Smooth Sync: Sync your Transforms Smoothly across the network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuestrine View Post
    Just to let everyone know, a 4.25 Unreal version was submitted on May 17th. They are usually pretty quick about accepting new updates but may be experiencing delays. It usually takes a couple days so I'd be hopeful for sometime this week.
    Hi, any updates on the 4.25 version?

Comment

Version 4.25 Please

Comment

thiagogbeltran Sirkim2
        Sorry but I had an issue with my previous submission so I had to submit again. I submitted it on May 27th. Unreal seems to be taking a bit longer than usual to approve updates but my guess is it'll be sometime this week.

I'll try to remind you both when it gets approved.
        Last edited by fuestrine; 06-02-2020, 07:31 PM.
        Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

Comment

thiagogbeltran Sirkim2
          ​​​​​​​Smooth Sync for Unreal 4.25 is now up on the Marketplace. Sorry for the wait and have a great day!

Comment

Thank you very much fuestrine

Comment

Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue in my project with this plug in. It seems that all but one client on the test dedicated server will not stop moving even after letting go of movement controls. Almost like the character is sliding on ice. The original first client does not have this issue for some reason? any ideas?

Comment

Creampuff6
                Is your setup a server position determined player and you are sending commands over to the server to say "walk forward" and "stop walking"? In this scenario if you say "stop walking" you have to wait for your command to get to the server and for the player to stop, then for the player stopping information to get back to you.

Does it also seem like it takes an amount of time to start moving?

Comment

Hello,

We are having issues using smooth sync since our update from UE 4.23 to 4.25.

Running with 4 players with a dedicated server on the editor and the average network emulation we had this problem on the start

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-08 11_35_34-.png
Views:	189
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1773023

Name:	2020-06-08 11_37_55-.png
Views:	180
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1773024

and also here

Name:	2020-06-08 11_42_20-.png
Views:	173
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1773025

Name:	2020-06-08 11_43_00-.png
Views:	178
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1773026

I removed the packet loss emulation and it this seems to not happen anymore.

We also had other crashes SmoothSyncTeleportServerToClients_Implementation because realObjectToSync is null and then it crashed on getPosition.

Comment

Lawendt
                    Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for the detailed post. For now you can probably throw some null checks in there and be good to go until I get a better solution out.

If you need help with some quick null checks, let me know and I can whip up something.

Thanks again.

Comment

This crash occurs when calling SetOwner on the item with SmoothSync. \
                      Dedicated server with 2 players.

The image of the log is attached.
                      Last edited by GuacFrog; 06-16-2020, 12:24 AM.

Comment

fuestrine Any ideas on solving this bug?

Comment

GuacFrog
                          Maybe changing line 1896 of SmoothSync.cpp into:
                          if (insertPos + 1 < stateCount)
                          {
                          state->movementMode = stateBuffer[insertPos + 1]->movementMode;
                          }
                          might solve it.

Sorry but my day job has been crushing me lately and I don't really have time to try to reproduce the issue and get a good fix right now.

Let me know how that goes though. My free time should start opening up next weekend for me to take a true deep look. Feel free to ask questions here though and I should have time to answer.

Comment

Will this work to rep all bodies in a ragdoll?

Comment

Nonlin
                              I'm not sure what "bodies in a ragdoll" are, but it'll sync anything with a Transform you can see in the details tab.
                              The way I assume a ragdoll would work is you'd only want to sync the Actor Transform and then the limbs and stuff would flop around. You wouldn't want to sync each joint anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fuestrine View Post
                                Nonlin
                                I'm not sure what "bodies in a ragdoll" are, but it'll sync anything with a Transform you can see in the details tab.
                                The way I assume a ragdoll would work is you'd only want to sync the Actor Transform and then the limbs and stuff would flop around. You wouldn't want to sync each joint anyway.
                                I do want to sync each joint lol, sounds like it can't bummer.

Comment

Working...
                                X