Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    @MischievousM
    Just an advice, use more tags for your asset on the UE4 Marketplace. Every-time I search this asset there, I get reminded it is hard to find per search function. As example, there is a new assets for Physics Collision Sound on the market place and it has more reviews as yours. But your presentation and videos are much better. I think most people do not find your asset (or the price?). Use more tags like "Collision Sounds" "Impact Sounds" "Physics Collision Sound", "Physics sound", "physically based sound" in this market place asset.

UE4 Marketplace search function searches only title of assets and tags and not the description. "Add Sounds to physics" sounds as a good description as title, but use more word in title and tags to make it very easy to find.

Just an advice.

And still ... would be nice to see an even more performance optimized C++ solution which can be used as class parent to have a more general solution.

As a short advice: Here in the comments of the following video the creator is describing a solution with c++ to edit the parent actor to have impact/collision sound in every actor in the level without adding a component to every scene actor. And he's using UPhysicsCollisionHandler in the better solutions after made the youtube video. Also this he describes in some comments.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H6DsqN-rQo&t=5s
    (Some comments have answers and the interesting things are in the answers, so you have to click them to expand them)

Would be nice that such a "global" impact sound activation is also possible with your solution.
    Please add the code to the UE4 marketplace asset. Most plugins on the market place do this, but not all. In BP solutions also everyone can see the "code" and edit it. So we can update and edit the solution later on by ourself after bought it within the code. I look forward to your solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @OptimisticMonkey Wiki is back up again, host was moving stuff around. Thanks for your purchase!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just bought it :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is Doc site down?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a heads up, MNSI is part of the Market Place Anniversary Sale so, now's your chance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congrats on the release!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's out, go wild!
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...und-to-physics

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FANTASTIC - can't wait....
    How Much would be the Price?
    Kind regards,
    Halobungie

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys. It's done. A year after I started working on this...Pending marketplace release any day now.

@halobungie Send you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello MischievousM, I have no success. Can you please show me your settings from your barrels?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Halobungie, try adjusting the friction coefficient of your physical materials And weight. Tell me if that works.

Also, in MNSI news, the documentation's nearly complete.

Behold, the official Wiki.

https://mischievous.eu/index.php/MNSI

I've started to try and push this to the Marketplace. Will make an official release post as soon as it gets though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello MischievousM,
    How did you do that with the payload on the wagon? If I try to do the same with myself, the payload slips backwards each time and falls off the wagon. But with you, the payload stays on the wagon? How did you do it?
    Kind regards!
    halobungie

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TheFlow3k Heh, I do actually do that. I have an automated testing world and script that I run every time I do changes to calculate how they affect the performance cost of the plugin. Generally speaking I've got it running Okay with 200 objects all colliding at the same time with Rolling and Friction sounds. Disabiling the Rolling sounds for the objects, IE, the "Cheap" option for objects too insignificant to have rolling sounds, virtually renders this plugin free.. The less groups of intercoliding objects you have, the cheaper it gets too, you can have 100k physics props in your level but the way the plugin's designed, they won't add any performance overhead unless you start piling them all up in a big pile. Which isn't likely. P:

Also halobungie, I have no plans not do I plan to have a plan about releasing the train demo. That's a completely personal project. With all the sloppiness that entrails~
    Last edited by MischievousM; 05-25-2019, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello
    i Love this Plugin and the Train Demo!!!
    Is it possible to download this Train-Demo (exe) so that i can play with this Train too?
    Kind regards!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the answers to my post.

A global solution would be nice, because if not, we have to add a component to every physically movable mesh in the game, which often are simple static meshes. Of course it is simple for BPs, where you can add the component to the BP and every BP in the game get the update. But on simple (physical movable) static meshes you have to add it to every mesh. So a global solution would be nice.

When you use BP instead of code, it is also Ok. As you said, the advantage is that it is easier to understand as BP.
    But would be nice, when the performance is also great as BP solution.

Perhaps it would be nice to make the performance need for your solution measurable. Perhaps you can make a Video where you measures the "FPS Average" with a scene with a lot (but realistically, not too much) objects shaking and falling? One time with your impact sound solution and sometimes without? So we (and you) can see the performance impact of this solution. I think it it will be good to know.

Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X