Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuestrine View Post
    BioXide
    Sorry about the issue. I've got a solution already but it needs cleaning up. I plan on putting it on the Marketplace tomorrow. I've also got a fix for automatically using Velocity for running animations and I'm also syncing the MovementMode so that things like the jump animation plays in the Third Person Template.
    Ah sweet, I was breaking my head last night with this haha
    Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
    My Website: https://theindiedev.com

Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

Comment

Version 1.15 has been submitted to the Marketplace.

Change Log:
      • New Feature! Added syncing of Movement Mode (animations).
      • New Feature! Added automatic syncing for velocity of Movement Controllers for animations like walking / running in Third Person Template.
      • Fix for owner time becoming off after some length of time which caused syncing to become erratic.
      I know a lot of people have been waiting for the new feature of animation syncing and for a fix for time becoming off. I'll message each of you after it becomes accepted. It's usually about a day or two for them to accept it.
      Last edited by fuestrine; 04-25-2019, 02:37 AM.
      Sync your transforms Smoothly across the network.

Comment

Ramasurinen e3pojedi pDunkl tschmi22 BioXide
        All of your problems should be fixed with the new version of Smooth Sync (1.15) that is available on the Marketplace. Change log is in the above comment.

You shouldn't need work arounds any more for any of your problems or added features. Let me know if there are any outstanding issues after updating Smooth Sync.
        Last edited by fuestrine; 04-25-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Thank you, the update sounds very promising.
          Your support for the plugin is just awesome!

[PLUGIN] Free Radar Chart Widget

Comment

Thanks! Very nice
            Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
            My Website: https://theindiedev.com

Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

Comment

Version 1.16 has been submitted to the Marketplace.

Change log:
              • Added option to not sync Movement Mode when using a Character Controller.
              • Now automatically sends a State if Movement Mode changes so that animations line up better.
              • Better comments and renamed some of the internal use variables.

Comment

Version 1.17 has been submitted to the Marketplace.

Change log:
                • Fix for setting velocity to angular velocity when compressed.
                • Fix for syncing chosen scene component's primitive component.

Comment

Version 1.18 has been submitted to the Marketplace.

Change log:
                  • Fix for if custom Scene Component To Sync is set before BeginPlay() is called.
                  Last edited by fuestrine; 05-05-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Hi, Sorry to bother you but, i would like to know if it is possible to force smooth interpolation regardless of error distance. I am trying to smoothly rotate a vehicle, but movement is jittery and i am not sure which parameter to modify. Here is a short .avi showing the jittery rotation https://drive.google.com/open?id=109...uhBLXBbW0Jj66I

Thank you in advance!

Comment

caryest
                      What is "error distance"?

Is this video showing single player and your locally owned vehicle? Smooth Sync works by syncing objects in a multiplayer setting.

If it's a locally controlled vehicle, you probably are just rotating without using delta time. Do something like Rotation = Rotation + speed * deltaTime.

Comment

caryest
                        What is "error distance"?

Is this video showing single player and your locally owned vehicle? Smooth Sync works by syncing objects in a multiplayer setting.

If it's a locally controlled vehicle, you probably are just rotating without using delta time. Do something like Rotation = Rotation + speed * deltaTime.
                        By error distance i meant rotation difference between server and client. It looks like there wans't any type of interpolation.

Here you can see another video showing the two players: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pqa7MgdyQPL6WOZ9i1d4Uv7XaISg-zbd

The video shows a second player placed on top of a vehicle controlled by another player using a dedicated server. I am applying the rotation like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rotation.png Views:	1 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	1616401
                        Last edited by caryest; 05-07-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

caryest
                          Default settings should work. I'll check some things out tonight to make sure it's all still working as expected with dedicated server.

One thing may be that you still have Replicate Movement checked. You'll want to uncheck that as Smooth Sync will be handling that behavior and they may be fighting each other to set the position/rotation of the object.

Another thing you may want to check is that your movement code isn't trying to move the ships on your clients because Smooth Sync should also be the only one handling that (if the server is the owner or there is no owner for the ship that is).

Comment

caryest
                            Default settings should work. I'll check some things out tonight to make sure it's all still working as expected with dedicated server.

One thing may be that you still have Replicate Movement checked. You'll want to uncheck that as Smooth Sync will be handling that behavior and they may be fighting each other to set the position/rotation of the object.

Another thing you may want to check is that your movement code isn't trying to move the ships on your clients because Smooth Sync should also be the only one handling that (if the server is the owner or there is no owner for the ship that is).
                            Nevermind, i think it is something related to the character, ship rotation is smoothly replicated, thank you so much for the help!

Comment

caryest
                              That's great to hear! If you like my support and my product, every 5 star rating helps us get noticed a bit more.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Hey there!
                                I purchased your plugin, I'm trying to set it up for a VR game. The problem I'm getting is that the objects that I'm using the SmoothSync component on are very choppy. I tried simulating physics upon release of an object on both server and client and then only on owner. I messed around with all the parameters but I can't improve it... I also set interpolation parameters to do as much smoothing as possible... I still see it choppy. (I'm using it on a specific component with SetSceneComponentToSync function)

Comment

Working...
                                X