Content"?

Some clarification on the zipfile/directory structure for submitting anything would be really nice.

Thanks,
    Indy
    FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
    TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Create an empty project > Migrate your content to that project > Set your input mappings and level and you are done. Zip the whole project and share it. An empty project itself is about 1-2MB so it wont change the size of the file much even with the sample level.
    FREE VR Drum Kit Project
    FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade

Comment

Ah ok, i was not aware that we are gonna submit the whole project. That of course explains everything

Thanks much!

Cheers,
      Indy
      FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
      TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Originally posted by indygoof View Post
        Ah ok, i was not aware that we are gonna submit the whole project. That of course explains everything

Thanks much!

Cheers,
        Indy
        That is if you want to or should give a sample level with your product. Otherwise just the folder in the Content folder should be enough.
        FREE VR Drum Kit Project
        FREE Color LUT Collection
        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
        FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
        Camera Crossfade

Comment

Working...
        X