No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] USQLite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay thank you. And just to be clear, by server code, you mean it has to be sent through the server. Like from the game mode correct?

Comment

Hi.

I was trying to download the same project (I learn better seeing how you did things) but the link is broken. Could you fix, please? Thanks.

teak
      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
      -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

There wasn't link for latest engine demo project.
        I added it now.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I did a search on this forum for encryption and I didn't see anything... So, I started thinking about coming up with some sort of checksum...or another thing that would show the DB has been modified...and...if modified, the game would bring up an error message or something cute. I've not thought this through completely, so... looking for anyone else thoughts on this.

teak
          -- Willy Wonka

Comment

There's a md5 node for strings in plugin.
            But full file encryption is probably too slow.
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I've got low-entries encryption plugin... might look at that. Checksum type thing is more appealing though as it doesn't have the performance cost. Just a check to see if something has been changed. I just need to actually work on it!

teak
              -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Let's say I have 100 actors and each actor will have their own set of attributes... Will I have 100 separate DB files? Or, can I have a single DB file where I could use a SELECT statement to retrieve the correct one that is associated with a specific actor? Basically, use a select statement to retrieve column ID 24 (which is associated with the specific actor in question).

teak
                -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                  Let's say I have 100 actors and each actor will have their own set of attributes... Will I have 100 separate DB files?
                  lol that would be stupid if the plugin would do that.
                  Each Actor = ID in Table.
                  It doesn't care either about which level the Actor was recorded from.

You only have multiple db files if you create multiple db accessors (assets) in asset browser.

_____

Oh and if you mean each Actor used a different "Table" of attributes, what happens is the table will simply sign as "NULL" the properties that don't match table's signature.
                  Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 12-24-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

lol that would be stupid if the plugin would do that.
                    Each Actor = ID in Table.
                    It doesn't care either about which level the Actor was recorded from.

You only have multiple db files if you create multiple db accessors (assets) in asset browser.

_____

Oh and if you mean each Actor used a different "Table" of attributes, what happens is the table will simply sign as "NULL" the properties that don't match table's signature.
                    Yeah, I guess it would be stupid..! Apologies for the stupid question... I've only spent about 30 minutes roaming around your project. Thanks!

teak
                    -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Hello. Can I use this plugin to save, for example, quiz results stored in variables in to DB and open it for reading and analyze later on some SQL DB reader? It is for VR quiz. User enter his name and then quiz results saving in to DB. Each user results should be saved in DB. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Z PRODUCTION View Post
                        Hello. Can I use this plugin to save, for example, quiz results stored in variables in to DB and open it for reading and analyze later on some SQL DB reader?
                        Yes. A valid *db file is generated and can be read/edited on SQLite explores.

Comment

Bruno, Good day.

Please tell me, I would like to make the Equipment Base on the engine with information about when and how to service it. This is a database of non-game objects, this is real physical, I need for my work) I need so that I can enter equipment with a name and characteristics, enter the dates of the next service and what was done. Can this task be done on the engine with your plugin? Or maybe other tools are needed? Thank you, health to you!

Comment

Originally posted by АндрейКексик View Post
                            Bruno, Good day.

Please tell me, I would like to make the Equipment Base on the engine with information about when and how to service it. This is a database of non-game objects, this is real physical, I need for my work) I need so that I can enter equipment with a name and characteristics, enter the dates of the next service and what was done. Can this task be done on the engine with your plugin? Or maybe other tools are needed? Thank you, health to you!
                            Possible yes, but maybe not necessary.
                            If all you want to store are texts, not blueprint objects with data, then this plugin is not necessary for you.
                            Can work, but you could also do that without the plugin.

If you have to keep mutable data, instead of data tables, I would go with the plugin anyway (just to avoid dealing with C++).

Comment

Working...
                            X