Smooth Sync: Sync your Transforms Smoothly across the network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e3pojedi
    That Kart Template you linked works for me.

Steps:
    1. On BP_KartPawnPlayer, uncheck Unreal's Replicate Movement. Then "add component" SmoothSync.
    2. This isn't set up for multiplayer so make a BluePrint GameModeBase class and set the "default pawn class" to BP_KartPawnPlayer. Change the GameMode to the new GameMode.
    3. ActivePlayerMode->Number of Players to whatever number you want.

Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by fuestrine; 01-16-2019, 05:03 PM.
    Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

Comment

fuestrine Making a new project and re-importing everything worked! Thanks!

Comment

Version 1.11 is now up on the Marketplace.

Changes:
        • Fixed issue with syncing actors without primitive components.
        • Fixed issue with receiving a teleport as the first received State.

Comment

fuestrine I'm using the version currently on the marketplace for a dedicated server multiplayer game with vehicles and the skeletal mesh of the vehicle isn't updating it's rotations at all. Everything else seems to work nicely. I also get teleport flag warnings on endplay. I noticed this was reported in the comment section on the plugin page and you responded saying it was fixed, any ideas on this?

Comment

Sinn Studio Inc.
            The fix has been sent to your email. Thanks for letting me know about the problem.
            Last edited by fuestrine; 01-20-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Very fast replies and solutions.
              5 stars.

I use this plugin in a crossplatform multiplayer VR game. *oof*
              (htc vive, htc focus, fps mode on windows, oculus , oculus go)

4 smoothsyncs per pawn, actived or not according to the client's platform. (actor, camera, motioncontroller 1 & 2)

Works perfectly !

Comment

Megurine
                Awesome! Glad to hear you like it. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Comment

Version 1.12 is now up on the Marketplace.

Changes:
                  • Fixed being unable to sync simulated skeletal meshes.

Comment

Version 1.13 is now up on the Marketplace.

Changes:
                    • Made moving out of rest smoother.

Comment

Hey fuestrine, I'm curious about your plugin. Specifically, I'm wondering how it deals with situations like two player owned actors running into each other. If two players both owned a car actor for example, then what would happen when they crashed into each other? Considering a player can only update the transform for the actors they own they, will this cause some sort of desynchronization? From what I can gather in the trailer footage this seems to be handled somehow but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Also, is this plugin compatible with other engine features like the new replication graph or the steam online subsystem?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

TacoShank
                        They will not collide like normal physics if they are owned by two separate systems, but it will not desynchronize.

Like if one car is sitting still and another hits it, the car sitting still will not fly across the road as if the two cars are owned by the same system. The sitting still car may even still be sitting still or may be hit but more lightly. I basically don't handle situations like that specifically, it's just what happens when the position is determined by separate owners. The moving car may not collide on the sitting car's system because in order to collide, it would have to go into a position the sitting still car is, which the sitting still car's position is only determined by the sitting car's owner and it won't move until the moving car goes into a position the sitting car is. Gets kind of confusing to think about and even more to talk about.

Let me know if you have more questions about it. Sending over an RPC yourself on collision and AddForce() is probably the best way to handle separate owner collisions with SmoothSync.

The plugin does not do anything with the replication graph or the steam online subsystems. It'll take into account Net Cull Distance Squared though. I didn't even know the replication graph existed, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll have to look into that, but it won't be any time soon.

Comment

Hello,
                          does your plugin works on ios devices?

Comment

IronSuit
                            Yes. I just noticed that the Marketplace page doesn't reflect this. Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

Hello @fuestrine. Does your plugin replicates position, rotation etc. by using property replication or using RPC calls?

Comment

fanaticguy
                                RPC calls, but we do try to save on bandwidth as much as possible if that's your worry. It won't send position when at positional rest and it does the same with rotation, scale, velocity, and angular velocity. It also takes into account NetCullDistanceSquared.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X