When Should Content be removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geodav

There is a 5th option... Join the enemy 'make your own' MP assets..
    Then make new Tutorials to help promote your Marketplace packs...

Stop game dev??? That's just an own goal and only hurts you surely...

You know some of the old UDK community spirit is still around on here.
    Its just gone more underground, trading / exchanging info via PM's etc.

Comment

franktech i don't really won't to give up game dev'ing, i'd really like to have a solid release but at some stage my hands are tied due to my limited skills.

we'll see how things go but i can only advise people not to buy anything from the MP , just try and go direct to the authors/communitty.

btw i don't hang around here much as this forum(since the change) i can't find todays new posts and i can't be bothered hunting/trawling, so i'll go back into the shadows thanks for reading and i hope you don't get caught out
      UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
      ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

When you buy something from the marketplace, you are buying it as is, at that particular point in time. If the author keeps updating it, or even better, adding features to it, then that's great, but I don't see why people would think it should be a requirement.

The zombie model I bought on 4.11 hasn't been updated? Ok... So what? Its still the same zombie model I bought. It didn't get worse. I didn't lose anything...
        Last edited by BlackFangTech; 08-05-2018, 01:51 PM.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFangTech View Post
          When you buy something from the marketplace, you are buying it as is, at that particular point in time. If the author keeps updating it, or even better, adding features to it, then that's great, but I don't see why people would think it should be a requirement.
          Well for a while it was a requirement which is why some people (myself included) are surprised to learn it isn't' any longer. There wasn't really any formal announcement of the chance, or notification to buyers or sellers. For quite some time we were told that when a new engine version was released, we have to update it within 30 days (at one point it was 1-2 weeks) or it could face removal for not being up to date with the latest versions. The policy was that we had to maintain the current, and previous versions of any product on the marketplace.

The policy change doesn't affect anything on my end, as I'll continue to support it. But I just think they could have informed us of the change as that was one of the biggest selling points of some products here as you can see from Geodav's reaction. Knowing that the product will continue to be updated. But you also raise a good point about the product page listing which versions it supports, so it isn't as if the buyer wouldn't be made aware of it at the time of purchase. All the same, I'm certain the majority of devs will continue to support products going forward, as only a handful have stopped from what I've encountered.

Geodav I am sorry to see you have lost faith in the marketplace system. I hope you understand that there are many of us out there who strive to deliver the best customer service and experience regardless of if it's mandated by policy or not. I can say that my products will continue to be updated as long as I'm here, and I know that to be the case for many others as well. I hope one day you will return and be able to have a more enjoyable experience here. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
            Geodav I am sorry to see you have lost faith in the marketplace system. I hope you understand that there are many of us out there who strive to deliver the best customer service and experience regardless of if it's mandated by policy or not. I can say that my products will continue to be updated as long as I'm here, and I know that to be the case for many others as well. I hope one day you will return and be able to have a more enjoyable experience here. =)
            You can include me aswel and I surely know a lot of other sellers that will keep supporting new releases.
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post

Well for a while it was a requirement which is why some people (myself included) are surprised to learn it isn't' any longer. There wasn't really any formal announcement of the chance, or notification to buyers or sellers. For quite some time we were told that when a new engine version was released, we have to update it within 30 days (at one point it was 1-2 weeks) or it could face removal for not being up to date with the latest versions. The policy was that we had to maintain the current, and previous versions of any product on the marketplace.

The policy change doesn't affect anything on my end, as I'll continue to support it. But I just think they could have informed us of the change as that was one of the biggest selling points of some products here as you can see from Geodav's reaction. Knowing that the product will continue to be updated. But you also raise a good point about the product page listing which versions it supports, so it isn't as if the buyer wouldn't be made aware of it at the time of purchase. All the same, I'm certain the majority of devs will continue to support products going forward, as only a handful have stopped from what I've encountered.

All valid. They seem to drop a requirement or lower a standard every week nowadays. I've made requests for them to email us a change-log of the marketplace guidelines whenever they are updated, but I just get ignored.

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

SE_JonF and NilsonLima i'll have to check your products , the only reason i bought the product was because the author at the time was well known and respect member of the community and the product was very close to what i needed eg FPS/Teamdeathmatch type all bp's and with menues, a very good product with few faults, which with help i got a decent base game for my project. Now since he rebuilt (3/4 done) i'm at a loss of to continue with it. atm i doubt i'll find product that i can trust to keep me going for the next few years, please remember this has been my hobby for a long time and i don't really want to give up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
                  SE_JonF and NilsonLima i'll have to check your products , the only reason i bought the product was because the author at the time was well known and respect member of the community and the product was very close to what i needed eg FPS/Teamdeathmatch type all bp's and with menues, a very good product with few faults, which with help i got a decent base game for my project. Now since he rebuilt (3/4 done) i'm at a loss of to continue with it. atm i doubt i'll find product that i can trust to keep me going for the next few years, please remember this has been my hobby for a long time and i don't really want to give up yet.
                  I totally understand where you're coming from. It's why I've been careful not to do any major overhauls of my products, even if it were to be an improvement since there would be many who liked it the way it is. I'm sorry this has been your experience, and hope it doesn't deter you from pursuing your hobby. One thing I encourage people to do is reach out to product sellers before purchasing. If you aren't satisfied with the customer service before purchasing, you likely won't be after. And it will give you an opportunity to ask questions about the products and how it might relate to your project, or the future of the product itself (such as compatibility, overhauls, additional features, etc.) People reach out to me about that all the time and I'm always happy to answer their questions.

Best of luck to you with your project, and if you ever are interested in my products feel free to reach out to me. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
                    Did he remove the old version of the product? What forced you to update?

Comment

i just went to check to see if i could install older builds, atm i have 4.16.3 and 4.20.1 installed and the launcher says its now compatible with 4.20 and 4.19, now this could be and error from the launcher as there has been no news from the author since june, atm i'm packaging the base product to check for any build errors.

need to fine out if the product is still the 4.18 version that has now been installed with 4.20 engine

Comment

Working...
                      X