MSS: Modular Snap System Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSwigart View Post
    Does the snapping functionality work in the blueprint editor window?
    I think it will not work in the blueprint editor viewport. Probably you could place your bp into a level, select, move and snap its components then apply the changes to the blueprint (there is a button above the properties panel for doing that).
    Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
    Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
    TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

This plugin really saved many time.
      It will be more helpful if the nearest snap socket is highlighted before snapping.
      Or showing a shadow on target snapping place like Modular Snap System Runtime doing.

Comment

Originally posted by drawmindmap View Post
        This plugin really saved many time.
        It will be more helpful if the nearest snap socket is highlighted before snapping.
        Or showing a shadow on target snapping place like Modular Snap System Runtime doing.
        Hi, I was thinking about it too. I think it can be very helpful. I don't have time right now but I hope to add it in the future.

Comment

Hello,

It doesn't work for me, nothing snap, i created sockets, but it's not working at all...

I have no other plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrax View Post
            Hello,

It doesn't work for me, nothing snap, i created sockets, but it's not working at all...

I have no other plugins.
            Does the example project work? Do you have simple collision defined and enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrax View Post
              Make sure to name the socket properly (has to start with "Base", e.g. "Base_01") and keep in mind that the red axis arrow determines the direction.
              e.g. take a wall mesh, place two sockets, one on each side, rotated with the red arrow pointing outwards, name them "Base_L" and "Base_R" - and that should be it.
              [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
              [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
              [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

@scha: Really like the Plugin, bought it through a Reddit post a while back.
                I have a question and a request.

1. Do you know of any tools to make socket placement easier?
                I'd like to be able to place two meshes in the scene, add a dummy object where I want the socket to be placed, and then with the press of a button have sockets added to both selected meshes at the appropriate relative locations (saved to the asset). I'm guessing the new editor scripting should be able to do that, but so far haven't found anything.

2. If you find the time, could you take a look if your tool could be made compatible with the free Prefabricator plugin?
                https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp.../prefabricator
                Right now it's possible to snap a static mesh / regular actor to a prefab, but (understandably) there's no snapping when dragging a prefab.
                I know, it's one of those "not my business if it's not working with some other tool", but would be really cool if it worked.

[Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
                  @scha: Really like the Plugin, bought it through a Reddit post a while back.
                  I have a question and a request.

1. Do you know of any tools to make socket placement easier?
                  I'd like to be able to place two meshes in the scene, add a dummy object where I want the socket to be placed, and then with the press of a button have sockets added to both selected meshes at the appropriate relative locations (saved to the asset). I'm guessing the new editor scripting should be able to do that, but so far haven't found anything.

2. If you find the time, could you take a look if your tool could be made compatible with the free Prefabricator plugin?
                  https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp.../prefabricator
                  Right now it's possible to snap a static mesh / regular actor to a prefab, but (understandably) there's no snapping when dragging a prefab.
                  I know, it's one of those "not my business if it's not working with some other tool", but would be really cool if it worked.
                  Hi and thank you!

1. I don't know if editor scripting can add sockets now, if it can that it would be pretty easy to do it like you described. Or you could use copy-paste socket MSS option maybe? I should look into that I think.
                  2. I remember I tried this plugin in the past and I believe it worked? But it was maybe a year ago or more. Did you tried enabling "snap attached"? I did it with this kind of plugins in mind: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...12#post1575312

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post
                    1. I don't know if editor scripting can add sockets now, if it can that it would be pretty easy to do it like you described. Or you could use copy-paste socket MSS option maybe? I should look into that I think.
                    Copying with relative origin seems to do the trick.

Originally posted by scha View Post
                    I remember I tried this plugin in the past and I believe it worked? But it was maybe a year ago or more. Did you tried enabling "snap attached"?
                    That worked, too!
                    For some reason, though, when any object snaps to a Prefab, the dragged object gets nested within that Prefab (not a big issue as it can be rearranged in the World Outliner). Edit: just found out, that's a setting, too.
                    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 11-20-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X