Mission & Objectives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Mission & Objectives

Hey, I love to present Editor extension for UE4 with custom nodes where in the very easy way Missions (Quests) and respective objectives can be defined.

LATEST UPDATE 4.21

Marketplace link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ion-objectives
    Documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LW6hOH7hsyBxOY
    Discord support: https://discordapp.com/invite/uWAYtx2
    Example project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10R...XtzAsnm93rsITI

There are many features which plugin currently supports:
    • Multiple simultaneous missions running and being picked from the pool.
    • Negative objectives leading to mission failure
    • Positive objective leading to missions successful
    • Side tasks which may trigger some special rewards and conditions
    • Switching between missions
    • Completing objectives from ongoing Missions
    • Many systems of prompts, previews, notifications
    • Missions selection and log
    • Multiplayer support
    • Dialogues and narrative (sounds)
    • Different visuals for node paths - successful, neutral and negative

As you can see on the picture above there are multiple (so far five) different widgets communicating with the mission and objective system. They listen to special prepared events.

Savegame system fully supports Mission & Objectives

Please share with me your opinions and what eventually is missing what would be good to have in the final version.-----------------------------
    UPDATES:
    - fixed issue when shipping for 4.20
    - added missions main menu with selection
    - added savegame system
    Last edited by Tefel; 11-19-2018, 02:53 PM.

Added spacecraft travel mission which is showing in very simple way how powerful is this Editor Tool.
    It provides run-time updates and side missions.

Comment

Hey, what are you guys think about these assets?

Comment

Mmmh.. giving some ready templates it's ok but I think it would be more useful if you added fully generic options so that it could be used for anything and not just some ideas. Then with some ready templates for those that wouldn't want to configure their own from scratch but still a completely generic approach would make it way more useful and clearly easy expandable for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
          Mmmh.. giving some ready templates it's ok but I think it would be more useful if you added fully generic options so that it could be used for anything and not just some ideas. Then with some ready templates for those that wouldn't want to configure their own from scratch but still a completely generic approach would make it way more useful and clearly easy expandable for anything.
          I have analysed houndred of scenerios and don't see what could not be possible.
          It is the most generic approach and flexible scripted actions linked if needed.

It is possible to design:
          - missions are independent so it is possible to do multiple missions in parallel
          - many paths to reach the same goal
          - different endings with a other objectives to fulfill
          - side quests and side objectives

So in short words I don't see anything more what would be needed from graph point of view.

Actions scripts provides flexibility of implementing and scripting anything and everything.

Comment

I am happy to announced that plugin is finally RELEASED!
            https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ion-objectives

Comment

I purchased your product and installed it to the engine but I don't get the Content/Missions folder you show in the video. I also don't have any sample maps, or the spacecraft mission. Next, I tried to install the demo - it says 4.19 is wrong engine type it was built with a different version (which version?). Next, I tried to launch the demo with 4.20 it says I need to rebuild. Later it says unable to build try building manually (I don't know how).

Your pdf installation instructions don't make sense either as it says this is for 3rd person and there is something called Multiplayer RPG that must be installed. I have no idea what MRPG means or how to find it. THe instructions say the inputs must be remapped if you are going to use it with something other than 3rd person. What inputs, there is no information in the pdf.

This is all very frustrating.

Comment

Agreed, jjacks888 summed it up. No instructions on how to set this up. No folders once installing the plugin, nothing.

Comment

Hey guys, when you are installing a plugin it is only Code Plugin. Example project is available here:
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xNC...BuMgnOXlw0qene

I am updating documentation so it will tell more how to setup new missions etc.

Comment

Updated plugin to provide saving and loading features. Everything is done with use of
                    It is done by efficient TMaps and UE4 Serialization - MomoryReader, MemoryWriter.

All additional Properties can be easily marked as Savegame:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_147129.png Views:	1 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	1526006

SIMPLE LIKE THAT!!
                    Last edited by Tefel; 09-10-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

So plugin is updated in MP

Comment

Hey guys, updated demo project, here is new link:
                        https://drive.google.com/open?id=10R...XtzAsnm93rsITI

Comment

Submitted update, it will take few days, here is preview of upcoming update:

Comment

Hi, Tefel!
                            Is it possible to have multiple active missions at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Flash7 View Post
                              Hi, Tefel!
                              Is it possible to have multiple active missions at the same time?

Yes! System was design to be able to have active multiple missions at the same time and being able to do them in parallel.
                              There are multiple ways to bring preview mission back (on mission started, on objective updated, on objective completed).
                              It simply means that if you have 5 missions in parallel and you complete objective from one of them it will bring preview of that mission to the prompt on the right side.

Comment

Working...
                              X