No announcement yet.

Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,when i placed a car on the road made by BP_SnappyRoad, No collision happened and the car dropped.However, the collision worked normally when i wrote a test splinemesh BP using the same mesh model .Then,I added a node called SetCollisionEnabled after SetStartAndEnd node and Change collsion to BLOCKALL in BP_SnappyRoad,but IT DID NOT work ,too.I am confused about what 's wrong with the code.Any Solution?THX very much.
    PS:Any more T_ intersection mesh except 1X1 to update in package?

Comment

Hi davidtully13, its called "Mesh Extra".

Best Regards

Comment

Hi DanteIntoDive,
        Hello, this is because Road Actor's Spline->CollisionPreset property is set to "OverlapAll" by default. Set it to "BlockAll" to enable collision. You may also want to set "Use Complex Collision As Simple" in Static Mesh Editor for road and intersection meshes as a temporary workaround. Many new intersections with custom collision meshes are going to be added soon.

Best Regards

Comment

I cannot figure out on how to adjust the terrain height with world composition... Won't that work?
          If I try selecting the terrain on the Landscape section I got the "prohibited" cursor... Word composition with seamless landscapes is a must for me, it seems that I cannot use it at all. It worked only on the first tile, not on the other sublevels.

Comment

marquinhosxp Right click on landscape -> Transform -> Uncheck 'Lock Actor Movement'

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
              marquinhosxp Right click on landscape -> Transform -> Uncheck 'Lock Actor Movement'

Best Regards
              Nice, thank you so much! I'm completely new to Unreal (used only Unity before).

Comment

Hello everyone,
                First thing first, awesome tool, best spent money recently xD

I'm trying to figure out the tool for my project, after a couple of days I managed to make it work and realized where i was wrong, but now another issue occurs.

I have a world composing with several Levels of sub-maps, what I want to achieve is to make the road visible as you advance in the game or vice-versa, cause that's why I want to use the composing.

Still, an issue I'm getting when making current a certain Sub-Map > adding the BP_Snappy > then making Current another Sub-map and continuing with the road on it and when saving I'm getting a window with chain references.

Or this:
                Object 'BP_SnappyRoad_C /Game/VehicleBP/Maps/SubLevel/NewMap34.NewMap34:PersistentLevel.BP_SnappyRoad_C_6557' is in another map

I will post some pictures just in case, any help is welcomed!

Attached Files

Comment

Hello florinversus. Thank you for reporting this error. Apparently UE4 doesn't support object linking between sub levels. You can remedy this issue by manually removing references to the specified objects. These can be found under "Attach First/Last Point To" categories of Road Actors, which are directly connected to the roads in question. Please clear any checkboxes(Attach First/Last Point To..) and references to external roads. Then you'll be able to save levels without any problems.

Best Regards

Comment

Hello florinversus. Thank you for reporting this error. Apparently UE4 doesn't support object linking between sub levels. You can remedy this issue by manually removing references to the specified objects. These can be found under "Attach First/Last Point To" categories of Road Actors, which are directly connected to the roads in question. Please clear any checkboxes(Attach First/Last Point To..) and references to external roads. Then you'll be able to save levels without any problems.

Best Regards
                    So working with world composition it is needed to manually divide roads and place the ending of one piece near the beginning of a piece that is in another tile to simulate a road that is connected on a large map made of tiles with world composition?

Comment

Can this tool be used at runtime in game or is it only meant to work at design time in the editor? I understand that terrain deformation wouldn't be possible at runtime, but if the terrain was flat, could this tool be set up to work at runtime? So roads could be placed by the player for example.

Comment

@GlimpseOfDawn

The system is very laggy, slowly and unusable for me. I put it in my project, hope can create road network more easily, but after I create 6 or 7 spline points, the whole Unreal editor will become freeze about 5 seconds per spline point. If I drag to create 10 spline nodes, this will happen 7 to 8 times. I tried to increase the "X scale", but it still laggy......

Can you help me out?

Yesterday I already sent an email to you, if this tool is not suite for my project, may I ask for a refund?

Comment

DarkS474 You can still snap roads together when they are in separate sublevels. But after snapping you have to press "Detach" button to unlink them. (In current version you also have to clear "PointParent" fields manually)

wilberolive This tool is not designed for runtime. Many things take place in the Construction Script function(which runs in editor only).

Comment

Kingtem An option will be added to disable road generation during spline editing. Update will be released in two weeks' time.

Comment

Best Regards
                              TBH, i was trying to change and even remove the Attach First To but with no success, now with the Detach button i hope it will work, hopefully will work with ctrl-shift-a and do that for all of them, i do not need any "Miracles" on saving.

All the best!

Comment

Best Regards
                                Tell me if i'm doing something wrong!

The main LANDSCAPE the Lock Actor Movement is Uncheck, also the LandscapeStreamingProxy from that section where is the road is Uncheck but i still get the prohibited icon, just on the Main Lanscape it apear as usable, but nothing is set/ selected.

Also, thank you for the Detach tip, works exactly as you said, now i can remake everything xD.

All the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X