Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Lawendt
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for the detailed post. For now you can probably throw some null checks in there and be good to go until I get a better solution out.

If you need help with some quick null checks, let me know and I can whip up something.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

We are having issues using smooth sync since our update from UE 4.23 to 4.25.

Running with 4 players with a dedicated server on the editor and the average network emulation we had this problem on the start

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-08 11_35_34-.png
Views:	175
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1773023

Name:	2020-06-08 11_37_55-.png
Views:	166
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1773024

and also here

Name:	2020-06-08 11_42_20-.png
Views:	159
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1773025

Name:	2020-06-08 11_43_00-.png
Views:	164
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1773026

I removed the packet loss emulation and it this seems to not happen anymore.

We also had other crashes SmoothSyncTeleportServerToClients_Implementation because realObjectToSync is null and then it crashed on getPosition.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Creampuff6
    Is your setup a server position determined player and you are sending commands over to the server to say "walk forward" and "stop walking"? In this scenario if you say "stop walking" you have to wait for your command to get to the server and for the player to stop, then for the player stopping information to get back to you.

Does it also seem like it takes an amount of time to start moving?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue in my project with this plug in. It seems that all but one client on the test dedicated server will not stop moving even after letting go of movement controls. Almost like the character is sliding on ice. The original first client does not have this issue for some reason? any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you very much fuestrine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thiagogbeltran Sirkim2
    ​​​​​​​Smooth Sync for Unreal 4.25 is now up on the Marketplace. Sorry for the wait and have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thiagogbeltran Sirkim2
    Sorry but I had an issue with my previous submission so I had to submit again. I submitted it on May 27th. Unreal seems to be taking a bit longer than usual to approve updates but my guess is it'll be sometime this week.

I'll try to remind you both when it gets approved.
    Last edited by fuestrine; 06-02-2020, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 4.25 Please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuestrine View Post
    Just to let everyone know, a 4.25 Unreal version was submitted on May 17th. They are usually pretty quick about accepting new updates but may be experiencing delays. It usually takes a couple days so I'd be hopeful for sometime this week.
    Hi, any updates on the 4.25 version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to let everyone know, a 4.25 Unreal version was submitted on May 17th. They are usually pretty quick about accepting new updates but may be experiencing delays. It usually takes a couple days so I'd be hopeful for sometime this week.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    E_PepeGamer I think it would be best to do it in a custom ACharacter class or something similar. If you did want to modify the smooth sync code I would look at how movement mode is handled and copy that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maxime066 Sorry Smooth Sync didn't work out for you. Glad you found a solution though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Damien Are you still having the issue with the basketball? How is the Actor attached to the Hand? If you can send me a project I can use to replicate the issue I can look in to it more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have tried the plugin with an ACharacter, toggled off "Replicate movement" and added the smooth sync component. Works fine, but some events like crouching, which where replicated by the ACharacter replication code now do not replicate over the network.

I can write my own RPC to do this in a custom ACharacter class or modify the SmoothSync component code. Which option seems better to you and where in the smooth sync code would you put the code to sync crouching, jumping ... etc if I choose the second option?

Is there another possible solution to this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh thanks anyway. This plugin made me realise that I can write my own player replication code. So, I unchecked the replicate movement checkbox on my character and wrote my own code to move the character of other players on each client. It works perfectly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X