[PLUGIN] Savior 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AscendantDavid View Post
    I've been trying to integrate Savior 2 into my company's game. We're using world composition for level streaming. When we try to save the world with Savior 2, we get a crash in one of the Savior 2 worker threads. I tried turning on debug logging but don't get any information. How can I debug this crash or at least work around it?
    I can take a look if you email me crash logs.
    Without more info, I can only assume you are trying to call save/load functions while your levels are stream in progress.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hi, Bruno

First of all thanks for the very handy and useful plugin, it does save a lot of time

I'm a "BP only" guy and relatively new to the plugin itself, so pardon for a dumb question: I've got an error when trying to run a dedicated server from editor via command line. I'm not using the plugin this project, just have it activated in plugins section. Did you encounter this behavior? (after clicking ok DS starts and runs smoothly)

Thank you in advance for your answer
      Attached Files

Comment

Plugin not built for dedicated server.

​​​​​​It tries to load some default engine assets that won't exist on a dedicated server build.

The plugin's loading screen system is what tries to load that font type.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Is there a way to still use it for the game that's intended to run with DS?

Comment

I will upload an update this week, with a check if build is server then that error won't happen anymore.

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

Roland_Price what engine version you use?

Comment

Currently 4.24.3, thinking of migrating to 4.25

Comment

Okay, update is doable. I can't upload to Marketplace anymore updates for engines that are too old (updates are locked).

Comment

Sure thing, it's a large overhead maintaining a long list of versions

Comment

Roland_Price The update is already up on Marketplace; Epic was fast this time.

Comment

Well, that was REALLY fast. Thanks, the warning is gone now, I'll test the workflow and let you know in case anything comes up

Comment

I read through the documentation but I am having trouble understanding how to pass to "Load actor" its "Data"
                            Could someone please give an example / point me to one?
                            Edit: I found the correct button to "Set Savior record structure (by ref)" using the Event "Savior on finish respawn".
                            I'll still leave the comment in case someone is as new as me and stumbles here.

By the way great plugin
                            Last edited by Ipols_; 07-03-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipols_ View Post
                              I read through the documentation but I am having trouble understanding how to pass to "Load actor" its "Data"
                              Could someone please give an example / point me to one?
                              Edit: I found the correct button to "Set Savior record structure (by ref)" using the Event "Savior on finish respawn".
                              I'll still leave the comment in case someone is as new as me and stumbles here.

By the way great plugin
                              Respawn event only happens for dynamically respawned actors that are restored from a record in a slot file.
                              If you are not restoring actors using the respawn interface, but still wants to load an individual actor, you use another "Load Actor" which isn't static, it requires a slot reference and no slot data.

Here's quick example:

Comment

Hi Bruno,

I have a quick question, apologies if you have answered it already.

Is there a way to customize or subclass the slot meta without editing your source? There is a few additional fields i would like to store on it. If not, i guess i will just have to modify the source, not a huge deal.

Thanks,
                                TressFX For Unreal | Morph Tools Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X