No announcement yet.

Goodsky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to make some lights turn on automatically at night and haven't had any luck. The solution we come up with should probably work with any light really. Lamps, Porch Lights, Car Lights, etc..Anyone else? I'm attempting to use the get current time of day from the good sky bp.

Comment

I've adjusted everything. This is the current node structure. Still nothing happens when it turns night. The spot lights on my actor are set as visibility off as default. This should be turning them on based on the arrow tool rotation? Help guys!!

Comment

So Far, I can have a NICE Daytime rotation but no Moon at all, Set it up to moon and have no Stars. a Video by anyone who got this setup with Sun, Moon, and Stars please do share any info you have on getting this to work. I would appreciate it

Comment

Hi, in my project, when I change the sky type, it won't change the global illumination, only changes the sky. What I need to do to sky affects the global illumination?

thanks

Comment

Hi,
            How can I make smooth transition between different clouds style ?
            Last edited by antonis74; 07-03-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

First off, great job on the project it looks amazing. I just have one question that I'm sure I could work around but I want to see if I'm just missing something first. Is there a way to make the lightning less frequent? I found turning down intensity helps but I'd like to keep the intensity high so the lightning is very clear but appear much less often because it seems much more aggressive than I would expect. Thank in advance

Comment

Hi,

Love the product, hoping you could assist with some guidance as to how I can get something to work. I've been wondering how I could add sound effects to the Storm Preset? Adding queued sounds to the lighting would just round it off for me.

Hope this gets to you well.

Regards,
                Jayden

Comment

Hey guys,
                  I'm having a weird problem for which I can't find a solution with GoodSky.
                  After dragging the BP into my level I can select it in the World Outliner and check/uncheck the "Enable TIme of Day" and play with the "Time of Day" value but, as soon as I hit play then I stop the game to come back into the Editor, these two options does not work anymore. The check box stays checked or unchecked (depending on how it was when I hit play) and the time of day value always come back to zero no matter what.
                  The only way to be able to change these values again is to delete the BP from the scene and drag it back but, again, this only work until I hit play and then it does not work anymore.
                  Any idea? I'm running 4.22.3
                  Thanks

Comment

Hey there, I've got a game set on a train and was wanting to move the skybox to show movement but no matter what I add in the blueprint (all set to moveable) nothing happens. Any advice is appreciated .

Comment

enable time of day will not allow me to check it - WHY - I've reloaded latest version dropped into scene added dir light but it will not allow me to enable the time of day checkbox so i can animate the time of day in Sequencer

Comment

Hi guys!
                        I'm getting this warning in the console: "BP_GoodSky_2 Large actor receives a pre-shadow and will cause an extreme performance hit unless bCastDynamicShadow is set to false."
                        How to solve it?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xpgained View Post

This is the auto exposure of the camera I believe. you can turn it off in the settings tab under rendering.
                          I've got the same issue. Any help?

Comment

yea it seems as if you have "none" for directional light , then you can select some of the presets other than "custom from time of day" . But then you get no sun movement. I can select midnight moon from preset, and I will see moon overhead , but no sky movement or moon movement. if my "directional light" is put in there, then it is only "custom from time of day" , which works well and looks nice with sun movement , But I cant get any moon then.

Comment

Would be nice if I could get a bit darker nights , but that may be something else.

Comment

Also the sun rises in west and sets in east for me as well. I see one can make some changes directly on the blueprint gizmo that is put on the level, but none of it seems to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X