Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgentMilkshake1 View Post
    Loving this plugin so far - I have noticed 1 thing though:
    Scripted actions cannot access GameplayStatics functions such as "GetAllActorsOfClass". Obviously this can be gotten around by just having a function on the Player Character that calls get all actors of class and then performs the functionality, but I'm wondering whether it would be possible for you to enable this functionality within the scripted actions?

I understand that the scripted actions are UObjects and thus don't inherently have a world. Is it possible for you to create a Blueprint callable function called "GetAllActorsOfClassInPlayer'sWorld" with an input pin for the Player Controller/ Player Pawn as the world context object, and then the function just uses the player's world to get all actors of class and spit them back out as an array in the scripted action?

For instance
    Code:
    void GetAllActorsOfClassInPlayersWorld(APawn* InPlayerPawn, TSubclassOf AActor ActorClass, TArrayAActor& OutActors)
    {

OutActors.Reset();

if (InPlayerPawn && ActorClass)
    {

UGameplayStatics::GetAllActorsOfClass(InPlayerPawn, ActorClass, OutActors);
    }
    }
    This would just save populating the player pawn with all this functionality when I could just (in my scripted action) find all the actors of a certain class and call some bespoke action upon them.

Great work on this plugin btw, I was about to write a similar system when I found your plugin on the marketplace and it saved me time (and it comes with snazzy editor UI for my designers!). I hope you take my suggestion into consideration.

EDIT: For some reason the code tag deletes the AActor in triangular brackets where I'm trying to use it in the function params
    GREAT NEWS!

It is limitation of UObject which is not part of the world. Because all static and function library methods works with world context object it cannot be used.
    I implemented providing World for it so now it should support all Static and World blueprint functions!
    Going to update plugin soon, enjoy!

Comment

I just submitted update for it. So it should be in the Engine soon - approval usually it takes 1-2 days. I also updated a little bit blueprints so project itself is also new, but not many changes in functionality.

Next thing I want to tackle is Co-op mode next weekend. Cheers!

Comment

Don't forget guys to download updated version from Marketplace:

There is also discord channel created for you to suggest new features!
        https://discordapp.com/invite/uWAYtx2

Comment

During Spring Sale you can grab Mission & Objectives plugin 70% cheaper!!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ion-objectives

Comment

Will this work in VR? sorry I just noticed you answered on youtube comment. I have purchased and look forward to trying it out

Comment

Great thanks a lot! Of course this will work in VR!

Comment

Tefel Can you re-upload the 4.21 project files? The 4.21 project file shown on the store page seems to be a 4.22 project.

Comment

Originally posted by orbobservation View Post
                  Tefel Can you re-upload the 4.21 project files? The 4.21 project file shown on the store page seems to be a 4.22 project.
                  Hey, I will do it, but I won't be able to during Easter. You can expect 4.21 project in addition to 4.22 after Easter.

Comment

Tefel I didn't see you'd replied - I should subscribe to this thread!

Great to hear you added the improvements, I'm actually using a custom version of your plugin that I've added various bits to, so I'll make sure to upgrade it at some point to match the latest.

When I eventually update, I'll let you know of any other bits I've added that aren't in the main plugin - They've been of great use to me, so fingers crossed those additional tid-bits would be helpful to others.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentMilkshake1 View Post
                      Tefel I didn't see you'd replied - I should subscribe to this thread!

Great to hear you added the improvements, I'm actually using a custom version of your plugin that I've added various bits to, so I'll make sure to upgrade it at some point to match the latest.

When I eventually update, I'll let you know of any other bits I've added that aren't in the main plugin - They've been of great use to me, so fingers crossed those additional tid-bits would be helpful to others.
                      Sounds great. If you share your updates I will look into them and promote so other can also use these improvements!

Comment

Just submitted update for the plugin with fixes, more functions exposed for Game Designers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BP_functions.png
Views:	5
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1618144

Project also got update to reflect these changes and show a little bit more examples.
                        Last edited by Tefel; 05-11-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Demo is broken in 4.22.2 the space travel demo cannot be completed, character cannot leave the spaceship, land always fails and the mission narration widget never shows.
                          Last edited by zincr0; 05-28-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Hey, thank you for report this is now fixed!

Comment

The plugin is available in the Unreal Engine Marketplace Summer Flash Sale is LIVE!
                              Save 30% on it https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ion-objectives
                              or other hundreds of products in every category!

Last edited by Tefel; 07-13-2019, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Updated to 4.23 YAY!
                                https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ion-objectives

Comment

Working...
                                X