[PLUGIN] Savior 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    Epic have to process the update submission, they may take a few days.
    Probably a week after New Year's holiday or even more.

Comment

Hi, i was trying to save a DateTime struct, however it seems not being saved?

Comment

It somewhat says it is saving, but it doesn't load anything. I only have health, hunger and thirst checked as "save game". It shows me in the file, that the save file exists, have load on Begin play and nothing, put print strings on success and fail, no response about it. Debugging does not work anymore. Can't tell what it is doing as I can't see it. I'll post screenshots for ref. if needed. Would appreciate some honest help. Thanks

Comment

Use nodes that have no "clock" on top right corner.
          If you're not sure, just use normal save/load nodes instead.

Do not simply attach nodes to Begin Play, you can't control when Begin Play will be called. It can execute while the Actors you're trying to load don't even exist yet in game world.
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

ScreenShot
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
              Use nodes that have no "clock" on top right corner.
              If you're not sure, just use normal save/load nodes instead.

Do not simply attach nodes to Begin Play, you can't control when Begin Play will be called. It can execute while the Actors you're trying to load don't even exist yet in game world.
              The only thing I have on Begin Play is input set to game only as Unreal is no longer making that default. Any suggestion on where to load then? Thanks

Edit: They all have the clock btw

Comment

Replace those async nodes with normal ones then restart your Editor.
                Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 01-17-2019, 07:03 PM.
                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

You say normal? What node is that? You only have save game world async or + callbacks. Where are the others then?

Comment

No. There's nodes without Async actions.
                    Plugin v2.6.5

Comment

The only nodes you offer and it is only Saviors II
                      Attached Files

Comment

I re downloaded yesterday, would it have been there?

Comment

You need a variable of type Savior2 slot to access the normal nodes.

The Async ones can be called from anywhere (outside functions), the normal ones are to be used inside functions, but they need a slot variable to be called from.
                          Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 01-17-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Not even sure what the version is that I do have. Where do I find that info? Thanks

Comment

On plugins panel in Unreal Editor main menu.
                              You can see there list of plugins installed and their version.

Or on Launcher engine details.

Or in output log panel when you open the Unreal Editor..
                              Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 01-17-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Where or how do I do the var type for it? Don't see this on the docs page. Thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X