No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] USQLite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can just create multiple DB assets and use them simultaneously.
    Versions are intended for when things in game changed a lot and you don't want old saves to break.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Outstanding, thank you much

Comment

@
        Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR
        For dynamic Actors you can create a storage UObject using the "New Object Instance" node and give object a Name ID, that id will always be the same so you can save/load its properties to DB from there. The "New Object Instance" node always attach the instanced class to the Blueprint running the node so when that Actor Blueprint is destroyed the storage instance will be gone with it.
        Hello sir BrUnO XaVIeR, im sorry for bothering you again..
        But i cant find any node "New Object Instance" i'm using blueprints only, is that only possible with c++ ?

How do i change spawned object ID in blueprint, it seems they are automatic in blueprints...

Comment

That node doesn't exist without the USQLite plugin installed. It is part of the plugin.
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
            That node doesn't exist without the USQLite plugin installed. It is part of the plugin.
            oooh i seee..

i should have checked this out first : https://brunoxavierleite.github.io/U...tInstance.html

so New Object Instance is similar to spawn actor from class?
            can i ask what is the difference ? how about the instance's transform / world location setting?

thank you very much sir... im saving up for this... i know this is a very useful plugin..
            Last edited by yanzco; 10-10-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

No, it is not like Spawn Actor node.
              You should never use it on Actor classes, neither Component classes. It is meant to be used with "UObject" types which aren't Actors neither have a transform.

It spawns an UObject class, from the Actor or Component Blueprint you have, but the target class should never be one of them to be instanced from this node.

Comment

How would this work with CloudSaves (Steam or Oculus) ? For Oculus for example, you save your stuff using whatever means you have and then Oculus Cloud would upload those save files into the cloud. It's kinda self-explanatory with standard save game files.

How would cloud saving/loading work with the database ?

Comment

There's no builtin support for cloud saves.
                  This was built for dedicated servers or installs where you own the folders where the data is stored in.
                  Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 10-15-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hi, is this a generic SQLite plugin or jus tan alternative for saving games? What I am looking for is a way to access data from an SQLite database, read, write and create of the db's at runtime. But not a tool for persisting objects. Is this a good plugin for that sort of data access?

Comment

This plugin requires the use of Unreal's UObject to store data.

Comment

Working...
                      X