Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smooth Sync: Sync your Transforms Smoothly across the network

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FireblitzSpain
    Awesome, glad it helped!

    We'll take a look and see what we can find out.
    Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

    Comment


      Hello again. I'm having serious problems replicating something as simple as moving a character to a specific point and attaching it to a component using a timeline.
      With the plugin activated the character starts shaking from his position to the place where he has to go and flies through the air.
      The same happens detaching the actor.
      If I deactivate the plugin everything works correctly and replicates as intented.
      I have tried to deactivate the plugin and to activate it again when I perform this action but it doesn't work. The character moves hyper fast after this.
      Finally I have desisted in using the plugin in my project because I think it is not 100% polished and is more focused for simpler games. I hope to test the plugin again in a few months and who knows if it will finally work as it should. Cheers.

      Good luck.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Smooths.png
Views:	204
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	1706656



      Comment


        FireblitzSpain Sorry for the issues. Thanks for the information though. Hopefully it will help us figure out what's going wrong for you.
        Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

        Comment


          Hey guys! I'm having a problem in UE4 v4.22 and this plugin.
          When I compile for Android arm v7 it works just fine, but when I compile for arm64 I get this error message when I open the game:
          "Plugin 'SmoothSyncPlugin' failed to load because module 'SmoothSyncPlugin' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project." And the game closes.

          Any ideas?

          Comment


            Originally posted by FireblitzSpain View Post
            Hello again. I'm having serious problems replicating something as simple as moving a character to a specific point and attaching it to a component using a timeline.
            With the plugin activated the character starts shaking from his position to the place where he has to go and flies through the air.
            The same happens detaching the actor.
            If I deactivate the plugin everything works correctly and replicates as intented.
            I have tried to deactivate the plugin and to activate it again when I perform this action but it doesn't work. The character moves hyper fast after this.
            Finally I have desisted in using the plugin in my project because I think it is not 100% polished and is more focused for simpler games. I hope to test the plugin again in a few months and who knows if it will finally work as it should. Cheers.

            Good luck.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Smooths.png
Views:	204
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	1706656


            Hey I was having a similar problem with my car game and the problem was that the mesh component of my pawn was with "replicate component" enabled. I think you should give it a try!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Douglas View Post
              Hey guys! I'm having a problem in UE4 v4.22 and this plugin.
              When I compile for Android arm v7 it works just fine, but when I compile for arm64 I get this error message when I open the game:
              "Plugin 'SmoothSyncPlugin' failed to load because module 'SmoothSyncPlugin' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project." And the game closes.

              Any ideas?
              I managed to solve it by copying the plugin folder from engine/plugins/marketplace/SmoothSyncPlugin to the plugin folder on project origin

              Comment


                Douglas
                Glad to hear! And thanks for the tip to the other user!
                Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Douglas View Post

                  Hey I was having a similar problem with my car game and the problem was that the mesh component of my pawn was with "replicate component" enabled. I think you should give it a try!
                  "Replicate movement" is not cheked since the beginning. The plugin has several problems with things like "Set position", root motion animations or the crouch/uncrouch nodes from the character movement component. I hope that someday all this will be solved because I paid for this plugin and I think it's a good addon that I would like to use in my project.

                  Comment


                    We are having issues with this on our "Vehicles", is this something common which others are having?

                    We have tried several vehicle types & physics from Sedan/Advanced BlueMan and others. Using Smooth-sync is so much better than standard UE4 Replication however... we still have issues with the following.
                    Example = 2 Vehicles
                    • Both Accelerating from standstill, on occasion Host and/or Client = Jerky/Not Smooth
                    • High Speed = Jerky/Not Smooth
                    Is there any particular settings that you suggest would improve this? or any tips on improving vehicle movement for smooth game-play in general.

                    Any help would be much appreciated.

                    Kind Regards
                    Cecil B

                    Comment


                      PerfsPC
                      We have an update we are working on that adds some extra smoothness for these scenarios.

                      I'll let you know when it's up.
                      Last edited by fuestrine; 01-27-2020, 06:23 PM.
                      Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

                      Comment


                        Excellent, Thank You!
                        Cecil B

                        Comment


                          I've been using this plugin for awhile trying to figure out ideal settings for my scenario. Just curious what the developer thinks the best settings would be.
                          The plugin already gives me flawless buttery smooth physics replication on my client owned object to the server and other clients. Now i'm looking to fix that same client owned smooth sync object when it collides with server owned static mesh actors which also have smooth sync enabled.

                          My map has probably 100+ static mesh actors (ALL server side only physics) with smooth sync on them but only like 4 or 5 are moving at any time and usually it's only 1, and any/all movement is caused by the client controlled smooth sync (default settings) object colliding with them.

                          The client controlled object never fails me. It's great replication from smooth sync. But the objects it collides with are randomly jittery, sometimes smooth, just not quite great on the client side. The server is always fine of course, but any object the client collides with struggles to look good for the client.

                          I've tried Send Rate 30, 60, etc..., messing with the Position Lerp Speed, Time Smooth, Interpolation Back Time, etc....
                          There's so many settings, and I've read all the tooltips but still not quire sure what would be best.

                          Any suggestions for settings?

                          Comment


                            Sebatnik
                            Unfortunately in order for physics to collide and be any good, you'll need to have the objects both owned by the same system (either server or client). There's not much you can do setting wise to get around this limitation.

                            Depending on the game, you may be able to send over an RPC and move it manually on the opposing system.
                            Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

                            Comment


                              No worries, that makes sense.
                              Appreciate the response!

                              I'll probably give a shot with having the client controlled object also be owned the server. Don't think I've tried that yet.

                              Comment


                                @fuestrine

                                I see there has been an update, did this affect anything to do with what i mention for speed and vehicles? -- Thanks
                                Cecil B

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X