Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MKamps View Post
    Hi!

I have a problem with the shadows using the auto day/night cycle. If I remove any directional light from my level, the moving sun will not illuminate anything or cast any shadows.
    If i enable my old "sun" directional light set to moveable, there are shadows and illumination, but the shadow doesn't move.
    If I attach my sun directional light via "Refresh sky shader --> "Directional Light actor" I now see the sun at the position of my directional light but it isn't moving since "enable day/night cycle" becomes unchecked and inactive.

I am just starting out with unreal, so I hope it's something stupid and simple I just missed out so far...
    Thanks for your help!
    You have to make the directional light movable instead of stationary. Just click directional light and change the mobility of it.

Comment

Linear color curves now accurately handle RGB values > 1. If you were relying on HSV clamping, please update Curve_GoodSky_horizon_Color
      Linear color curves now accurately handle RGB values > 1. If you were relying on HSV clamping, please update Curve_GoodSky_AllOverlayColor
      Linear color curves now accurately handle RGB values > 1. If you were relying on HSV clamping, please update Curve_GoodSky_BaseCloudColor
      Linear color curves now accurately handle RGB values > 1. If you were relying on HSV clamping, please update Curve_GoodSky_DomeColor

Anyone know why i am getting this with the latest version?

I am using a tiled large map. Everything still work correctly so far but i get that at loading.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey there,

I'm trying to use the BP_GoodSky for the first time in a project made in Unreal Engine 4 version 4.22.3 however I'm getting some weird artifacts. I've attached a screenshot that shows what's happening, basically there's a bunch of white shapes.

I've gone through the documentation at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mIn...n-uM3Ny7F/view but it doesn't mention anything about this. I'm using version 2.0 of GoodSky in my project. Any help is greatly appreciated if anyone else has run into this issue!

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf-Ismail View Post
          Hey there,

I'm trying to use the BP_GoodSky for the first time in a project made in Unreal Engine 4 version 4.22.3 however I'm getting some weird artifacts. I've attached a screenshot that shows what's happening, basically there's a bunch of white shapes.

I've gone through the documentation at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mIn...n-uM3Ny7F/view but it doesn't mention anything about this. I'm using version 2.0 of GoodSky in my project. Any help is greatly appreciated if anyone else has run into this issue!
          The white shapes are the default BP_sky_sphere skybox, you just need to delete it from the outliner.

4.23 Project, default level with the goodsky blueprint, its casting shadows when my directional light is set to stationary or moveable for some reason. It looks like is enabled but setting the goodsky materials to unlit doesn't seem to fix it. Any idea what is happening here or how to fix it?

Update: I'm using ray tracing in my project and had to either disable 'cast ray tracing shadow' on my directional light or 'cast ray traced shadow' on the skybox sphere inside BP_Goodsky to allow light and shadows to work in my project
          Last edited by dareece; 10-20-2019, 08:21 PM. Reason: Found solution for my problem

Comment

Originally posted by dareece View Post

The white shapes are the default BP_sky_sphere skybox, you just need to delete it from the outliner.
            Thanks dareece! That did the trick, really appreciate the guidance.

Comment

Hi, added Goodsky to my scene and im getting "BP_GoodSky_305 Static mesh actor has NULL StaticMesh property" as an error when i build lighting. is this a 'feature' or is there a missing mesh with the latest version of Goodsky? ive looked through the components in the bp and can only find one with no mesh which is "Sky Ring".

Comment

Another thing that is happening when i build is the Directional Lighting's transform rotation is being reset from the values i give it to (Pitch=0.000000,Yaw=-179.999969,Roll=0.000000). tried looking in the blueprint to see what might be causing this but cant find anything. This is being affected with the Enable Auto Day / Night Cycle being enabled.

Comment

Hi there U N E A S Y,

Thank you for this tool, it's quite good!

Question : Is there a way for me to animate your blueprint through the Sequencer? (time of day)
                  Can I do it through any of the Components shown (see screenshot)

Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodSky_Sequencer.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1684539

I tried most of them and no one seemed to be keyframable

Please let me know if there's a way to do so

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi, great asset.
                    I've run into a few problems.
                    1. The sunset/sunrise look appears too early at sunrise and too late at sunset.
                    2. When the sun comes up and down, it reaches a point where it gets cut off. This means that from a high point, as the sun sets it suddenly disappears behind an imaginary line.

Also, is there any way to blend the cloud coverage? I want to use it for a nice sometimes clear, sometimes heavy blend.
                    Thanks!

edit: I've fixed problem 1, but I'm still encountering problem 2.
                    Last edited by DETERMINATOR20; 11-10-2019, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X