Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey!

so a bit of luck- disabled the plugin and restarted and re-enabled and pop things started to do stuff!

I think im going to need to dig in a bit and follow the example on the demo project a bit to get the slots working but yeah it showed a saving message and seemed to teleport the character so all good

Thanks for the help on this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look in your output log panel... There should be something in there, a warning or error about something.
    Turn on "Debug" option on the slot asset and deep logs to catch c++ warnings. Save slots have their own log category for filtering.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi

Thanks for the assistance on this - so i set this up on the player controller - and still no dice - the fail print screens are hit. Must be something key I'm missing?

I think something strange is afoot - any ideas?

thanks!

(PS. I think i need to follow a setup guide again - i had this working a while back with an earlier version of savior - is there a setup doc I can grab a link too - im sure its something obvious im missing ! )

Last edited by mothergoose; 11-02-2020, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're not using the async nodes you have to create an instance of the slot object before you use it:

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    Try to do this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_155847.png
Views:	134
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1748305

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would it be possible to see a simple example of this?

Getting a bit lost!

Setup a simple keypress save here. Have set 'savegame' as one of the tags on my primary actor
    for some reason its not kicking in

Can you do a quick demo of that defaults picker setup on a basic widget?

do I need to fire up anything when spawning the widget?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The slot is a rooted object, so you can reference a slot asset directly from your defaults picker.
    It's weird, but saves a lot of headaches when dealing with UMG

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (Solved)

Hi there

I have configured a simple slot and set it to load instance

I'm a little stuck on how to setup my own UMG slot screen - in the instructions its showing that it is using a reference to Savior
    How am I referencing that?

Here is the example:

Does my UMG widget need to be passed that savior reference? is there maybe a get savior on the player controller?

I'm probably missing something obvious here

Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I'm an idiot - and have seen that it has the slot refs under the default values.
    Last edited by mothergoose; 11-02-2020, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The link is on Marketplace page for demo project:

https://www.dropbox.com/Demo_UE_4.45

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there an up-to-date demo of this somewhere? the old demo projects are no longer available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can modify source to make it recursive where you need it, but doing that is very very dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi again!

Am I missing something or does this not handle FStruct with Array of FStruct? Is it not recursive? I'm on 4.24 version. Looking over the code for loading JSon into UProperty I track it to here

Code:
    if (!FJsonObjectConverter::JsonValueToUProperty(JValue, array_Ptr->Inner, Helper.GetRawPtr(I), 0, SkipFlags))
    So my UStruct has a Tarray<UStruct> member in it. Doesn't seem to go past this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Email me the logs and screenshots of your node graphs.
    hi,
    I sent you the email.
    thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Email me the logs and screenshots of your node graphs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi ,
    the save and load works fine during gameplay but once I exit the game and enter it again it crashes on startup and I received the message below
    I did test on mobile and pc package and its the same.
    could you advice me please.
    Thanks

LoginId:ee7fc34f4e35a93f55c8cf874b0834e6
    EpicAccountId:cbc9c62ad5e5413cbe49fdc5d216f556

Assertion failed: IsInGameThread() [FileD:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/UObject/UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 1066] Unable to load /Engine/Transient. Objects and Packages can only be loaded from the game thread.

UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_JsonUtilities
    UE4Editor_JsonUtilities
    UE4Editor_JsonUtilities
    UE4Editor_JsonUtilities
    UE4Editor_JsonUtilities
    UE4Editor_JsonUtilities
    UE4Editor_Savior3!Reflector::JSONToFProperty() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Savior\Source\Savior3\Private\Reflector.cpp:930]
    UE4Editor_Savior3!USavior3::UnpackRecord_Object() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Savior\Source\Savior3\Private\Savior3.cpp:1817]
    UE4Editor_Savior3!USavior3::LoadGameInstanceSingleTon() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Savior\Source\Savior3\Private\Savior3.cpp:1134]
    UE4Editor_Savior3!DeserializeGameInstance() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Savior\Source\Savior3\Public\Savior3.h:1728]
    UE4Editor_Savior3!FAutoDeleteAsyncTask<TASK_DeserializeGameInstance>: : DoWork() [D:\RocketSync\4.25.0-13144385+++UE4+Release-4.25\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\AsyncWork.h:100]
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    kernel32
    ntdll

Leave a comment:

• replied

What are you doing after "Read Slot" node?
    That node loads the SaveGame object, but it doesn't apply changes to anything yet.

You must use "Load Game Instance" node instead:

https://brunoxavierleite.github.io/S...eInstance.html

This node already makes a call to "Read Slot", so if you use a Read Slot node before this node, the file on disk will be locked from reads and the node will fail.
    thank you so much its working.
    best

Leave a comment:

Working...
X