Cheap Ambient Lighting System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
    This is expected behavior. The lighting system does not handle shadows and effectively works exactly like a cheaper version of an unshadowed pointlight.
    So what can I do to be able to use this in my project? or are you saying that this pack is not suitable for any project that would be set in a house?
    Last edited by tcla75; 01-31-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

If you need lights that do not bleed through walls your only real choice is using point lights with cast shadows enabled or decreasing the light radius so it doesn't extend past walls, this system does not support shadow casting.

Comment

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
        If you need lights that do not bleed through walls your only real choice is using point lights with cast shadows enabled or decreasing the light radius so it doesn't extend past walls, this system does not support shadow casting.
        You should really make it apparent on the store page that this can't be used for indoor projects which would be about 50% of all projects that people are working on. Thanks just wasted 22 euro.

Comment

If this marketplace item isn't what you needed/expected you should really request a refund from Epic, I wouldn't want you to feel like your money has been wasted or taken by something that didn't do what you expected it to do. It is mentioned several times in the documentation that this works like unshadowed point lights, I'll be sure to also put a note on this forum page and on the store page that these lights work like unshadowed point lights. The last thing I want is to give people a false impression as to what this system is or isn't.

Comment

New version has been uploaded and should be up on the store soon.

Update 1.4
            • Increased the in editor limit of light actors from 64 to 256. In game is still limited to 64 but this is not per world as it only counts ones that are being rendered at the time.
            • New options to disable/enable lighting system globally in game and in editor.
            • Included a simple testmap to show proper level streaming usage.

Comment

Just submitted the biggest update to this system yet. This update is a significant one and will add dynamic light probes to the pack as well as many significant improvements/optimizations to the core.

Update 2.0

New Features:
              • Added new GI feature that allows light to use it’s surroundings to bounce lighting dynamically
              • Added several new options to help control new GI features
              • Allows designers to toggle the new GI features on a per light basis, some can remain being used as the regular ambient lighting system while others can be toggled to use GI.

Fixes/Improvements:
              • Optimized the logic that creates new mics when needed to be 4X faster
              • Optimization for light probes when running in low quality lighting mode
              • Lowered max in editor lights from 256 to 244 (Technical Limitation) In game has been unchanged

New GI Features:
              • Added several new settings in the light probe/controller to allow designers to fully tweak the light captures as far as color/performance.

Comment

Would it be possible to set a scalable/rotatable cube falloff/clipping control? This would go some way to making it useful for for interiors.
                George Rolfe.
                Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                X