Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PolyPhorie View Post
    Hello..
    As a potential customer let me explain briefly why I want to buy only the female models.

Current offer is 377,00EUR and I don't really need male models, hence why I rather opt for something less pricey. Because I spawn AI at run-time, it is unclear how reliable combinations of various body parts will function, I experienced problems with this in the past.

The idea to use your partially modular gear system as a basis for or a player character inventory and equipment solution would mean considerable extra work, since legs and boots are combined, and your pack is optimized for your models only, not designed to be as compatible as possible.

With the amount of content and setup comes an additional amount of time commitment to integrate it into existing AI ecosystems, which means likely up to two weeks of time to shift through textures, optimize resolutions, discard unused materials and meshes, to move blueprint code, and so on.

Then there is a lack of face expressions and faces in general. Usually it doesn't have to be an entirely different face, but once you notice that every single male has the same two noes, you cannot make it unseen.

I am willing to pay 100,00EUR for the female NPC's, and look forward to buy them asap. If you look at similar offers this is usually the price range. However, everything above this would make me wait for a discount, or settle with alternatives due to the reasons outlined.

If you ask me as a customer I suggest the following:
    Provide an entry level pack with a basic male/female model and some basic cloths, as modular as possible, so that I can work with the content with other UE default assets. As mentioned, it is unclear how reliable master posing works, when spawning your NPC's at runtime.

Another big incentive for me would be if packs are designed/optimized for player gear, so that you can attach meshes to the main character, but not built around your system, because unless you start from scratch most developers likely have already something in place for AI, and especially for the player.

Last edited by unit23; 11-26-2019, 07:50 AM.
    [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
      As a potential customer let me explain briefly why I want to buy only the female models.
      [...]
      Hello Unit 23,

many thanks for your feedback. The pack recieved it's final update for 2020 and we have other priorities right now.
      We have a very happy customer base. Please don't compare our products with other products on the marketplace - or at least try to judge it fair.

As the pack title says it's an" NPC" product not a "player gear" pack. Which we will do in another product at one point in the future.

Maybe next year but we are right now on other Projects. Btw the pack is on sale.
      Last edited by PolyPhorie; 11-26-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Hello, I've just bought the pack, but I'm having difficulties applying animations to the NPC. The models uses a skeleton that is slightly different from the UE4 mannequin and I can't apply the animations to it. Also when I try to switch to "Use animation asset" from the drop down menu of the NPC, it won't let me do it and switch back to "Use animation blueprint", but if I create and anim blueprint with the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton as skeletal mesh, I can't apply it to the NPC.

How do I solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lux87 View Post
          Hello, I've just bought the pack, but I'm having difficulties applying animations to the NPC. The models uses a skeleton that is slightly different from the UE4 mannequin and I can't apply the animations to it. Also when I try to switch to "Use animation asset" from the drop down menu of the NPC, it won't let me do it and switch back to "Use animation blueprint", but if I create and anim blueprint with the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton as skeletal mesh, I can't apply it to the NPC.

How do I solve this?
          Hello Lux87,

We fixed that issue regarding the animation assets and gonna publish a new update early next year - unfortunatelly it was slipping through our hands with the latest big update.
          The female uses now her own unique Skeleton - these proportions/transformation of bones) need to be slight different from the default skeleton to ensure a femnim apperance.

The skeleton has the same structure and it's very close to the default epic skeleton - we added additional facial bones - thats why it's not showing up per default.
          You have to retarget the animation : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ger/index.html

Uncheck the Box "Show only compatible Skeletons", it is pretty straightforward.

Feel free to sent me a PM with your email adress an i sent you a uasset fix to apply anim assets.

Cheers

Comment

Do you have a projected date for the update that was flagged for "early this year" and can you confirm this will be for 4.24.x ? I already own the pack and am about to do a major rework of the NPC interaction which already uses these assets and I'm considering modifying the Player Character (which is a VR pawn) to use it as well. But I want to hold off until you make the next release. Should I work on another area or will the pack be out soon?

Comment

Hello Light Shock,

We are working on these updates besides our fulltime jobs. I expect it happen in early February.

Im also happy to announce that we are planing to add seperate boots as well.
              A lot of customers were asking for this it and we decided to rebake these parts. Old leg parts stay alive and will be avaliable as well.
              New slots will be integratet as trousers and shoes. We added one additonal shoe/boot.

It's up to you how you use that system to distribute these items.

Happy new Year!

Cheers,
              Polyp
              Attached Files
              Last edited by PolyPhorie; 01-06-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                I just want to use one of your ExampleNPCs and switch Animation Mode to Use Animation Asset - but it just switches back. (I can't switch Anim Class either)

I'm new to unreal so please don't assume I know anything, but I've at least set different animations to other characters. (I've just done a couple of tutorial series)
                If you could please record a youtube video or be as thorough as possible with clear pictures on each step.
                It's quite frustrating since I paid quite a lot just to get these characters to populate a village with a single loop, but can't get that very basic thing to work.

here's a gif of my problem.
                https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eW...ngg7fjb8gaZGls

Thanks

Comment

I know you must be close to shipping but can I put in a last minute plea for you to separate the hand meshes into Left and right rather than together - I'm doing a VR version and it will make motion controller set up a lot easier if the hand meshes are not linked.

Comment

Hello Mr Light_Shock. I'll incorperate this in our next 4.24 submit.
                    The female skeleton has slightly changed - in case you use female animations, these need to retarget with the upcoming upgrade. Ill inform you once the new version is live.

Cheers

Comment

Version for 4. 24 & 4.25 are submitted.
                      Lot of fixes from the last six month.

- removed two year old skinparts
                      - added pants/shoes
                      - compatibel with Medieval Armour and Character Editor
                      - adjusted female Skeleton to fit Epic skeleton Bone rotation standarts

Please dont forget to setup the gameplaytags after integrating new content ( read documentation)

We will let you know once the new version is live.

Best,
                      Thomas

Comment

Is there a video anywhere of someone using this thing and putting together a character so people new to UE4 can see how it's done? I really want to buy it but i've been burned before where I buy something from the marketplace, can't get it working on my project cod i'm new and then i've lost money on something and the price of this is so high it would be a serious sucker punch to get it and not know how it works. I've never used anything modular before, I've only ever used full characters.
                        Last edited by Righteous Wrath; 05-07-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to thank you for the 4.24, 4.25 upgrade. I know you have been working hard to bring everything up to date and aligned and we haven't always been patient. A big refactoring like that is tough but will I'm sure be worth the effort.

Comment

I'm getting some off edge glow effects on fe_citezen_03 - at the edge of the hat and around the eyes. It does not show too strongly in the image here but when I'm up close in VR its is very evident. Its like there is a light inside her which is leaking out.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	hateyes.png
Views:	39
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	1763287

Comment

hi - just getting back into this after a year of focusing on other things. Was thrown by the link on the Marketplace site pointing to the old 4.20 version of the documentation not the latest 4.21 - 21. Sep. 2019, version. Could you update the marketplace site so others don't hit the same problem.

Comment

Maybe now you have a wider range of products and its all up to date it might be worth you getting a discord channel. Works well for a lot of the other marketplace content I have.

Comment

Working...
                                X