• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Goodsky

GOOD SKY v2.3 (Updated March 22,2019)
    Permanently Free Content from March 1st, 2019

Purpose:
    • Quick and easy sky effects for artist.
    Features:
    • Day / Night / Star / Moon / Sun / Storm.
    • Over 20 Sky Preset.
    • 4 Mode clouds style.
    • 6 Mode clouds coverage rate.
    • Material base on opaque and unlit mode.
    • Time of Day system.
    • Random Weather System.
    • Support Attach Direction Light.
    • Supported VR / Mobile Platform.
    • Day / Night Cycle(v2.3 beta)

Gallery:

Supported Development Platforms: Window / Mobile / VR

Supported Engine Version : 4.18~4.22
    Any questions or comments you may have, please feel free to ask or follow the email linked below!

Support Email: feeling94750@gmail.com

More Information : Marketplace page
    Last edited by U N E A S Y; 06-06-2019, 12:25 PM.
    GOOD JUMP PAD | GOOD Particle : Projectile / GOOD Particle : Status
    GOOD UI ICON TRAIL / GOOD Rain / GOOD Particle : Beam And Ray
    GOOD Wing

Hi, thank you for the great looking skies!

I have a question on how to implement the automatic time of day. The time of day doesn't seem to move. Here is what I've done.
    1. I dragged BP_GoodSky onto my level.
    2. Under "Sky Global Setting" I've selected the following options:
      1. Directional Light Actor:
        1. Tried with a directional light that was placed into the world
        2. Tried leaving it set to None.
      2. Enable Time Of Day: Checked
      3. Sky Preset: Custom Mode (From Time Function)
      4. Sky Mesh: Sphere
      5. Global Time Speed:
        1. Tried setting this to -1, 1, 2, 10. (2 is maximum according to documentation but it lets me set to 10 so thought I'd try it).

I assumed the above setup would move time automatically based on the selected speed but nothing seemed to change over time. I also tried programmatically updating time of day on tick to cycle 0 -> 24 and that didn't do anything.

Comment

i'm currently getting the same issue. any advice would be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by dustycoder View Post
        Hi, thank you for the great looking skies!

I have a question on how to implement the automatic time of day. The time of day doesn't seem to move. Here is what I've done.
        1. I dragged BP_GoodSky onto my level.
        2. Under "Sky Global Setting" I've selected the following options:
          1. Directional Light Actor:
            1. Tried with a directional light that was placed into the world
            2. Tried leaving it set to None.
          2. Enable Time Of Day: Checked
          3. Sky Preset: Custom Mode (From Time Function)
          4. Sky Mesh: Sphere
          5. Global Time Speed:
            1. Tried setting this to -1, 1, 2, 10. (2 is maximum according to documentation but it lets me set to 10 so thought I'd try it).

I assumed the above setup would move time automatically based on the selected speed but nothing seemed to change over time. I also tried programmatically updating time of day on tick to cycle 0 -> 24 and that didn't do anything.
        hi, sorry ,Global Time Speed is about texture move speed. (this is a unclear name,it's my fault.)
        i have updated a version and fixed that..
        you need to check the box in auto day/ night cycle (new version)if you want to change sky in real time.
        Last edited by U N E A S Y; 03-21-2019, 04:35 PM.
        GOOD JUMP PAD | GOOD Particle : Projectile / GOOD Particle : Status
        GOOD UI ICON TRAIL / GOOD Rain / GOOD Particle : Beam And Ray
        GOOD Wing

Comment

Hi!

I have a problem with the shadows using the auto day/night cycle. If I remove any directional light from my level, the moving sun will not illuminate anything or cast any shadows.
          If i enable my old "sun" directional light set to moveable, there are shadows and illumination, but the shadow doesn't move.
          If I attach my sun directional light via "Refresh sky shader --> "Directional Light actor" I now see the sun at the position of my directional light but it isn't moving since "enable day/night cycle" becomes unchecked and inactive.

I am just starting out with unreal, so I hope it's something stupid and simple I just missed out so far...
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

where would i start to look to add thunder to my lightning... very cool stuff dude, thanks for sharing... (smile)

Comment

Originally posted by MKamps View Post
              Hi!

I have a problem with the shadows using the auto day/night cycle. If I remove any directional light from my level, the moving sun will not illuminate anything or cast any shadows.
              If i enable my old "sun" directional light set to moveable, there are shadows and illumination, but the shadow doesn't move.
              If I attach my sun directional light via "Refresh sky shader --> "Directional Light actor" I now see the sun at the position of my directional light but it isn't moving since "enable day/night cycle" becomes unchecked and inactive.

I am just starting out with unreal, so I hope it's something stupid and simple I just missed out so far...
              Thanks for your help!
              Same issue here.. can't seem to be able to illuminate the scene just goodsky, with or without a attached direct light on it. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use Skylight or something else combined with it? Thans

Comment

Hello.
                1) Thanks for great mod
                2) How to connect my game timer and goodsky timer?

Comment

In need of advice,

So how can this be confined to a single map in world composition? I have 2 maps out of 16 that needs to stay stormy while others need clear skies. I have the other 14 set up with a day/night cycle but without much clouds. When I place this on the 2 (individually, not from persistent level) maps that need to have storms, the size of the blueprint consumes a block of 10 maps and is visible from the farthest corner of the persistent level. Is there a way to resize the blueprint?

Comment

Hey UNEASY, I've added GOODSKY_BP into my game world, and the sun is currently rising/setting from West to East instead of East to West. Is there a way for me to reverse that? Rotating the BP and the it's associated Directional Light 180 degrees along Z seems to have no affect on which direction the sun moves across the sky, please help! Thanks, and keep up the awesome work.

Comment

My night scenes constantly get brighter and I have day/night turned off, the sky keeps getting brighter.

Comment

Hi All,
                        How can I set up this amazing product to increase the light when the lightning strikes?
                        Thanks in advance!
                        Gabor

Comment

Awesome Asset! But I cannot change settings on half of the options when adjusting Sky Presets (Always reverts back to what it was stated when installed). I cannot for life of me, get the Moon to show / work - Only the sun will work, but gets lighting from under the world showing through on objects.

Any help appreciated

Comment

if you enable moon there are no stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrminecraftwizz1 View Post
                              My night scenes constantly get brighter and I have day/night turned off, the sky keeps getting brighter.
                              This is the auto exposure of the camera I believe. you can turn it off in the settings tab under rendering.
                              Last edited by xpgained; 06-17-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X