[PLUGIN] USQLite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't build binaries.
    Binaries are built by the Marketplace QA before they upload the package. In your installation of Unreal the packaging process of your game also should build binaries for you if your project is not Blueprints only and you have a C++ Compiler installed to use with Unreal Engine.

This is why source code for the plugin is always included when you download from Launcher.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Bruno,

I'm using Unreal Source 4.21 and when I try to build the Server, I get this error (see image). Any idea what is causing it or what I need to do to fix it?

Comment

Sounds like GCC doesn't like some syntax that MSVC can understand just fine.

Also 4.21 is old, I don't even have it installed anymore, I have to check that.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Beawesome7

I am looking into old builds and the thing is that Unreal 4.21 has a problem where they made it impossible for me to embed and build *.C files (not C++).
          In Unreal 4.22 they reverted this problem and so I can include the SQLite sources again...

But I can't fix that for Unreal 4.21 :/
          The thing that Clang is complaining about I will submit a fix for 4.22, 23 and 24, but there's really nothing I can do about Unreal 4.21, it is really a messed up engine version for this.

Comment

That's unfortunate, as 4.22/23 breaks a lot of the assets I use. Thank you for checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Beawesome7 View Post
              That's unfortunate, as 4.22/23 breaks a lot of the assets I use. Thank you for checking.
              Did you try to compile with the files from link I sent to you?

Comment

I have 2 questions.
                1. Can I use a sql query string to query data?such as "select * from xxxx where xxx =xxxx"
                2. Can I load whole database into memory,and then do some operations in the memory database?

Comment

There's a node "Execute Command" where you can input anything you want in SQL language, but doing so is useless for the rest of the system integrated to Blueprints.

You won't be able to figure out and write by hand how the plugin identifies Unreal Objects/Actors/Components as primary key IDs, you'll end up using C++ and rewriting a lot of code the plugin already does.

Comment

How can I get the query result after "Execute Command" function? This function only return a enum.

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post
                      How can I get the query result after "Execute Command" function? This function only return a enum.
                      Because what you want is not possible in this plugin from Blueprints. Since I didn't expose query stepping to blueprint nodes in the code.
                      SQLite library provides plain C interface to query data through text, if you want to do everything through text with this plugin and bypass all the UObject* interface, you'll have to add to plugin source your own versions of
                      Code:
                      void USQL::DB_ImmediateLoad(USQLite* Database, UObject* Outer, const FString SQL)
                      in USQL.cpp source file to return query results as plain text.
                      In my interfaces I return UObject* data instead of text, I do not provide nodes to work in plain text (that already exist in Unreal).

Comment

As it is hard to understand how to use UObject* interface to implement my feature,I add a sqlite_orm library to my solution,it is more easy to understand now.
                        Nice plugin,I learn a lot in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

Did you try to compile with the files from link I sent to you?
                          I just saw you sent me the message, the dropbox cpp link expired. Could you resend it?

I noticed the plugin had an update for 4.21, did that include the fixes you sent me?

Comment

I noticed the plugin had an update for 4.21, did that include the fixes you sent me?
                            Yes, same changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

Yes, same changes.
                              Windows Server compiles, Linux fails. I need the Linux binaries. How would I get them?

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Beawesome7; 12-08-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Windows Server compiles, Linux fails. I need the Linux binaries. How would I get them?
                                I will reinstall 4.21 tomorrow and see if I can build Linux binaries since I can't upload them to Marketplace.

Comment

Working...
                                X