Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    GuacFrog
    Glad it worked! Feel free to reach out any time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Anson Kindred View Post
    GuacFrog Should be as simple as turning off component replication then, as long as you do don't need it to be on for some reason. I can't really imagine why you would need component replication on a static mesh, but my understanding of component replication is pretty limited so let me know if you do need to use it and I can dig a little deeper and see if I can find a work-around.
    Un checking component replicates did indeed solve my problem. Thanks for that advice!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GuacFrog Should be as simple as turning off component replication then, as long as you do don't need it to be on for some reason. I can't really imagine why you would need component replication on a static mesh, but my understanding of component replication is pretty limited so let me know if you do need to use it and I can dig a little deeper and see if I can find a work-around.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anson Kindred Interesting. I have my static mesh set as my root component with component replicates on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GuacFrog I seem to be able to switch owners and switch who simulates physics no problem. I added an empty Actor in the Third Person Template, added a Cube to it and set the cube as the root component of the Actor, and also enabled replication of course. I added a SmoothSync component and some blueprint magic and an rpc to change ownership and physics.

Everything seems to work as expected. The only time I was able to get behaviour similar to what you are seeing is when I enabled "Component Replication" on my root primitive component (cube). That seemed to cause all sorts of weird twitching, though I'm not really clear why that would be, it's definitely doing something bad. Do you have component replication enabled?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GuacFrog
    I haven't had time to look into anything yet unfortunately. I'll see if I can find some time to look to see if there's some ownership changing issues going on. Thanks for the description. I should be able to recreate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Syed I'm looking in to your issue but I could use some more info, like how you are changing levels? Unreal has a couple of different ways of doing so, it might help me narrow it down if I knew which method you were using.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fuestrine Okay here's my idea. I should use smooth sync on my player so he is locally controlled. When the client is near a cube, he takes control of that cube. However, when two players are near a cube, I want the cube to be controlled by the server. Of course, smooth sync is not capable of this as the clients won't be able to move the cube because no client prediction. So what is the solution to switching between client and server owned physics?

I was thinking I could disable smooth sync on the clients and enable replicate movement on the clients in this situation. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fuestrine I shouldn't say SetOwner does nothing. It actually just causes movement glitches like in the video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fuestrine Empty level, cube actor with smooth sync on it. When client and server push around cube, it works fine (server owns cube, client can push it). The player does NOT have smooth sync, just default replicate movement.

I SetOwner to client controller from server, and it doesn't change anything. I want SetOwner to make the client control the position locally. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fuestrine Any updates on the client replication problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes .. all actors are spawned and then destroyed.. I guess there could be 'leftover variables' somewhere..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Syed
    And if you are spawning an actor completely new and not changing the owner at runtime, you shouldn't need to do any resetting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Syed
    I'll take a look and see if I can recreate the issue. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi again,
    I keep revisiting this thread because I think this really addresses the shortcoming of UE4 simple and smooth movement networking (which is major one!).

I have already bought this plugin but I keep experiencing ghost collision and teleporting.. This only happen in the second etc loading (not the first) of level ie load a level: ok. And then exit and the load again, here this problem. And also, the actor with smoothsync is always spawned and destroyed (not kept in pool). I read above that SmoothSync need to be reset but does this also apply to my case?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X