No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] Savior 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an up-to-date demo of this somewhere? the old demo projects are no longer available.

Comment

The link is on Marketplace page for demo project:

https://www.dropbox.com/Demo_UE_4.45
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

(Solved)

Hi there

I have configured a simple slot and set it to load instance

I'm a little stuck on how to setup my own UMG slot screen - in the instructions its showing that it is using a reference to Savior
        How am I referencing that?

Here is the example:

Does my UMG widget need to be passed that savior reference? is there maybe a get savior on the player controller?

I'm probably missing something obvious here

Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I'm an idiot - and have seen that it has the slot refs under the default values.
        Last edited by mothergoose; 11-02-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

The slot is a rooted object, so you can reference a slot asset directly from your defaults picker.
          It's weird, but saves a lot of headaches when dealing with UMG
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Would it be possible to see a simple example of this?

Getting a bit lost!

Setup a simple keypress save here. Have set 'savegame' as one of the tags on my primary actor
            for some reason its not kicking in

Can you do a quick demo of that defaults picker setup on a basic widget?

do I need to fire up anything when spawning the widget?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

If you're not using the async nodes you have to create an instance of the slot object before you use it:

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
              Try to do this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_155847.png
Views:	134
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1748305

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the assistance on this - so i set this up on the player controller - and still no dice - the fail print screens are hit. Must be something key I'm missing?

I think something strange is afoot - any ideas?

thanks!

(PS. I think i need to follow a setup guide again - i had this working a while back with an earlier version of savior - is there a setup doc I can grab a link too - im sure its something obvious im missing ! )

Last edited by mothergoose; 11-02-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Look in your output log panel... There should be something in there, a warning or error about something.
                  Turn on "Debug" option on the slot asset and deep logs to catch c++ warnings. Save slots have their own log category for filtering.

Comment

Hey!

so a bit of luck- disabled the plugin and restarted and re-enabled and pop things started to do stuff!

I think im going to need to dig in a bit and follow the example on the demo project a bit to get the slots working but yeah it showed a saving message and seemed to teleport the character so all good

Thanks for the help on this!

Comment

Working...
                    X