[PLUGIN] Savior 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What u mean with 'but that won't be of much use honestly.' ??

it seems i cant load back the softReference to the actor mesh? any idea?

Any other workarounds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BulleTime View Post
    Okay thanks!

Another thing, i'd like to save a actor that holds a static mesh component i add at runtime. how do i save the reference to the mesh? i tried to add a (StaticMesh) variable with savegame flag inside the actor and restore it 'OnFinishRespawn' , but that aint work?

Regards
    I intentionally block static mesh saving (old users were causing crash with them). To avoid vertex data going into a save file.
    To save it, you can save a SoftReference to the mesh, but that won't be of much use honestly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay thanks!

Another thing, i'd like to save a actor that holds a static mesh component i add at runtime. how do i save the reference to the mesh? i tried to add a (StaticMesh) variable with savegame flag inside the actor and restore it 'OnFinishRespawn' , but that aint work?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Bruno, ive been trying to save actors in a streaming (sub) level, is this possible? or can actors only be saved within the persistent level?
    There are "Save/Load Level" functions in the plugin.
    Also there's a "Save Actor Hierarchy" function.

The Load Level function will not stream the level in, though. You have to make sure the target Level is already loaded into the main persistent world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Bruno, ive been trying to save actors in a streaming (sub) level, is this possible? or can actors only be saved within the persistent level?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am sending to Epic an update with some patches around that.
    If you still get a crash after Epic push the update, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, indeed. however i cant actually say for sure what i was doing at the crash moment, sorry :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You get a crash on "IsAsset()" function?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Had a crash, its in SerializeGameWorld function (Savior2.h). Any idea why?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xandemon View Post

The build process itself is not failing. It successfully produces a build of the game. When I run the game and then try to perform a save operation, it crashes the whole game with a fatal error. Doing the identical operation on a Development configuration build (which also does not error during the build process) correctly saves the game, no crashes.
    The slot object is attached to your GameInstance object while the slot is spawned and used.
    If you do something to your GameInstance which destroy or invalidate it that could be a cause for crash on save or load... Other than that something in your project is causing memory access violation for whatever reason, in this case avoiding async/background thread could help you fix that. It's very unlikely the plugin is causing the crash, but some code in the is acting upon objects that should be locked while the plugin save/load.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, im trying to change the default saving directory, using SetDefaultSaveLocation. In project settings i see its changed, however the files still got saved in /Saved/SaveGames. any idea how i would fix that?
    The plugin doesn't manipulate any path for save files.
    It uses Unreal's default SaveGame functions to generate the file written to disk.
    If there's a problem in there then it's hard to say if it's in plugin or something to be fixed in engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, im trying to change the default saving directory, using SetDefaultSaveLocation. In project settings i see its changed, however the files still got saved in /Saved/SaveGames. any idea how i would fix that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    If build process generates an error and fail, it should be saved in logs within project folder and appear on output log panel.
    The build process itself is not failing. It successfully produces a build of the game. When I run the game and then try to perform a save operation, it crashes the whole game with a fatal error. Doing the identical operation on a Development configuration build (which also does not error during the build process) correctly saves the game, no crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If build process generates an error and fail, it should be saved in logs within project folder and appear on output log panel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    I need to know what the error logs are.
    They should be in your Saved/Logs folder
    Shipping builds don't seem to generate any Saved/Logs folder/files. Or did you mean logs from the build process? Happy to pick this up offlist so we don't clog up the thread if you prefer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X