No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] Savior 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrUnO XaVIeR that fixed the compatibility issue! Thanks for the awesome support!
    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Can I see an image of how game instance is saved and stream levels please?
      Also does a slot need to be put in the game world for reference or something to start this?

Comment

Originally posted by kmaster30 View Post
        Can I see an image of how game instance is saved and stream levels please?
        Also does a slot need to be put in the game world for reference or something to start this?
        Slots can't be placed in world, that was old plugin version when it was an Actor.

There is a node in plugin called "Save Game Instance", to do exactly that: save the game instance.

There's a demo project with all important nodes in use for reference.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

@BrUnO XaVIeR Hello i have trouble with the plugin , i saw on previous post the fact the plugin dont save static mesh attached to an actor but we could bypass that by saving the static mesh in a saved var and then set back the static mesh model with the loaded one .

Lets explain , I have a Hat A on my character , i want this one to be save so i create a static mesh actor Var to store the hat reference ; once done i buy the Hat B but i dont like this one but i dont want to pay again the hat A so i try to reload my save when i had the Hat A , the problem is even if the var is clearly displayed in the save file to be the Hat A i still got the Hat B for some reason , sometimes i even got a bug where the var inside the save file was set back to Null even if i didnt save but only loaded . So how i should proceed to avoid this kind of trouble . ( the character is saved normally but the hat var dont seems to be saved correctly ) To test it i make an actor choose between multiple hat and then set the var Hat . im on ue4.23 .
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen2.png Views:	0 Size:	209.6 KB ID:	1713471Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen3.png Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	1713472

Click image for larger version  Name:	screen1.png Views:	0 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	1713470
          Ps : I know i could save instead the integer to get a copy of th array ( and what i done ) to avoid trouble but was wandering why the game is acting like that about references .
          Last edited by FAKlR; 01-26-2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Show a save file where you save A, and another where you save hat B (the sav files, I can't read that screenshot)

Also I don't know how your graphs make changes to that array of hats so it's hard to suggest anything.

I would just use an index or enum because it doesn't seem like you can control in any way the object IDs of those hats doing that. Unreal will generate object IDs for them in whatever way it wants to and every time the game starts that can be a different one (4.24+)
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I've identified some inconsistency regarding that behavior.
              I'm submitting an update with a small correction for that, but your case with StaticMeshes I doubt it's going to change the results.

_____

I've also updated demo projects since the fixes are relevant for all current engine versions (the nomad "then" exec pin has been removed from nodes, only "On Success" and "On Fail" exec pins remains):

Demo Projects:

2.8.8 Demo UE4.22
              2.8.8 Demo UE4.23
              2.8.8 Demo UE4.24
              Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 01-27-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Oki Thanks for the update , once i will get it i will retry to use only mesh reference to see if thats been fixed or not , if needed i could send you save file and the project files , sorry for late answer was quite busy !

Comment

Hello Bruno. Before purschase I want to clear something:
                  1. for example I start new game on Level A, kill few NPC's and spawn new ones, then save and go to Level B, where I do the same with other actors and save again to the same slot. Will all this maps be saved in one save slot? I can travel between levels and every level will have its actors saved? or you just save your current level?
                  2. I have ItemInfo structure in my inventory system for example, it contains item actors class reference for spawning this item in future. will this struct save correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by RNic7 View Post
                    1. for example I start new game on Level A, kill few NPC's and spawn new ones, then save and go to Level B, where I do the same with other actors and save again to the same slot. Will all this maps be saved in one save slot? I can travel between levels and every level will have its actors saved? or you just save your current level?
                    If you want a slot to record which actors were destroyed in that level, it will reset if you overwrite with data from another level.
                    You can either create 1 slot per level or keep a list of dead actors yourself in game instance with soft references to those actors and save/load game instance. If an actor is in that list after load then just destroy or hide it.

2. I have ItemInfo structure in my inventory system for example, it contains item actors class reference for spawning this item in future. will this struct save correctly?
                    Yes structures and struct blueprints are safely supported unless are doing crazy things there, like having a deep chain of nested arrays of structs with arrays of object pointers with more array of structs and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X